P90X

Options

Replies

• kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I finally got an email stating my order shipped today! Hopefully I'll be on the program by the end of the week. Started back with the 4-5 mile runs and just got back from the gym trying to wake some sleepy muscles and may be not be so sore when I start. Trying to do alot of pushup, pullup, and abdominal type exercises anxiously awaiting whats coming. Best of luck to you guys, you're definitely very inspiring!

One thing I've found on this website is trying to watch what I eat. I've switched over to lots of poultry and fresh vegetables with no junk food, but the workouts are making it IMPOSSIBLE to consume the recommended 1700 net calories. Is this bad or what? After a 5 mile run and afternoon walking 18 holes of golf yesterday, I had burned over 2000 calories that I was supposed to eat and replace. That's impossible without eating alot of junk. What do you guys think, am I looking at this wrong?:ohwell:

I'm using a heart rate monitor which is calibrated to my weight to get the calories burned. I've also used my calibrated Nike+ ipod to ensure the counts are accurate and they are close enough that it's easy to see I should look like a horse if I eat what they recommend. I presently have my goal of loosing one pound a week. I just don't want to burn muscle instead of that disgusting fat!

I'm struggling with you here...based on my weight (240lbs) and activity level with P90X, I should be consuming 3400 total calories per day! I can do it if I'm eating Oreos and Root Beer floats, but it is hard to get that many calories and maintain the 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat balance that the P90X nutrition plan calls for. How many chicken breasts can I eat, for crying out loud?!

Hopefully you haven't been reading this thinking I have an answer. I have none. Anyone have suggestions?

Btw, fair warning...on day 2, PlyoX is not your friend. :sick:

Hey there...I'm with you on the whole "eating" thing! I'm supposed to be consuming 3060 calories a day! With a lot of research and playing with the numbers here on this website, I was able to come up with a meal "plan". If you'd like to email me, I'd be happy to share it with anyone who's interested...

-Kenewayne
  • kenewayne
    Options
    Hey fellow "X-er's"! I'm on day 2 of Pahse I....Plyometrics? O-U-C-H! I'm looking for some help with the diet...I am trying to follow the Nutrition guide that came with the P90X program, which basically says that Phase I (Fat Shredder) of the diet calls for 50% Protien, 30% Carbs, 20% Fat. I used a calculator to figure out the actual grams of each I'm allowed (from freedieting.com), and then started manipulating my diet here on myfitnesspal...All of my food is pretty clean, with the exception of 2 cups of coffee with a tablespoon of flavored Coffee Mate creamer. Is there anyone who could give me some input/advice into this diet? Thanks in advance for ANY help/guidance...

Kenewayne

Good for you! PlyoX... the Mother of all workouts! Do you know what level you should be eating? Basically just stick to the guidelines, it pretty much spells out for you how many carbs/ protein/ dairy/ fat/ etc that you should be eating. Feel free to ask if you have any questions or shoot me an email!

Jess

Thanks Jess....I'm going to try emailing you!
  • geo1177
    geo1177 Posts: 32
    Options
    I recently received my P90X and I'm planning my nutrition plan. I'm starting tomorrow. Anybody have any tips with the goal calculator as far as integrating your p90x nutrition plan? Thanks
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jess....I'm going to try emailing you!

Please do! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I recently received my P90X and I'm planning my nutrition plan. I'm starting tomorrow. Anybody have any tips with the goal calculator as far as integrating your p90x nutrition plan? Thanks

When I was first using P90X I was not using MFP. It should be pretty easy to use to track though, the average P90X workout according to the guideline should burn around 600 cals. This will vary though depending on how much weight you have to lose, what workout (Plyo will burn a LOT!).

Make sure to take your before (and good-bye!) pictures and get ready to be SORE that first couple weeks! :laugh:

Jess
  • vantic
    vantic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Week 1 of Phase two here. You think the first week kicks you.....phew.. :) Good luck and stick with it.

110194.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Week 1 of Phase two here. You think the first week kicks you.....phew.. :) Good luck and stick with it.

Oh, yeah, and then you hit week 5. Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps... OUCH!! :laugh:
  • geo1177
    Options

When I was first using P90X I was not using MFP. It should be pretty easy to use to track though, the average P90X workout according to the guideline should burn around 600 cals. This will vary though depending on how much weight you have to lose, what workout (Plyo will burn a LOT!).

Make sure to take your before (and good-bye!) pictures and get ready to be SORE that first couple weeks! :laugh:

Jess
    Thanks Jess. I'm really X-cited! :bigsmile:
  • kenewayne
    Options

Jess

Hey geo...check out freedieting.com! Click on the "calculator" tab, and check out the "macro nutrient calculator". This really helped me with planning out my meals here on MFP. I took my caloric needs from the P90X program (Phase I presently), and plugged everything in. It told me how many calories, how much protien, carbs, and fat i needed throughout the day....let me know if you need help! Good luck! BRING IT!

