Round 3, Fit-n-Trim to Win (closed group)

Options

Replies

• irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    IMG_4157.jpg

Not a huge loss this week, but I'm ok with that since it's still way better than it was 2 days ago. TOM is my worst enemy this weigh in!! :frown:

I ate lunch for b-fast today which had no vegies or fruit!! So I decided when I come back today from school, I will eat bfast for lunch and make myself a yummy omlette full of vegies. Yum! Having, corn, roast and potatoes for supper. However, I think corn is a pretty crappy vegie IMO. LOL.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Good job Irish!

And yes corn is a crappy veg- it's a starch. I tend to shake my head when people eat mashed potatoes with a side of corn (normally with something fried eh!?) However they are my favorite topper on my bread during Turkey Day lol.

Good switcharoo with breakfast and lunch! I could eat breakfast every meal!!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    2011-09-21_08-17-36_203.jpg

It's a loss! A tiny loss, but still a loss. Whoohooo!!!

So my fruits/veggies today will be onion, yellow pepper, orange pepper, red pepper and mango. I have mango salsa fajitas leftovers.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Heather, I know you were worried about a gain...so, a loss is good...remember, that you can post another weight later if you decide to try for a better number.
  • RonBo123
    RonBo123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bumping....
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    weight2.JPG
    Here is mine for today!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Weight9-21.jpg

Down .2lbs. :ohwell: I'll take any loss at this point. My hopes of being the hare have gone out the window. I'm embracing my inner tortoise and enjoying any loss I can get.

Fruits & Veggies for the day:
    Kiwi for breakfast
    Banana in post-workout protein shake
    Lettuce, onions, green peppers, pickles (don't judge me!), tomatoes, banana peppers on my Subway sub for lunch
    Apple & maybe fresh pineapple mid-afternoon
    Tomatoes, onions, spinach, garlic, green peppers on my veggie pizza tonight
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Connie-4.jpg

Down .2 lbs. A loss is a loss, right? Geesh!
    OK, so I WILL go to the grocery store today and buy some veggies. Y'all are making me crave them! Thank you for giving me a healthy craving - for once! :ohwell:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Okay, my veggies yesterday were:
    zucchini, squash, potatoes, tomatoes, bell pepper, and carrots (in my soup...I'm going to post the recipe here.) Oh, I had mushrooms, red pepper, spinach, cabbage, and strawberries too.

Today:
    Fruits--apricots and raspberries in my oatmeal
    Veggies--carrots, celery, spinach, red pepper, mushrooms in my salad and soup

I'll weigh and post later...I'm watching my students perform skits using their vocabulary words...

Here's the soup recipe. It's soooooooo good and full of veggies. My husband said that if he had to choose just 5 foods to eat for the rest of his life, this would be one of them.

Veggie Tortilla Soup
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    3 tablespoons minced garlic
    1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
    1 28-oz can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped (I get the no-salt-added variety or I use fresh tomatoes and saute with the onions, etc.)
    1 14.5-oz can crushed tomatoes
    4 teaspoons cumin
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    Dashes of cayenne, salt, and black pepper <--you can leave out any of these
    2 14.5-oz cans fat-free chicken broth
    2 14-oz cans veggie broth
    2 bay leaves <--can totally be left out
    1 zucchini, sliced into half-moons
    1 squash, sliced into half-moons
    2 carrots, chopped into rounds
    1 large or 2 smallish baking potatoes, cubed

Toss the onion, bell pepp, garlic, and green chilies into some EVOO over low/med heat until tender.
    Add the liquids and spices. Add the veggies. Bring to a boil.
    Turn down heat and let it simmer (I enjoy a "violent simmer" here) until the veggies are at desired tenderness. ETA: about 15-20 minutes. **I like to add shredded chicken. Sometimes I poach and shred. Sometimes I buy rotisserie and shred. But it's good vegetarian too.**

^this^ is not my recipe, it's from a parenting board I belong to and it won a recipe contest as voted on my members. :laugh:
    If any of you are interested, the recipe and about a million others are on a blog that I co-moderate: www.itsdinnertime.blogspot.com
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Blargh. Only .2 from last week.

DSCN0219.jpg
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Great job Anne!!

April I'm drooling over your hummus recipe- *yoink* that's me stealin! lol I just bought some chickpeas for such a recipe- however I think I'm gonna make my garam masala one.

Uggghhh instead of having a nice easy time doing my weigh in- I'm stuck starting errands early.. off for a new scale, get a medal tag out of my new shirt (way to go cashier!) followed by grocery shopping. Gotta behave through lunch- Mexican with the pops.

Go Scale Smashers- I'm gonna go smash mine for real! :devil:
    Uhh ohhh...Mexican food bad!!! I'd weigh in first if I were you.... even if that means taking that new scale into the bathroom before you eat. Ooohh that's scary! And Kim is so right... check out that scale first. We had someone quit last round cause her scale bit the dust and her new one put her up quite a few lbs.

P.S. That's really $hitty bout the shirt... hate it when that happens!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Good job Irish!

And yes corn is a crappy veg- it's a starch. I tend to shake my head when people eat mashed potatoes with a side of corn (normally with something fried eh!?) However they are my favorite topper on my bread during Turkey Day lol.

Lol, my husband wants corn and mashed potatoes with EVERYTHING! He does prefer BBQ'd over fried anything though so thats a plus:wink:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    2011-09-21_08-17-36_203.jpg

It's a loss! A tiny loss, but still a loss. Whoohooo!!!

So my fruits/veggies today will be onion, yellow pepper, orange pepper, red pepper and mango. I have mango salsa fajitas leftovers.
    Mmmm... i've always wanted to to try mango salsa but my family isn't big mango fans. Sounds so yummy though!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    what's up with all the .2's this week??
    81beaa0f.jpg

no fruits or vegtables for breakfast, for lunch I had one of Wendy's new Asian Firecracker chicken salads (not bad, not sure of the calorie count yet though) which is 2 F/V and don't know what's for dinner.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    JamiePhoto.jpg

Jamie down 1.4 lbs

P1020525.jpg

Kim down 2.0 lbs

P1020526.jpg

Ron down 0.8 lbs

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am aware of Jamiejum not having the code word and date on/near the scale. Jamie is my sister and she send me the picture via email. I called to tell her that she puts me in a difficult situation by NOT following the rules. She then tells me that is in the airport right now and there is no way for her to weigh in with the word. I guess I have to believe her. But, that's it, no more!!! LOL
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    2011-09-21_09-59-53_572.jpg

Okay, Try #2! Still just a little loss, but I broke out of the .2 spot.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK, Heather, I've updated your weight...every little bit helps!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    110921_003.jpg
    Not as big as I was hoping for but I feel really good about this week and am happy with my 1.2 loss!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Good lord!!! I either get extremely small or massively huge pics! I'm tired of F'n with it though so this is what were going with. Ya'll like my purple blister on the tip of my toe??? I think I need new shoes but the kids come first.. I've got two down and two more to go then I can get some nice running shoes. The compromises of being a mom:ohwell: :heart:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Good job Irish!

Lol, my husband wants corn and mashed potatoes with EVERYTHING! He does prefer BBQ'd over fried anything though so thats a plus:wink:

I'm with 'em- we'll fire up the grill in the dead of winter up here!!

Kim nice loss! lucky ducky... I'm keepin yall waiting lol- I just keep weighing and hoping- I'm at the peak of that evil *kitten* TOM