End of Summer Challenge

Options
Hello!

I am soliciting interest for a NEW challenge that would run Monday, Sept 12th - Friday, Sept 30th (19 days). I have been struggling to stay focused and have NOT been doing the right thing food/activity-wise. BUT, I would love to ring out summer the right way and move the dial on the scale a little bit more.

The premise would be that ALL participants are responsible to come up with a portion of the challenge. Depending on the number of participants, we would each be responsible to come up with a challenge activity that would run a day or two. Everyone could send me their ideas/challenges, and I could post them to the thread to reduce confusion. That way, we'd all have a piece of the challenge - and the organization wouldn't fall on any one person. AND if you've never run or participated in a challenge, it's a great chance to get your feet wet.

For example: If we have 19 participants, each person would send me 1 challenge. On the day your challenge was running, you could post any motivational tidbits or extra info. So, Day 1 we'd do Mrs. X's challenge: burn 350 calories. Day 2, we'd do Mr. M's challenge: Log ALL your food. And so on and so forth. If I received lots of the same challenges, we could either do some repeats or I could supplement with other ideas.

We could report weight loss on the thread along the way, and generally provide support and encouragement.

If there is enough interest, I will post additional information over the weekend. If there isn't enough interest, I'll post a "Maybe next time" post to let folks know we're not moving it forward.

Thanks for considering.

Replies

• jsmith81515
    jsmith81515 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like your idea! :) Sign me up!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Im interested...
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this! Count me in!
  • MissKash
    Options
    I'm in.
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've never done challenges before, but sign me in!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    GREAT! Sounds like we will have enough folks to give it a go, and it's still open for people who are interested.

Right now, we're at 6 potential participants, so beging thinking about at least 2 challenges you would like to submit to me in email.

I will post more information tonight and tomorrow - and we'll kick this off on Monday. GO US!
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm in. Great idea!!
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Woot woot can't wait to get started!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Okay, Ladies - it looks like there are going to be six of us. So, if you haven't already - please email me at least 3 one-day challenge ideas. I will compile them and post to this thread.

Don't forget, we'll start on MONDAY. Before then, please feel free to post and introduce yourself by name to everyone and identify what you'd like to get out of this challenge.

I'll start - I'm Dee, D. for short. And for this 19 day challenge, I'd like to focus and lose at least 5 pounds. I'm also hoping to restart my enthusiasm for this whole healthy lifestyle thing... it seems to have eluded me for a few weeks.

Can't wait to hear from each of you!
    D.
  • MissKash
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sher. For, this 19 day challenge, my goal is to actively participate from start to finish in healthy living. I have heard that if you do something for 21 days, it becomes a habit. I'm not sure how true that is, but if it is true, 19 days of healthy living would be an awesome start. Also, dropping a few pounds in the process would be even sweeter.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!!! Please send me your 3 ideas for Challenges TONIGHT so we can add them to our routines. Once received, I will repost this list with all the dates/activities filled in.

I thought I’d post what I have so far so you can plan ahead, and I’ll also post reminders for the challenges. I really would love for this to be interactive, so be sure to post your experiences, ideas, and additional information. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Monday 9-12: Try an exercise today that you don’t normally do. (Miss Kash)

Tuesday 9-13: Write down (and post here if you’re brave) TEN things you love about yourself.

Wednesday 9-14

Thursday 9-15: Eat 4 servings of fruit and/or vegetables (Miss Kash)

Friday 9-16

Saturday 9-17: Get in 4 miles of exercise running, jogging, elliptical, stairs, bike, etc. (LoveMe445)

Sunday 9-18: Eat NO PROCESSED foods today. If you don’t know what all the ingredients are, put it down! (MochaMixAz)

Monday 9-19: Burn 450 calories today (Miss Kash)

Tuesday 9-20

Wednesday 9-21

Thursday 9-22 Get 25 grams of fiber (LoveMe445)

Friday 9-23

Saturday 9-24: Drink 80 oz. of water today (Miss Kash and LoveMe445)

Sunday 9-25: Get moving – and stay moving for at least 50 consecutive minutes today. (MochaMixAz)

Monday 9-26

Tuesday 9-27

Wednesday 9-28

Thursday 9-29

Friday 9-30: Post your results.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    What happened to all my Challengers?!?!?! Where are ya?? (Do we have enough participants to continue? We need to fill in those open days!)

