"Rude" California peeps

Options
13»

Replies

• kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Just remembered that sarcasm is hard to convey on the internet.The tail end of my post was supposed to be a bit tongue-in-cheek...any area that has a large population will have a larger number of jerks...it's in the math! I definitely don't think that my sample size of three accurately represents the whole state. :wink:

Apparently, EVERYTHING is better in California! Every day, there's something to gripe about that is better in California.

this sounds like most people ive met who are from New York............................. just sayin

I don't know anyone from New York, so I can't comment. But I have met a lot of people from Toronto like that as well. And, being from a small town and living in Vancouver...people are like that here in Vancouver, too. Snobbery exists everywhere!
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    I've never heard of Californians being rude -- if anyone has that reputation, it's New Yorkers (city).
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    I don't think we're "rude", some of us just.. How do I say it nicely... Don't know how to think before we talk. You know?

I spent most of my life in the little (not so little anymore) town of Tracy... I think the town was amazing and friendly. Now that I live in the Bay Area... I've come across loud, outspoken people. And I must say that I am now one of those people! HAHA
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Having moved to the South from California, i can say maybe we do appear rude and overbearing. You see - with me, you know where you stand. I'm honest. I'll tell you what I think (no holds barred). I don't say one thing to your face, then turn around and do something else. I'd rather you hate me for being honest than lie to you. I won't pretend to be your best friend, then turn and talk behind your back. I won't say something mean and in the same breath say "bless your heart." If I like you, I like you. If I don't, then I just won't deal with you (but I will be cordial). If that's rude, then consider me a barbarian.

**oh yes... and I'm also missing that filter between my brain and my mouth. (per the post before this)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am the sweetest Cali girl you will ever meet lol
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I moved from a larger city to a small one and people here said I seem like someone from california, I'm not sure what that means. Another friend who moved here from the same area gets that a lot too. I take it as a complement since this is a more of a hick town
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I am the sweetest Cali girl you will ever meet lol

Yep, she is!:wink:
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I was just visiting San Francisco from Colorado. We were eating at a little cafe where you ordered at the counter, and they brought you your food. At the end of the meal, I asked one of the employees where to put our dishes. She laughed and said, "Oh you're so cute. You're the first person to ever ask that." In Colorado, it is not uncommon to bus your own dishes at cafes and coffee shops. That said, I don't think Californians are "rude". However, what I have always thought is Californians are pretty fast paced and busy, much unlike Colorado. I attribute this to the expensive cost of living, and the need to work hard for the money. There is less time for the random conversation with a stranger or busing one's own table. Just my opinion.

Haha, I *totally* would have assumed, and asked, the same thing about the dishes! MUST be a Colorado thing!

I live in San Francisco right now and there are plenty of places where you bus your own dishes.

Well, I'm in trouble because I live in Colorado and don't recall having ever bussed my own dishes. Oops.
  • Only if you get in the way of someone that obviously feels more important than you. Otherwise, we're nice...just busy :-P (Los Angeles)
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don't think we're "rude", some of us just.. How do I say it nicely... Don't know how to think before we talk. You know?

I spent most of my life in the little (not so little anymore) town of Tracy... I think the town was amazing and friendly. Now that I live in the Bay Area... I've come across loud, outspoken people. And I must say that I am now one of those people! HAHA

I'm from Stockton! I like the Bay Area....I used to hang out in San Jo back in the day! Now you find me in the City.
  • paulahhhh
    Options

I'm from Stockton! I like the Bay Area....I used to hang out in San Jo back in the day! Now you find me in the City.

I had a feeling that your "209" stood for the SJ valley!! I miss it! I rarely go back b/c I'm in school during the week & have family functions on the weekend or stranded with homework. LOL
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Ha ha Small world! I am in Stockton also! Great place & close to everything fun lol ;)