MFP Biggest Loser Challenge

Options

Replies

• alibaba0310
    Options
    haha nice job amy! i'm on my schools varsity tennis team, and we had a two hour practice today and i burned 852 calories, and the next three days we have matches. green team, i think we may have a leg up here haha
  • nicoleat1049
    nicoleat1049 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also checking in for the green team... I burned 602 calories during 50 very sweaty minutes of Zumba (it would have been an hour, but I was late bc the child watch at my gym was INSANE). Go green! Tomorrow I will be doing a Core Ball class. I'm not entirely sure what that is, but I'm excited.
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Well Yellow team, I burned like 800 calories today with my chalean extreme weights and my hour long turbo kickboxing class... that should give a little more leeway!!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Go RED TEAM!

I burned 1,035 calories today!

RED TEAM if you would like, I could compile all the info from our challenges and post daily. You can just email me your daily totals. It would be just 5 posts weekly to this discussion thread instead of 25 posts weekly for our team. Let me know what you think of the idea.

Monita
  • alibaba0310
    Options
    i was actually thinking that at the end of the week, people would just send me their numbers for each day and i would do all the math and stuff. if you want to do it though go ahead haha

also, everyones doing AWESOME!
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    yeah lets just do it once a week :)

Hey Red Team would you all like to Do a spin off thread for us to give each other motivation?
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple people message me about adding to your signature so
    if you want to add the Biggest Loser shirt to your signature..

go to google...search for biggest loser...find the pic you want to use :)
    go to aviary.com
    upload pic
    resize pic, i found if you change the first number to 200 it will automatically change the height to match
    but change it to whatever you want to use :)

save
    copy/paste message board link into your signature
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great day today! I re-joined the YMCA today, so I had an hour of peaceful exercise while my kids got to run around their "adventure room" & burn off some steam too. Ahhhh....

Go all teams, but I am partial to green!!

Hugs,
    Amy :0)
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options

Hey Red Team would you all like to Do a spin off thread for us to give each other motivation?

OK, I agree on the once a week post for results too. Now I don't think we need another thread since it's just me and you posting for now. Perhaps the others just want to post once a week as well? After the 1st week, we'll see who's really with us. I'll reach out to the other team members in an email.

Whoo-Hoo! Red Team Rules!
  • alibaba0310
    Options

OK, I agree on the once a week post for results too. Now I don't think we need another thread since it's just me and you posting for now. Perhaps the others just want to post once a week as well? After the 1st week, we'll see who's really with us. I'll reach out to the other team members in an email.

Whoo-Hoo! Red Team Rules!

wait does this mean that you guys are doing your individual teams?
  • sarahkova
    Options
    no I was just suggesting that as a team we have another thread as well to chat and discuss things too...Since we are on teams...
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    no I was just suggesting that as a team we have another thread as well to chat and discuss things too...Since we are on teams...

I just sent out an email to you and the team. Please set up our Red Team thread. This is a fantastic idea!
  • clvdandj
    Options
    I havn't seen anyone from my team make any posts! Hopefully they are all still participating!!
  • catjrow3
    Options
    I have not seen too much of mine either, but ... I am sure they are out there!! :-)
  • sarahkova
    Options
    I have a question about calories....I use my HRM so the calories are very accurate...if I used MFP it would say I burned about 200 more calories a workout then what I have burned. which is what I am assuming most of you are doing. so calories will be really skewed. would it be better to do minutes worked out instead? that can't be skewed. otherwise I can just enter my calories as what MFP would say instead of my HRM......
  • prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Who's out there exercising for the Blue Team? :wink:

Yesterday, I did the elliptical, then a spinning class, today more elliptical, tomrorrow hot yoga and kickboxing!

GO BLUE!!
  • catjrow3
    Options
    I have a question about calories....I use my HRM so the calories are very accurate...if I used MFP it would say I burned about 200 more calories a workout then what I have burned. which is what I am assuming most of you are doing. so calories will be really skewed. would it be better to do minutes worked out instead? that can't be skewed. otherwise I can just enter my calories as what MFP would say instead of my HRM......
    I use the body bugg and MFP is kinda close in the same calories, but when its higher on MFP, I adjust the minutes down to get the same calorie burn as my armband, that way its more accurate and hopefully not "overestimating"...
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Go Team Blue! :)

I am doing my exercises, did zumba monday and tuesday as well as lifting and other cardio
  • kaybay1994
    Options
    I havn't seen anyone from my team make any posts! Hopefully they are all still participating!!

This week has been a toughy for me. I haven't had much time to get workout's in but i'm going to try my best the next few days and hopefully do much better next week. I apologize for not doing so well this week.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello BL team & team Green -

Today was nutty, and I didn't get a workout in, but I haven't taken a rest day in awhile - so tomorrow should be better! I went to work over an hour early, worked thru lunch - straight from work to pick up kids, sons baseball game, school meeting - then help with homework/laundry/pack lunches, etc... once 9:45 came, I was out of oomph.

eeek - excuses I know, promise to do better tomorrow! Eating was pretty good though. :)