Your thoughts on Jersey Shore

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
Guilty pleasure, or do you think it's dumbing down america and making it look like most americans really act and live this way to other countries. It got me thinking after I saw a commercial for the new tv show H8ters where one of the episodes snooki confronts a guy that says he really hates her. My personal opinion is that I hope kids don't grow up thinking that this is what their lives should be like and this is how they should act and that superficial things should really matter that much in their lives. But enough of what I think, What do you guys think?

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I like Jerseylicious better.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    There are two things that have killed many of my brain cells - all that pot and plenty of Jersey Shore
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Pennsylvania, my opinion in general is that Jersey should be destroyed and PA should be given a beach. I'm not a fan of Jersey in general, let alone the TV show. Which I've never actually seen, because it came out of Jersey.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Waste of brain cells to even think about it...IMO.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    It's my guilty pleasure, i think most people know that their behavior isnt whats normal lol, but they are young and loving the lime light, and we get to laugh at their ridiculousness... I wait for Thursday night all week!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Dumbest show ever... people are getting paid to hook up and get drunk. Life doesn't get much more unproductive than that!

I'm all for having a good time... partying it up... etc. BUT COME ON! It certainly doesn't make you a celebrity!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i'm convinced those who watch Jersey Shore do not think. I'm reporting this post for being completely counterintuitive.

i'm totally kidding. i just wanted to use the word "counterintuitive" again today.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jersy Shore!!!! I love all shows like that, jerseylicious, all the housewive series, real world, etc. I have no life, and its entertainment for me to watch other people live a fake one. If parents are blaming how their kids act because of tv, then maybe they should actually spend time with their kids instead of letting them go into their rooms and have the tv be the babysitter. I had mtv be my babysitter when i was younger and i'm not on drugs, slappin up hoes and thuggin out on my block. If your kids are behaving badly, its because they are young and wild, not because of Jersey Shore. In the 50's people were sexing it up at drive ins, and they never even allowed sex in movies like that. So who can they blame their wild actions on? Kids will be kids
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lqlrh5e7ED1qlfn3ro2_250.gif
    tumblr_lqik8wuBYF1qafrh6.gif
    vhN7Y.gif
    tumblr_ln5j36uKN21qhgf4do1_500.gif
    tumblr_lltgcripG01qkx0x3o1_250.gif
    tumblr_li6eom66d61qdlyvl.gif
    tumblr_liguo6Hb261qd5hjz.gif
    1275645048_how-i-met-your-mother-robin-vs-barney-headshot.gif

The various ways I feel about Jersey Shore
  • redhead91
    Options
    I think it's an awful show and that the people on it are terrible role models, but I also despise the word HATE. I think it's terrible that people would say that they "hate" people that they've never even met. They may not be the best people out there, but c'mon they're just young people and have no real grasp on life yet. People need to lay off others and spread a little more love and a lot less hate.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE me some Jersey Shore! I look forward to watching it every week. However, I think their live style is their choice and if they want to go public with it, than go for it! I would NEVER live my life that way, hell I don't even drink. I can't really say I agree w/ their life style....but it's fun to watch how ridiculous they can be and they make me laugh constantly. SO for me it's a guily pleasure.

Unfortunately, there really are people who live that way all over the world, the show just puts it on blast so to speak!

6720589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered Geordie Shore this morning. Ia m on episode two. It is worse then Jersey Shore. I cant stop watching this crap.
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It is shameful and ridiculous. I do not let my teenagers watch it, and it makes me want to cancel cable.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like the show. I don't watch it when it first airs. I normally wait till I am at home flipping channels and there's a rerun. It's entertaining and believe it or not people that is how a lot of 21 - 30 year olds would be living if they were making $10k+ per episode. lol A majority of my friends are spending their weekends drinking and hooking up. The Jeresey Shore cast just so happens to be able to do it for 3 months and get paid for it.
  • rbryntes
    Options
    But it does, apparently, make you a New York Times bestselling author.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Snooki makes me want to blow up the whole northeast. Unfortunately I live here, too. Sigh.

Can I just add, Snooki is not even from Jersey, SHE'S FROM FREAKING POUGHKEEPSIE. :grumble:
  • rbryntes
    Options
    I have just discovered Geordie Shore this morning. Ia m on episode two. It is worse then Jersey Shore. I cant stop watching this crap.

WHAT is this magical thing that I must be watching? Is it better than "America's Most Smartest Model"?
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    tumblr_lqlrh5e7ED1qlfn3ro2_250.gif
    tumblr_lqik8wuBYF1qafrh6.gif
    vhN7Y.gif
    tumblr_ln5j36uKN21qhgf4do1_500.gif
    tumblr_lltgcripG01qkx0x3o1_250.gif
    tumblr_li6eom66d61qdlyvl.gif
    tumblr_liguo6Hb261qd5hjz.gif
    1275645048_how-i-met-your-mother-robin-vs-barney-headshot.gif

The various ways I feel about Jersey Shore

Loved the montage!

I like Bad Girls Club better! Drinking, sex and girl on girl fighting...what more could you ask for???
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    thanks I put a lot of thought into it lol
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options

WHAT is this magical thing that I must be watching? Is it better than "America's Most Smartest Model"?

I went tot he MTV Canada website cause i thought i miss Jersey Shore last night but turns out it is on Thursdays. But I discover they have full episodes on there of the UK wanna be show. Check it out. :)