I dont eat my exercise calories...

Options
124»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Neither do I, unless I'm feeling hungry. If I'm not, I won't eat.

Me too. There is no point in eating when I am not hungry. In fact the other night I did a workout then had dinner shortly after. I was so stuffed after dinner that I couldn't eat the snacks I had planned to in the evening, thus making me way under my calorie goal. There was NO WAY I was going to force more food down me just to meet a number.

I totally agree with you on that! That's my issue sometimes...If I am x amount of calories short...I'm not going to sit there and eat x amount of calories when I am already full from dinner/snack or whatever. That's what I used to do, and I don't want to go back to it. If I am not hungry, I am not going to eat! I'm not starving myself, I am having success doing what I am doing and i have seen a lot of people on here and in previous threads saying that they don't eat their calories and they're maintaining, or still losing. So I am going to keep doing what I am doing and if something stops working, i will change it...gradually.

These are the problems you don't run into if you preplan your calories and exercise or using the katch mcardle formula to figure out your TDEE. There are several ways to formulate your caloric needs without having to look at your calories at 9pm and so OMG I am really short.

Plain and simple, yes you can lose weight on huge deficit, how else do you think people with eating disorders do it? The biggest question is why would you want to live off of 1200 calories when you can eat 2000 calories and still lose weight? Do you know the benefits of being able to eat 2000 calories and still losing weight vs only eating 1200 and trying for the same thing? The answer is simple, when you do have a bad day, you don't gain weight.

Most importantly, the biggest benefit of eating enough calories, when you lose weight, you dont lose muscle. Huge deficits will decrease muscle mass because there isn't enough calories to sustain growth or maintain size. The more LBM you have, the more calories your body needs, the more calories you will need and the better nurished your body will be. Heck, how many nutrients do you think you can get when you only eat 1200 calories?