Name one thing you DISlike about yourself

Options
One of the previous topic was "Name one thing you like about yourself" .. now I ask "Name one thing you DISLIKE about yourself.

ME - I hate that when I get hurt or mad - I give people the silent treatment(I am like my father) ..and that's one of the things I HATE the most.. unfortunately I do the same... I tried NOT to do that..but some time I just CAN'T help it! I am know I too old for this ..but how do I change it and just learn how to let go of minor things!

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    honestly nothing
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    The only thing I dislike about myself is my inability to keep my cool and think things through. Sometimes I get worked up so fast and the fuse is lit and there's not turning back!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, most depressing thread of the week. Focusing on what you hate with yourself is just sad.
  • reinach31
    Options
    I guess, I was looking for some help - on how to be able to change that!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Procrastination. Especially over exercise :-)
  • Splasheh
    Splasheh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, most depressing thread of the week. Focusing on what you hate with yourself is just sad.

No need...? it's general conversation, if you dislike this thread then don't click on it.
  • hannydee
    Options
    My stupid broad shoulders!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My weight. That's why I'm here.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I need attention, and it's annoying.
  • rangers1312
    rangers1312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I dislike that a lot of times I am too nice and people seem to take advantage of it. It sucks, but I don't want to change who I am
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I hate how obsessive I get with myself. Lately I have been obsessed over weight, what I eat, school, and everything. I stress out way too easily and forget to take time to relax!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I tend to hold onto anger. When I get mad at someone, I have a hard time letting it go. Trying to get better about that.
  • rangers1312
    rangers1312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to let it go...I used to be like that, and its something you have to outgrow by practice. I started out taking little annoyances and voicing them to the person, and then it turned into being able to confront someone when they made me mad. Its all about baby steps though
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm too nice!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I Love the fact that anything that is a DISLIKE. . can be CHANGED to be something you like! God bless the fact that nothing is pernmanent. .It is only a NEGATIVE. . if you allow it to be. .
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm a little too awesome... but I will work hard at fixing it :smokin:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    AND I double post....
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit brash.. don't think before I open my mouth sometimes, it offends people and that upsets me that I have offended someone. I know some people would say 'tough luck' but I'm not that thick skinned.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    One of the previous topic was "Name one thing you like about yourself" .. now I ask "Name one thing you DISLIKE about yourself.

ME - I hate that when I get hurt or mad - I give people the silent treatment(I am like my father) ..and that's one of the things I HATE the most.. unfortunately I do the same... I tried NOT to do that..but some time I just CAN'T help it! I am know I too old for this ..but how do I change it and just learn how to let go of minor things!

I tend to this too and I don't like it. Thankfully my hubby does not let me get with it. He'll let me be pissy and silent for a little while and then he'll usually say something like, "Are you ready to talk yet?", and I usually am.

I guess mainly if we know were like that, it's a big step. Just be mad and silent for a bit and when you start feeling silly about yourself STILL being mad, take a deep breath and just say to them, I'm ready to talk.

If they hold it against you either they don't know you or they don't care about you and either way that's not your fault.
  • Cadenpet
    Options
    I am going to cheat.

One thing I dislike physically are my thighs.

And one personality trait I dislike is the procrastination I am so brilliant at.