SAHMU 60 day Challenge **Final Week** (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My husband is home and we just had burgers and jalepeno poppers!!! Looks like I need to put an extra workout in today! On a better note, I got a juicer today and made juice with, cucumber, carrots(both from my garden) apples and a celery stick. Yummy!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Cardio part 2: ( 1 point)
    Do a workout that involves the kids 5/7 days-- they love it, and it's certainly a good burn!!
    Burn at least 300 calories 5/7 days
    Wednesday- 0
    Thursday-0
    Friday-500+, walk outside with kids in trailer!
    Saturday- 700+- circuits with Emma, running in the yard with the kids in the trailer
    Sunday-
    Monday-
    Tuesday-

Strength:( 4 different strength workouts = 4 points)

100 crunches
    Wednesday-
    Thursday-
    Friday-
    Sat- 30 crunches

100 lunges
    Wednesday-
    Thursday-
    Friday-

100 push-ups
    Wednesday-
    Thursday-
    Friday-
    Sat- 30 push ups

200 squats
    Wednesday-
    Thursday-
    Friday-
    Sat- 60 squats ( 30 chair, 30 reg, 30 sumo)

Food: (1 point)
    Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day ( 5/7)
    Wednesday-Done!
    Thursday-
    Friday- Done!
    Sat- done!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    "... Emotional challenge: (1 point)
    What has this challenge meant to you? How has it helped you? Anyone that stands out on your team?

This challenge has meant a lot to me. More than I can articulate without first putting significant thought into it. This is not my answer, merely my place holder until I formulate the words.

*** I hope it is okay with everyone that I am not commiting to a specific number for my calorie burn goal. I just don't want to set the bar too high and feel like I failed, or too low to the point where it is embarrassing. I'm more than a little bummed about the expected 2 week recovery time for my stupid twisted ankle, but I don't want to drop out of the last week of the challenge because then I know I'll be even more depressed. I'm tryng to focus on doing the best I can with exercise and being very careful with portions and calorie intake. ***

Lynda"

Lynda,
    Please allow yourself to be challenged- failure is the only way a person can move forward/ learn; the "greats" in this world all come to be after many, many failures. There is NO embarrassment here: I admire you for even being a part of this forum and personally, if anyone gives you reason to feel embarrassed, then they need to do some work on themselves. Start low, achieve that, celebrate, then set the bar higher. You'll be amazed at what you can do!

I truly believe that you can do it; the key is that you have to believe it too!

I don't want to sound too preachy or like self-help book but I truly know where you are; I've been there and I still go there from time to time. Maybe that's why I want so badly for you to face the challenge AND succeed.

Amy,
    excellent point. I was and am feeling rather discouraged and I was afraid to do anything half-a$$ed, but I think you are right. It is better to set a goal and look at is as something i will strive to achieve then to not set a goal and risk complacency. that being said, I will try to make it a realistic goal so i don't get blown out of the water. thank you for the kind words of encouragement. they were very much so needed :flowerforyou:

My Calorie Burn goal for the Week: 2000 calories. I figure that commits me to walking daily as well as some yoga and calisthenics that I can do without straining my ankle.
    Lynda

Way to go Lynda! I right there with you, cheering us on!

And, you are very welcome. :smile:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    My husband is home and we just had burgers and jalepeno poppers!!! Looks like I need to put an extra workout in today! On a better note, I got a juicer today and made juice with, cucumber, carrots(both from my garden) apples and a celery stick. Yummy!

