End of Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Weird - I don't have edit or delete ability for my post!!

That SHOULD have read "What I LACK in wisdom, I make up for in enthusiasm!"
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I agree, this was a tough one (so sad)

Here are a couple things that I love about myself:
    ~Im a wife & mother
    ~My smile
    ~My family & friends are top priorities in my life
    ~Im caring
    ~Im loyal to family & friends
    ~Im Organized
    ~I completed college
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Ok, MissK and loveme... it looks like we may be the only challengers here, but let's keep it going!!!! You're both doing great!! (AND anyone else who was interested, just join in with us! You can catch up!!)

Here's our goals for the rest of the week:

Wednesday 9-14: Read all ingredients for every food going into your mouth today. Avoid MSG, aspartame, and high fructose corn syrup. (jengurule)

Thursday 9-15: Eat 4 servings of fruit and/or vegetables (Miss Kash)

Friday 9-16: Dance. For 15 minutes. Grab someone or go solo.
  • MissKash
    Options
    Ok EOS challengers, I have done well at staying away from msg and aspartame. Yet, I didn't do well with the high fructose corn syrup. It was in the jelly that I ate this am. I thought about it hours after I squeezed out of the packet. Oops!!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Correction to previous post, I graduated from college. I guess that's what happens when you're half asleep LOL....

Well, I didnt do too well with this challenge. Forgot to look at the ingredients on most of the things I ate today :grumble:
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    I did terribly on today's challenge - so I'm going to try to add it to tomorrow's. So, tomorrow I'm going to know everything that goes in my mouth AND eat 4 servings of fruits and veggies.

Hope everyone can keep it up, too!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Results for Thursday 9-15: Eat 4 servings of fruit and/or vegetables (Miss Kash) :

Had 5 Servings of fruits and veggies
  • MissKash
    Options
    Today, I had four servings of fruit and one serving of vegetables. Yay!!!
    BTW, Wtg loveme445!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Awesome job, ladies!!!

I *failed* on my ability to avoid processed stuff..... BUT I did have SIX.... count them... SIX servings of fruits and veggies today!!!!!

Let's keep this going!!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Results for Friday 9-16: Dance. For 15 minutes. Grab someone or go solo. (MochaMixAZ FILLER UNTIL OUR OTHER PARTICIPANTS PROVIDE CHALLENGES)

Played my Zumba & Just Dance 2 Wii games tonight for about 2 hrs
  • MissKash
    Options
    Ok ladies, I have gotten off track of the challenge. I just noticed that we were supposed to dance for 15 minutes on Friday. When I looked back, I looked at the list that had no challenge for Friday. On today, I did walk two miles in a walk for diabetes. I know that is two miles short. So, I have a lot of making up to do on tomorrow. I will get my other two miles in, I will dance for 15 minutes and will stay away from processed food. Tomorrow will be a major challenge for me.
  • loveme445
    Options
    @MissKash-I almost missed the challenge to until I scrolled through all the pages. Im nervous about tomorrow, I dont know about the no processed food. Im going to try my best.

@Dee-Hope you're still sticking to the challenge.

Anyone-Do you have a list for foods that are not processed? Thanks! Hope your having a great weekend!

Results for Sat, 9/17 4 miles of exercise:

Did 7 miles of Jogging/Walking Intervals
  • MissKash
    Options
    @loveme445, I'm nervous about today challenge as well. You rocked the last two though!! WTG!!! I Googled processed foods and this is what one site said.
    1. Canned foods with large amounts of sodium or fat
    2. Bread and pasta made with refined white flour instead of whole grains
    3. Packaged high calorie snack foods such as chips and candies
    4. Frozen fish sticks and frozen dinners that are high in fat and sodium.
    5. Sugar breakfast cereals
    6. Processed meat such as bologna, hot dogs, sausage, ham, and other packaged lunch meat.

So, I guess that's pretty much all things that are tasty, lol. This should be interesting.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in posting, busy weekend!!

For non-processed foods, just think "next to nature." All fruits, vegetables, whole grains (oats, whole wheat), nuts, lean meats, etc. If it's not from a package, it's likely unprocessed.

