ladies, do you wear a size 5 (27) in jeans?

Options

Replies

• Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm 5'2.5" my CW is 156, and I wear size 10 jeans, but can also fit some size 8. When I weighed about 115 (20 yrs ago lol) I could wear a 4 in designer jeans, but usually needed a size 6 to be comfortable.

My goal is about 130, and I think I will be able to wear a 6. I have wide hips, even in high school weighing about 110 lbs, my measurements were 36-25-37. I'm bootylicious, lol. I think it depends on body shape, not weight or height.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I wear a 1, 3, or 5 depending on the cut and I am 5'4" 110 pounds. I have hips though, so that accounts for the bigger size sometimes.
  • knitterly
    knitterly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's all so relative to your body type. I'm 135lb, 5'2", and firmly in size 10s. I don't expect to fall below size 8s, even when I drop another 10lbs. I haven't seen size 5s since the 7th grade, at 110lbs. i'm just too curvy for it.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing my only pair of size 5's right now. Not many will fit me because junior cuts aren't the greatest for my hourglass figure (read, wide hips), but I do wear mostly 4's and 6's in women's jeans.

I'm 5'5", 135.
  • aylawill
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 132 lbs, and wear a size 5/27 in Miss Me and Silver jeans. I could go down to a 26, but figure I'll wait til I'm close to my goal weight (125 lbs).
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 114lbs .. In even sizes a 4/6 and in odd sizes a 5/7 :) I have hips and a booty though otherwise I'd probably
    be a smaller size
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 130 lbs and wear a size 5. I can squeeze into a 3 occasionally if they're a weird fit.
  • lovelight30
    Options
    I'm 270, 5'7, and in size 14...I question why I weigh so much when I'm just barely plus size.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    No
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I wear size 5 jeans. I'm 5'2" and 125 pounds.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    5'6", 145 pounds. Size 8 (29). I still have @10 pounds to go, and i'm hoping it all comes off of my middle. if not...Maybe after the tummy tuck I'll be able to get into a 5. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'10, 126Ibs, 25inch waist, fit a uk size 6, usa size 2 I guess. Sometimes need slightly bigger though. I envy those with tiny 23/24 inch waists who can fit a 0.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I weigh 133, im 5 feet tall and wear a size 3 in juniors.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm getting confused with US sizing & I didn't know that a size 5 = 27". I'm 5'2, 56kg (124 lbs.) and my waist is 26" & I wear a size 25-27" or Euro size 34-36 jeans (US 0-4) depending on the cut and sizing. My US made jeans range from size 0-4 though the 4's are too loose on me.

I don't live in the US and jean sizes here depend on your actual waistline like what I stated above.
  • roxyhourican
    roxyhourican Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 47, weight 160 and wear a size 10 in jeans
  • ann162
    ann162 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" weigh 158 and I wear a size 5 in most brands and a size 6 in Levi's. I am a medium build and I have had 3 kids over the past 22 years :) I can get in a size 3/4 but am more comfy in a 5/6 . The last time I was wearing this size I was 17 yrs. old!!
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well, I take back my previous answer! I always buy jeans at the thrift store, so I've only gotten size 6. I actually went to the mall last night and tried some on. I can't believe how thin the material is and how stretchy they are! I was shocked to fit into a 27! (I also didn't know they sold them by that size now). I got skinny jeans from Forever 21. All of my thrift store jeans are older and a heavier denim with less stretch. I'm curious to try another store now and see what 5's are like these days. I haven't tried on a size 5 since 2000 probably! lol (I'm 5'4 and 131 lbs...27.5 inch waist and 35 inch hips).
  • TwistedFun
    Options
    Not to burst any bubbles, but there is something called "vanity sizing" that has been going on over the past 20 years, with variances in sizes being up to 2 inches than what they are usually supposed to be. The size 4 of today is really a size 6, and the 6 is really an 8.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/pants-size-chart-090710

Chances are, especially with these stats I'm seeing, that you actually wear a larger size than the jeans you buy. There is NOTHING wrong with that. What matters is that you are looking good IN your clothes.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 124lb and wear a women's 4 short, Levi brand non stretch jeans