A juicer sounds like a good idea... now where's my birthday/ Christmas wish list... :happy:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Sa 9/10 (posted on team Black & main thread)
    CARDIO: walking
    Calories Burned = 240

CARDIO Part 2:
    Goal =
    Add a minimum of a 100 calorie burn each day playing with my kids
    Burn an average of 500 calories/ day
    Go for a walk with my husband every day that he does not work (approx. 4 days)
    Completed? didn't make the 500 cal/ day (kind of guessed on the cals burned)

STRENGTH:
    200 sit-up's (100 completed)
    100 lunges (65 completed)
    100 push-ups (40 completed)
    200 squats (45 completed)

FOOD:
    Under Carbs? yes

My neck really is sore! I know that I need to go see a chiropractor but it's making the time... ugh!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I am so excited about something. My sisters and I are going to be walking in The Light The Night walk in Colorado Springs for Lukemia. I have 5 sisters so we are going to have a great little mini vaca. My brother Kehley was diagnosed with Lukemia when he was 3 and passed when he was 7. We are doing this in his honor. We made t-shirts and put a big picture of him on the back, he looks so cute in it, he was about 4. I am somewhat emotional about this but I know it is a great way to remember his beautiful spirit.
    I have the link for you all to come check out our little team page if you would like.
    http://pages.lightthenight.org/rm/CoSprngs11/Lichtenfeld

I am thankful that I have all of you to not only share this weight loss journey with but also I have you all as my strong and amazing friends.
    Karie
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I am so excited about something. My sisters and I are going to be walking in The Light The Night walk in Colorado Springs for Lukemia. I have 5 sisters so we are going to have a great little mini vaca. My brother Kehley was diagnosed with Lukemia when he was 3 and passed when he was 7. We are doing this in his honor. We made t-shirts and put a big picture of him on the back, he looks so cute in it, he was about 4. I am somewhat emotional about this but I know it is a great way to remember his beautiful spirit.
    I have the link for you all to come check out our little team page if you would like.

I am thankful that I have all of you to not only share this weight loss journey with but also I have you all as my strong and amazing friends.
    Karie

That is so awesome! A great way to remember your brother. Those walks are so cool, and very emotional at times! Good luck, hope you guys have a great time!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    MY GOALS THIS WEEK ARE:

Burn at least 500 calories 6 days this week
    Stretch at the end of each workout this week

Wednesday-
    Thursday- Completed
    Friday- Completed
    Saturday- Completed
    Sunday-
    Monday-
    Tuesday-

160 bicep curls
    Thursday - 60
    Saturday - 60

100 Front Shoulder Raises
    Thursday - 25
    Saturday - 25

100 push-ups
    Thursday - 25
    Saturday - 25

100 squats
    Thursday - 25
    Saturday 25
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Here's my info. so far. I walked 4 miles this morning, but I'll be taking either another walk this evening or doing some other form of exercise.

Cardio Part 1:
    Wednesday: 368 calories burned
    Thursday: 380 calories burned
    Friday: 439 calories burned
    Saturday: No exercise

Do something different each day in addition to my regular stuff (like a different workout video, different exercises that I regularly avoid, etc.)
    Burn atleast 300 calories per day.
    Wednesday- Goal completed
    Thursday-Burned over 300 calories, but didn't do anything different
    Friday-Goal completed
    Saturday- No exercise
    Sunday-
    Monday-
    Tuesday-

200 crunches
    Wednesday- 100 crunches completed
    Thursday- 50 crunches completed
    Friday- 50 crunches completed
    *COMPLETED*

100 lunges
    Wednesday- 25 Lunges completed
    Thursday- 50 lunges completed
    Friday- 25 lunges completed
    *COMPLETED*

100 push-ups
    Wednesday- 50 push-ups completed
    Thursday- 25 push-ups completed
    Friday- 25 push-ups completed
    *COMPLETED*

200 squats
    Wednesday- 50 squats Completed
    Thursday- 50 squats completed
    Friday- 25 squats completed
    Sunday- 50 squats (to do)
    Monday-25 squats (to do)

Food: (1 point)
    Stay under Carbs atleast 4 days.
    Wednesday-Completed
    Thursday-Completed
    Friday-Completed
    Saturday-Over on carbs (by 2)
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just wanted to check-in, don't really have time to post alot, but I'm keeping up with my goals.
    Hope everyone is having a fun week-end!!
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Karie

