Your thoughts on Jersey Shore

Options

Replies

• jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ithink people look way to far into things like this. It's a TV show, it's for entertainment. If kids can understand that pigs and elephants don't really talk, like they show on TV, they can understand Jersey Shore and every other TV show isn't how people actually live. If that ends up being their goal, however, to live life like a 24/7 party then that's their porogative and they have other issues than a TV show.

^^ ABSOLUTELY!!! Well said!
  • kltdempsey
    Options
    Gordie shore is exactly what people are like in the Binge drinking UK. Wai I man!
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The most retarded show ever. People who watch shows like this need to just go away.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I don't think about Jersey Shore at all. I'm not into "reality t.v." unless you consider the history channel, Letterman and game shows "reality t.v." When I want to see real people interact, I hang out with friends and family.
    I don't mean to disrespect anyone who enjoys reality t.v. I just don't see the attraction. Since I've only heard of Snooki and "the Situation" via jokes on Letterman, I don't have an opinion about them.
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    absolutely waste of time to watch the trashy people and the disgusting way they live!! and sad thing is i have a few 8th grade students that want to grow up to be like snookie........they think that lifestyle is awesome to live. very sad. i am not even concerned with what other countries think so much as i am concerned that the trash on their is looked at as cool by our youth!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I am from right outside of Philly in Jersey and it amazes me how hateful people are to those from Jersey. I live in PA now and my man has lived here all his life. He also had this notion in his head that people from Jersey are rude and the state is dysfunctional.. I don't know what has caused all the stereotyping. Central Jersey is pretty normal. These shows are inflated for ratings. We've had a long history of corruption but that doesn't mean that all the people who live there are bad.

ANYWAY.

Jersey Shore, while I said I would never get into it has become a guilty pleasure recently.

Haha, I lived 5 minutes from center city (phila) all my life and while I've said the "dirty jersey" jokes, I love jersey shore (the actual shore) and I have family that lives there. It's more of poking fun than actually being serious about Jersey being dirty. Although the beaches are pretty ick, haha, that's not necessarily Jerseys fault.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    waste.of.time.
    cannot believe they are getting paid.
  • kltdempsey
    Options
    If people watch it, then they are going to believe that people love them for being utter tools. And they now get paid millions and people now think that if they want fame all they need to do is get trashed and make idiots of themselves.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I am straight and married with kids and think the guys are betting looking than the women. Those are seriously the most disgustingly hideous women I have ever seen. I would blow The Situation 10 times before I would even shake hands with Snookie.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i live in new york (on the border of jersey by 10 minutes). i am an hour drive to sea side where jersey shore is located. everyone around here refers it to "sleaze side" and thats been before jersey shore came about. So that should explain it all. There a ton of beaches at the jersey shore that are absolutely gorgeous. You go to sea side and sleaze is what your gonna get.
    I am guilty of watching from time to time. I am a houswives addict though.
  • trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    love jersey shore!!!!!!!
  • jamslash
    Options
    I'm sad to live in a world where it exists.

Seriously, it's pathetic that people have put some much effort into that crap when they should be interested in what is going on with their country or possibly even other parts of the world.

this
  • amezeez
    amezeez Posts: 26
    Options
    Jersey what??? Total waste of life.
  • dianathepenguin
    dianathepenguin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Jersey Shore = waste of time. I wish people didn't become famous for being loud, obnoxious, and self-centered. But... that day hasn't come yet when the meek will inherit the Earth :D So... i guess until then, we watch this crap.
  • MLAnniRoc
    Options
    Absolute trash.
    For ratings or money, it's suicidal to your brain cells to even ACT that stupid. I think those kids are self-destructive, and they will probably wind up as the has-beens parading on another reality show about rehab. This new generation seems especially gullible and a lack of intelligence is nothing to be proud of, despite how much you're getting paid.
  • tracysue11
    tracysue11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahahaha...it is also my guilty pleasure...i also hope no one thinks this is the way people should live their lives, and i would never want or suggest anyone under 25 watch it(because hopefully by that age you know better-obviously mike the situation didnt get the memo)...but it amuses me and takes my mind off of my own problems!:smile:
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I think the show is dumb and I don't watch it, nor do I really watch anything on MTV anymore. But if people want to watch it then that's their business.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    absolutely waste of time to watch the trashy people and the disgusting way they live!! and sad thing is i have a few 8th grade students that want to grow up to be like snookie........they think that lifestyle is awesome to live. very sad. i am not even concerned with what other countries think so much as i am concerned that the trash on their is looked at as cool by our youth!!

"and sad thing is i have a few 8th grade students that want to grow up to be like snookie"

That genuinely makes me sad and worry about the future! why would anyone want to be like that.
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Eh I watch it with my daughters it's comical in a way.stupid,pathetic,idk but we all watch.
  • taylor0911
    Options
    I never would of thought I would be talking about my love for Jersey Shore on MFP....
    I wouldn't say it's my 'guilty pleasure', since I don't feel guilty about it all haha, I love the show! I personally find reality TV extremely entertaining (complete opposite of most people I know..), but Jersey Shore really tops it off for me.
    Sure they do some pretty outrageous things, and say some dumb things, but isn't that how it gets all its ratings?
    And plus, if you watch the show you would know that Vinny and Pauly D are actually really nice guys...