-Kenewayne
  • geo1177
    Options

Jess

Hey geo...check out freedieting.com! Click on the "calculator" tab, and check out the "macro nutrient calculator". This really helped me with planning out my meals here on MFP. I took my caloric needs from the P90X program (Phase I presently), and plugged everything in. It told me how many calories, how much protien, carbs, and fat i needed throughout the day....let me know if you need help! Good luck! BRING IT!

-Kenewayne
    Thanks a million Kenewayne! I'll check it out right now.
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    any idea on how to log p90x in under exercise? should i log each exercise?
  • kenewayne
    Options

I actually took the "lazy" way out, and ordered a spreadsheet that I bought off ebay. I was scared to see what I actually got for $10, as far as a spreadsheet goes...but BOY did I get so much more that I bargained for. It will track EVERYTHING for you! I ended up printing off the workouts, so I can track everything on a hard copy, then transfer the data to the spreadsheet when I'm ready. This program will give you charts/graphs, nutrition guides...much more that I couold list here. Needless to say, I was impressed, and it's become a very valuable tool for me. If you're interested, let me know and I can tell you where/who I bought it from...

-Kenewayne
  • geo1177
    Options
    I'm a newbie at this but I think you put down the sets, reps and weight in the strength training and time and calories in cardiovascular. They say each workout a day is 600 calories so I would go by that estimate. As for sit ups and stuff like that just put that in strength training as well. Hope that helps and good luck with your training!
  • kenewayne
    Options
    By the way...I'm curious to know what some of you think about having a tablespoon (if that) of Coffee-Mate flavored creamer in your coffee...I'm on the Phase I (fat shredder) nutritionn plan with P90X right now....comments?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    By the way...I'm curious to know what some of you think about having a tablespoon (if that) of Coffee-Mate flavored creamer in your coffee...I'm on the Phase I (fat shredder) nutritionn plan with P90X right now....comments?

I think a Tablespoon of creamer isn't going to kill your whole diet. (what, maybe 30 cals?) But, that depends on how many cups of coffee you drink a day... :laugh: Just make sure you're getting in plenty of water too!
  • geo1177
    Options
    My mom loves creamer. I don't drink coffee so I don't touch the stuff but if you're barely having a tablespoon I wouldn't see it as a problem. I'm taking less than a table spoon of honey in my protein shakes and crossing it off as a condiment!:bigsmile: If you think in the long run you should drop it then that's the way to go, but with the amount you are taking I don't see any harm.
  • jessmomof3
    Options

I actually took the "lazy" way out, and ordered a spreadsheet that I bought off ebay. I was scared to see what I actually got for $10, as far as a spreadsheet goes...but BOY did I get so much more that I bargained for. It will track EVERYTHING for you! I ended up printing off the workouts, so I can track everything on a hard copy, then transfer the data to the spreadsheet when I'm ready. This program will give you charts/graphs, nutrition guides...much more that I couold list here. Needless to say, I was impressed, and it's become a very valuable tool for me. If you're interested, let me know and I can tell you where/who I bought it from...

-Kenewayne

You can download the worksheets directly from Team Beachbody too. Here is the link. http://www.milliondollarbody.com/pdf/P90XWorkSheet.pdf HTH!

I don't manually enter each exercise, but you can do that if you want to.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've been reading about P90X for a while now...I guess I should check out their website. How much is it??? Do you do a different workout everyday for 90 days? I have dumbells at home from 3lbs to 20lbs and an exercise band. I have been getting bored with my own weight trng routine and I feel that The Shred is not enough as a weight trng workout. If I do this, do I also have to supplement my cardio? Thanks!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    jessmom thanks for the info on worksheet ! and kene try the powder creamer its not as bad as regular creamer!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Ok, I've been reading about P90X for a while now...I guess I should check out their website. How much is it??? Do you do a different workout everyday for 90 days? I have dumbells at home from 3lbs to 20lbs and an exercise band. I have been getting bored with my own weight trng routine and I feel that The Shred is not enough as a weight trng workout. If I do this, do I also have to supplement my cardio? Thanks!!!! :flowerforyou:

Hey girl! It is $120 for the P90X system which comes with 12 DVD's, a fitness and nutrition manual. If you have the dumbbells and bands, then all you need is a way to do pullups. You can either buy or make a pullup bar (my dh made one for me in the garage before I bought the P90X one), or use the bands but you'll need an attachment to do lat pulldowns instead of pullups.

It comes with cardio and you don't need to supplement any unless you want. I added in running because I am a runner and training for races. HTH!!

Jess