I admire your strength & dedication, not only to yourself but to others. I wish you the best on your walk!
    Amy

p.s. Please post a picture of the t-shirt! :wink:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Su 9/11 (posted on team Black & main thread)
    CARDIO: nope; didn't make it...
    Calories Burned = 0

CARDIO Part 2:
    Goal =
    Add a minimum of a 100 calorie burn each day playing with my kids
    Burn an average of 500 calories/ day
    Go for a walk with my husband every day that he does not work (approx. 4 days)
    Completed? no

STRENGTH:
    200 sit-up's (125 completed)
    100 lunges (75 completed)
    100 push-ups (60 completed)
    200 squats (75 completed)

FOOD:
    Under Carbs? yes

Wish stress counted as a calorie burn...
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Karie

I admire your strength & dedication, not only to yourself but to others. I wish you the best on your walk!
    Amy

p.s. Please post a picture of the t-shirt! :wink:

Amy, thank you so much for your donation! I will post a picture of us with our shirts on after our walk. You are awesome and thanks again!
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    MY GOALS THIS WEEK ARE:

Burn at least 500 calories 6 days this week
    Stretch at the end of each workout this week

Wednesday-
    Thursday- Completed
    Friday- Completed
    Saturday- Completed
    Sunday-Completed
    Monday- Completed
    Tuesday-

160 bicep curls
    Thursday - 60
    Saturday - 60
    Monday - 60

100 Front Shoulder Raises
    Thursday - 25
    Saturday - 25
    Monday - 25

100 push-ups
    Thursday - 25
    Saturday - 25
    Monday - 25

100 squats
    Thursday - 25
    Saturday 25
    Monday - 25
  • circusmom
    Options
    Since I've been stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks now, so I started looking at what I could be doing differently. Well, I noticed that there are a lot of days that my calories were falling under 1200, somedays under 1000 ( not good I know!!!), not that I don't eat, I do, it just that most of the foods I eat are low carb which also usually means low cal. So, I went to the librar last week and got a couple good books, "The new rules of lifting for women", " Losing fat over forty", and a couple others. Anyways the one thing I read in all of them is I should be eating a LOT more calories, so Saturday I upped my calorie intake to 1500. I met it on Saturday, a little low on Sunday, and I should make it today. I haven't gotten on the scale since I did this, I'm waiting til our Wed weigh-in. I'm kinda freaked out!!! (and very full).
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Since I've been stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks now, so I started looking at what I could be doing differently. Well, I noticed that there are a lot of days that my calories were falling under 1200, somedays under 1000 ( not good I know!!!), not that I don't eat, I do, it just that most of the foods I eat are low carb which also usually means low cal. So, I went to the librar last week and got a couple good books, "The new rules of lifting for women", " Losing fat over forty", and a couple others. Anyways the one thing I read in all of them is I should be eating a LOT more calories, so Saturday I upped my calorie intake to 1500. I met it on Saturday, a little low on Sunday, and I should make it today. I haven't gotten on the scale since I did this, I'm waiting til our Wed weigh-in. I'm kinda freaked out!!! (and very full).

Just remember, it might take your body a bit to catch up with the new plan too.. like, a couple weeks! Give it time, and you'll be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • circusmom
    Options

Just remember, it might take your body a bit to catch up with the new plan too.. like, a couple weeks! Give it time, and you'll be fine. :flowerforyou:

God I hope not!! I'm not a patient kind of girl, but as long as I don't see a gain! That would send me off the deep end.
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Hope this works for you. I know because you are smaller it takes longer to lose weigh too. Let me know because some days I know I should be upping mine too.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options

I have found that on the days that I eat between 1350-1500 calories that I lose the weight faster. MFP set my calorie goal to 1500 and most days I have a hard time getting there, but when I do it is totally worth it on the scale.
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have a question how do you up your calories. I tried and it didn't work for me. I know I did something wrong but I just don't know what. Can someone help? Do I need to change where it says my weight loss goal or something( ie. lose 1lb a week)? I need to change my calorie intake. Thanks in advance.

Jenn