Here was our challenge for today: Monday 9-12: Try an exercise today that you don’t normally do. (Miss Kash)

I did squat jacks... and I can already tell I'm going to feel this tomorrow.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Results for Monday 9-12: Try an exercise today that you don’t normally do. (Miss Kash)

~Went on a walking trail that had various equipments. I tried to do a pull-up but failed :grumble: and I tried this ab machine that works on your obliques and I love it :smile: (dont know the name of the machine)
  • MissKash
    Options
    Ok end of summer challengers, today I got on the stair climber and did 8 floors. This is normally a machine that I avoid. Also, I did some strength training. I can't remember all the names of the machines, but I did some that work the arms and some that work the legs. I usually do all cardio when I work out. I need to start adding some variations to my routines. It was fun.

Sn, sorry such a late post.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Added a few challenges. If you haven't sent in yours, please do so as soon as you can so we can include. Thank you!

Tuesday 9-13: Write down (and post here if you’re brave) TEN things you love about yourself. (MochaMixAZ)

Wednesday 9-14: Read all ingredients for every food going into your mouth today. Avoid MSG, aspartame, and high fructose corn syrup. (jengurule)

Thursday 9-15: Eat 4 servings of fruit and/or vegetables (Miss Kash)

Friday 9-16: Dance. For 15 minutes. Grab someone or go solo. (MochaMixAZ FILLER UNTIL OUR OTHER PARTICIPANTS PROVIDE CHALLENGES)

Saturday 9-17: Get in 4 miles of exercise running, jogging, elliptical, stairs, bike, etc. (LoveMe445)

Sunday 9-18: Eat NO PROCESSED foods today. If you don’t know what all the ingredients are, put it down! (MochaMixAz)

Monday 9-19: Burn 450 calories today (Miss Kash)

Tuesday 9-20: Go to sleep one hour earlier than usual. (jengurule)

Wednesday 9-21: Write down (and post if you’d like) FOUR reasons you are getting and staying healthy. (MochaMixAZ FILLER UNTIL OUR OTHER PARTICIPANTS PROVIDE CHALLENGES)

Thursday 9-22 Get 25 grams of fiber (LoveMe445)

Friday 9-23

Saturday 9-24: Drink 80 oz. of water today (Miss Kash and LoveMe445)

Sunday 9-25: Get moving – and stay moving for at least 50 consecutive minutes today. (MochaMixAz)

Monday 9-26

Tuesday 9-27

Wednesday 9-28

Thursday 9-29: Eat (not drink or in a supplement) 25 grams of fiber (jengurule)

Friday 9-30: Post your results.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Results for Monday 9-12: Try an exercise today that you don’t normally do. (Miss Kash)

~Went on a walking trail that had various equipments. I tried to do a pull-up but failed :grumble: and I tried this ab machine that works on your obliques and I love it :smile: (dont know the name of the machine)

AWESOME!!!!! You didn't fail in my estimation!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Ok end of summer challengers, today I got on the stair climber and did 8 floors. This is normally a machine that I avoid. Also, I did some strength training. I can't remember all the names of the machines, but I did some that work the arms and some that work the legs. I usually do all cardio when I work out. I need to start adding some variations to my routines. It was fun.

Sn, sorry such a late post.

WOO HOO!!!! Great!!!!!!
  • MissKash
    Options
    Ok challengers, I was able to come up with ten things that I love about myself. The sad part is that this challenge was harder than I expected. It took me longer than I expected to complete it. I won't post all 10, but I will post some. I love: 1. My brown eyes 2. My smile 3. My stability (generally speaking) 4. My calm and laid back personality 5. My attention to details.
    Todays challenge made me think.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    It's amazing how hard it IS, huh? Great things to love, MissKash!!

Why is it so hard to be positive about ourselves? Here is my list, after much thought:
    - I've got amazing organizational skills
    - I'm a good friend and very dependable/loyal to those to whom I commit
    - I have great cleavage
    - I've got a great eye for color and design
    - I'm a sensational home cook
    - I am thankful and give something back to the world as often as I can
    - What I like in wisdom, I make up for in enthusiasm
    - I've got a good sense of humor, especially about myself
    - I have gotten much better at setting boundaries, saying no, and not allowing fear to stop me
    - I'm an optimistic realist that can usually find something good in all situations
  • MissKash
    Options
    You did great Dee, and I love your use of adjectives!!!