So, that means avoiding Lean Cuisines, Splenda, white breads and rolls, etc.

It's a TOUGH one... for sure!
    @MissKash-I almost missed the challenge to until I scrolled through all the pages. Im nervous about tomorrow, I dont know about the no processed food. Im going to try my best.

@Dee-Hope you're still sticking to the challenge.

Anyone-Do you have a list for foods that are not processed? Thanks! Hope your having a great weekend!

Results for Sat, 9/17 4 miles of exercise:

Did 7 miles of Jogging/Walking Intervals
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    I'm really doing poorly on these challenges, myself! BUT - at least it's getting me thinking about it and more aware, so I'll take that for now.

Friday 9-16: Dance. DONE!!! Did it on Saturday, tho... but it was fun!

Saturday 9-17: Get in 4 miles of exercise running, jogging, elliptical, stairs, bike, etc. I went 2.2 in the morning, and got in another mile that evening. So, I was short of the goal.....

Sunday 9-18: Eat NO PROCESSED foods today. This is one of my favorite challenges, and the hardest. I had a bagel this morning, so I did NOT make it today. However, I'm going to try and do it tomorrow.... although at work is always really tough.

And looking ahead to Monday 9-19: Burn 450 calories today (Miss Kash). How are YOU going to get your burn on?? I'm planning on two walks - one in the morning and one at night... but I will still need to do something else to get my burn up to this. Maybe some wii.
  • MissKash
    Options
    ok challengers, today i got in a 3.6 mile walk to make up for two miles that i didnt get done with on yesterday. I also attempted to day for 15 minutes, but after two minutes, i decided that i needed some guidance. so, i put on kathy smiths latin rhythms dvd to finish my 15 minutes of dance. i am not a dancer at all. as far as the no processed food is concerned, lets just say that i did not do well. i had white bread, white rice, and white sugar. so i get a sad face for that.

as for tomorrow, i plan to do some elliptical and walking to get my calorie burn.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    ok challengers, today i got in a 3.6 mile walk to make up for two miles that i didnt get done with on yesterday. I also attempted to day for 15 minutes, but after two minutes, i decided that i needed some guidance. so, i put on kathy smiths latin rhythms dvd to finish my 15 minutes of dance. i am not a dancer at all. as far as the no processed food is concerned, lets just say that i did not do well. i had white bread, white rice, and white sugar. so i get a sad face for that.

as for tomorrow, i plan to do some elliptical and walking to get my calorie burn.

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!! Great job getting moving!!!!
  • loveme445
    Options
    @Dee-Good Job sticking with the challenges. Good Luck tomorrow!
    @MissKash-Thanks for the info! Congrats on getting your workout in.

Results for Sun, no processed food:

Ok, this was a tough challenge! I'm glad this was only for one day because I dont know if I could survive another day :noway:

I know my day wasnt perfect but I did my best :smile:

Breakfast: Grilled Chicken Breast, Egg Whites & Wheat Toast
    Snacks (I had a late breakfast so skipped lunch and just had snacks): pistachios, nectarine, carrots & banana
    Dinner: Pork chop, brown rice & corn

Well, the good thing is I was able to stay under cals without exercise today. :bigsmile: I think the no processed food contributed to that

As far as my workout tomorrow, I'll probably do jogging/walking intervals
  • MissKash
    Options
    Happy Monday challengers!! Its gonna be a long and busy Monday. So i tried to get my calorie burn in early. So far, I have burned 453 calories on the elliptical. If I get the opportunity, I will try to burn a few more. Good luck ladies.

@love445. I would say you rocked the no processed food challenge.!!! Woo-hoo!!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Hello, my two faithful Challengers!

I'm struggling to get in that 450 calories, but I'm going to keep at it!! I've got hours to go yet today!

For tomorrow, we're supposed to go to sleep an hour earlier than usual. That sounds LOVELY! Almost impossible, but sounds GREAT if I can swing it!!!!

Looking ahead, we have a few gaps in our schedule because some of our challengers dropped out. If you're up for it, dream up a couple more challenges and email them to me and I will post an update. Let's try to keep it going! I may not be hitting every challenge, but focusing on it and trying is definitely helping me out. I hope you're also finding it useful!