Does everyone log their food?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I just come here for the free cocaine and hookers.

What?? I didn't know that was an option. Is it free cocaine and free hookers, or is just the cocaine free. I've heard cocaine is a great diet aid.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I just come here for the free cocaine and hookers.

What?? I didn't know that was an option. Is it free cocaine and free hookers, or is just the cocaine free. I've heard cocaine is a great diet aid.

It's in the 'tools' section.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I've done both, and both worked. Right now I'm logging again after having put on 16 unwanted pounds. But I have lost 15 lbs before by just healthier eating and more exercise.

I think the trick is getting into a routine and being consistent.

Also I find I tend to eat less vegetables when I don't log - not a good thing.
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Why would MFP members not log their food? Why be on MFP if you didn't use the power of logging food... I'm missing something.

well to be fair there are some people on here who want to log their fitness as well. I know im one of them, its my record for how much i did at the gym or at kickboxing, it is after all called my fitness pal.
    Although i do log my food because I have never really looked at it before and so i want to know how on the ball i really am. Some people also lie and dont log some foods, having been sick for a week i fully understand this, i have been very tempted however i fight my internal power struggle and log them :D Its such a cool tool however i just hope some people dont get too addicted to counting calories, it worked so well my flatmate now has AN :( its all about moderation, i like the idea of not counting calories on weekends, it really helps your metabolism if you have an off day and kick it up a notch again!!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    What I like about logging is that it's training me to really look at my portion sizes. Also, the first week on here, I ate what I usually do and realized that sodium was a major problem for me. It just makes you realize the importance of changing your eating habits. I've had a few days where I didn't log anything at all, and I feel I did well. But I think the importance of weight loss is being accountable for what you eat and understanding what foods are good for you and what aren't.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say I log everything, but last night my daughter and I split an order at a Korean BBQ restaurant and I tried looking up what we ate, but some of it I wasn't sure what it was lol We split one order, didn't even eat what we had, so I decided instead of stressing over one meal, I'd just forget about logging it. I did quick add for calories and used up whatever I had left for the day. Other than that, I do log everything BUT my coffee and tea because I drink them plain so no calories.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love the joking replys they made me lol. As for logging I log everything I eat. If I didn't I wouldn't be eating enough on a regular basis and when it came to indulging in sweets and desserts I would be eating way to much. this site and logging has kept me on a more regular calorie consumption. This was my problem. Each person has their own reason for being on this site but most are here counting calories and logging because they had no idea what a normal portion was and I am no exception.
  • fitmom2000
    fitmom2000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I logged for the first few weeks on MFP. My job requires that I eat out a lot, and so logging was difficult. I stopped logging, and I am still losing but definitely slower than I lost when I was logging. For me the fact that I can continue to lose without logging means that I actually really can do this and sustain it for a lifetime, but it will take me twice as long to get to goal as it would if I was sticking to the logging.
  • Elanesse100
    Elanesse100 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't log my food at all. I use MFP for the Weigh In to track my weight loss and I like to read the message boards.

I follow P90X's Nutrition Plan pretty closely. Sometimes I skimp on the veggies, and I know I do. I don't need a calculator to tell me I didn't get enough. But mostly I try to eat all of them. Eating enough protein isn't a problem for me (Big meat lover). I just have to choose not to eat fried foods and stick with healthier meats like pork, chicken, and turkey instead of beef.

I've consistently lost weight without logging.
  • MandyCanDo
    MandyCanDo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am sure lots of people don't log and are successful. I, on the other hand, have finally learned that is what I NEED to do to accomplish my goals. I faithfully use the diary and a HRM so I always know calories in and calories out as well as what I need to do if I want to splurge.

I hope you find what works for you-good luck!!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I log nothing.
  • RatBoyGL
    Options
    Why would MFP members not log their food? Why be on MFP if you didn't use the power of logging food... I'm missing something.

1) To get tips and tricks from the forum.

2) To find new recipes.

3) To use the BMI and BMR calculators.

4) To enter my weigh in numbers.

5) To talk to friends.

That is why I come here. MFP is a lot more than just a food logging site.

I logged every single thing down to a breath mint for 6 straight months and now I am taking the approach of just making healthy choices. I found that after 6 months I kind of know what I can and can't eat and how much of it I can eat.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options

1) To get tips and tricks from the forum.

2) To find new recipes.

3) To use the BMI and BMR calculators.

4) To enter my weigh in numbers.

5) To talk to friends.

That is why I come here. MFP is a lot more than just a food logging site.

I logged every single thing down to a breath mint for 6 straight months and now I am taking the approach of just making healthy choices. I found that after 6 months I kind of know what I can and can't eat and how much of it I can eat.

I agree with you.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Wow! I appreciate all the feedback. I KNOW I need to make a change now. I'm going to be 38 in February and I am always stressing about my weight. I'm a very outgoing person, but lately I don't know who I am. Just feeling very down. It makes me mad that I have let myself get to this point. It is very hard to get motivated. Thanks again for all the suggestions!:happy:

Sorry to hear you are feeling low. You will always find plenty of support around here, so just ask. If you want another friend, please add me. :flowerforyou:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I log everything faithfully and monitor my macronutrient and micronutrient intake in addition to Net Calories. My son just estimates each meal's calories and quick adds those totals + his exercise, and my daughter uses it only to track her weight changes. We all find it a useful tool for our personal situations.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Wow! I appreciate all the feedback. I KNOW I need to make a change now. I'm going to be 38 in February and I am always stressing about my weight. I'm a very outgoing person, but lately I don't know who I am. Just feeling very down. It makes me mad that I have let myself get to this point. It is very hard to get motivated. Thanks again for all the suggestions!:happy:

Well, you certainly got an amazing response! Sorry to hear you have been feeling down; you will always get a lot of support around here, so just ask. And if you want another friend, I would be honoured if you chose to friends me. :smile:
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat and for me it works. I use it more so as a way to re-learn the right portion sizes and to see where I over do it.
  • aceofspudz
    Options
    Logging is empowering. With logging, there are no worries; you know you will lose weight if you just keep your calories down, no matter what the scale says on a day to day (or even week to week) basis.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I very rarely log my food. It's kinda annoying imo. Plus I don't wear a HRM. So my burned calories aren't dead on anyways. Which messes with the numbers. I just eat healthy and workout everyday.
  • leelee_1974
    Options
    I've been inconsistent so far but if I commit to logging I find I'm less likely to go over the top with chocolate, cake, cheese, wine etc etc. I've never kept any kind of diary and logging everything makes me feel a bit obsessed. I'm getting used to it though, and like it that it forces me to be honest with myself. I can imagine it will be even more useful once I've reached my weight loss goal as in the past that's when I relax and think I can eat and drink what I like, ending up back at square one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!