Waste of calories

Options
What things do you no longer eat as you think it is just a waste of calories?

I haven't had garlic bread since I signed up here (I used to have half a baguette with dinner 3 times per week)

I have also given up calorific crisps - I still enjoy a bag every now and then but go for Skips or Quavers as opposed to those laden with calories.

I am sure there are loads of other things too...

Replies

• dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Garlic bread also, used to have it once a week. I don't even touch it anymore.

Frikadellen...well, I do still have them, but I don't have them half as much anymore. I used to have half a packet which resulted in around 700 calories in that alone. I now only have 3 or 4 of them instead of the 13 I used to have.

There isn't much I've stopped eating altogether. I still have things I enjoy, but not half as much as what I used to.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Mainly drinks, I only have water or tea

I don't see any foods rally as a waste of calories sometimes I make lower cal choices but there's nothing ive cut out completely
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Full fat lattes - would sometimes have three a day! I can't even taste the difference between full fat and skimmed in my lattes so that's madness for me :-)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Buns, and chocolate bars like Mars or Snickers. I'll have a few squares of quality dark stuff for 100 calories, but nearly 300 cals and a ton of sugar in a Topic? Not worth it.
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Crisp's, chocolate bars and full fat coke were some of my worst I normally go for snack a jacks or low cal snack's (weight watchers do lot's of nice thing's) and if I have coke it's always diet, most the time I now drink plain water or if I fancy a change Tesco's do a pear drop squash that's only 2 cal's a glass :)
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wasted Calories for me are extra portions. I am pretty much eating what I have always eaten, but just managing my portion sizes better. This, with exercise is working for me so far.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Candy.
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    Sodas and most other liquid calories. Also french fries at McDonalds, I don't think they are exceptionally good at all. If I go there at all now I take a burger, drink water and skip the fries. I feel like it helps and I still get my favorite part, the burger.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Rarely have pasta, all "liquid" calories, and ice cream. Regular salad dressings and the "extras" like croutons and cheese on top of salads.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i think soft drinks are the worst offenders to me- they have pretty much no nutritional value, and are seen more as a staple (e.g. drinking them with dinner) than as a treat, like other non-nutritional items like candies are. i'm trying to retrain myself to see sodas more as desserts than water-substitutes :)
  • julieclaussen
    Options
    My coffee was 60 cal per cup. I would drink 4/5 cups a day. No more coffee for me.
  • SusanneWhittington
    Options
    fried breaded food and what hurt most... fried cheese sticks and garlic bread.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My coffee was 60 cal per cup. I would drink 4/5 cups a day. No more coffee for me.

I changed to green tea too.. Really miss the coffee though, but I would drink 4-5 big cups a day at work.. :frown:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There isnt anything that i never eat, but chocolate and cakes etc i eat a lot less due to them having little nutritional value.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I used to love snickers bars. My partner still buys them but I resist now. I still eat pasta someitmes (more into cous cous now) so nothing is truely off limits
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I dont have tea anymore, I have maybe 1 black coffee per week instead and have green tea and simple plain water hot or cold.
    Have also given up alcohol until christmas. :smile:

I have sunbites once a week instead of my usual mccoys 3x a week.

Breaded chicken, pasta & pizza too. :cry: lol
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Soda, sugary drinks, & most breads.

Don't drink your calories.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    my weakness has always been sweets..anything sugary i couldnt keep my hands off of however now that ive changed my lifestyle i dont give in as easily to the sweets.... i only give in if i feel its worth it theres lots of stuff thats yummy but not soo yummy i cant over look it... but i do allow myself sparingly to have a lil something now and then :) prolly a big thing i dont each much of anymore is pasta... 200 cals for just a cup of pasta nothing on it! so i say no to that lol
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Sodas is what I cut out everything else is normal for me. Lower calorie changes but I still eat what I want.
  • CerRooster
    CerRooster Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have given up almost all fast foods. I'm starting to cook much more this gives me much more control on what my intake is! The funny thing is after all these years of bad habit eating, they only place I miss is Chick-fil-a :tongue: