Your thoughts on Jersey Shore

Options

Replies

• chelleymarie88
    Options
    I lose brain cells every time I flip through the channels and I get a glimpse of jersey snore.

this
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I hate that show. With the* passion to burn a hole in the sun.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    None.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    It's fake (in one of the episodes, you can clearly see someone directing a "fight") but its funny...really funny. Especially Pauly D. You can't read into it too much.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Never watched it, never will. Exploiting uneducated, ignorant, embarrasing, arrogant young people. Great role models. 90% of all reality shows are crap and harm society (USA) in countless ways.

IMO: Top Chef is part of the 10%.
  • Cateyxx
    Options
    Love Jersey Shore!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered Geordie Shore this morning. Ia m on episode two. It is worse then Jersey Shore. I cant stop watching this crap.

As a Geordie can I just say I'm totally embarased by that program.

As a rule I don't watch 'reality' tv. It really is carcrash tv. It's cheap programing for the tv companys, and they can always find attention seakers to take part.
    And kid's watching them are taking away the fact that bad behaviour gets you on TV & 'famous'. Is that really what we want to teach them?
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Snooki makes me want to blow up the whole northeast. Unfortunately I live here, too. Sigh.

Can I just add, Snooki is not even from Jersey, SHE'S FROM FREAKING POUGHKEEPSIE. :grumble:

(most of them are not from Jersey, and about half of them aren't even italian.)

I think that people are taking this way too seriously. If you don't like Jersey Shore, dont watch it. If you think they are bad role models, don't act like them. and if you are a parent you should probably trust that your children won't act like that either. It's not like their lives go particularly well in the TV show. Over all, it's mindless dumb entertainment, but it is just that, entertainment. It's not like the JS gang are running for political office or something. They don't really have control over our country and most people are smart enough to know they also in no way represent our country.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Never watched it but from what I've heard and what little I've seen in magazines is that it's trash.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Have not and will not watch. No reality TV. I refuse to live my life in front of a TV watching someone else live theirs... especially people I don't admire or aspire to be like in any way. I make this assumption from what I've heard others say about the show. Some people I work with talk about these people like they know them intimately... so they enjoy it, but I just can't watch. I don't see the point.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    If I want to watch a bunch of little orange people I'll watch charlie and the chocolate factory
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Guilty pleasure TV. I haven't watched it since I got rid of cable.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Guilty pleasure. 100%

I spend enough time worrying myself with the ills of the world. I can indulge in absolutely mindless entertainment because that's all it is. It's not meant to change the world or whatever. It's meant to be a soul sucking 1hr (commercials included) tv show. And I thoroughly enjoy it.

This. I don't watch because I aspire to be like them. I watch because its entertaining. Plus, how else would I extend my vocab to include words like 'smushing' and 'kookah'?
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Huge guilty pleasure. Even though I'm full blooded Italian I still think it's the best 'reality' show. Even though The Situation admitted a lot of it is scripted...
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Snooki makes me want to blow up the whole northeast. Unfortunately I live here, too. Sigh.

Can I just add, Snooki is not even from Jersey, SHE'S FROM FREAKING POUGHKEEPSIE. :grumble:

The only one from Jersey is Sammi..............
  • almost350
    Options
    Love it!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I think the general consensus is that there is very little thought, at all, among the cast of Jersey Shore.
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the dumbest thing on television (which is saying something). Putting shows like this on the air is just contributing to the superficiality of the Western world. I think this garbage is actively hurting culture to the point that I can't say that we as a society ought to be able to lay claim to having any.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Ithink people look way to far into things like this. It's a TV show, it's for entertainment. If kids can understand that pigs and elephants don't really talk, like they show on TV, they can understand Jersey Shore and every other TV show isn't how people actually live. If that ends up being their goal, however, to live life like a 24/7 party then that's their porogative and they have other issues than a TV show.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Guilty pleasure. 100%

I spend enough time worrying myself with the ills of the world. I can indulge in absolutely mindless entertainment because that's all it is. It's not meant to change the world or whatever. It's meant to be a soul sucking 1hr (commercials included) tv show. And I thoroughly enjoy it.

This. I don't watch because I aspire to be like them. I watch because its entertaining. Plus, how else would I extend my vocab to include words like 'smushing' and 'kookah'?

ronnie4.gif