The New "No more late night snacks challenge"

Options

Replies

• danielle_uhlir
    Options
    I am up to the chanllenge and my cut off time will be 7pm also. Every little bit is going to help get the weight off and feel good again.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well I definately made it to Day 1 yesterday. Yea Me. And wouldnt you know Im in bed watching tv with my hubby and he goes and gets himself a bowl of cereal around 10 last night. I so wanted to kill him for it LOL.

Connie
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I did it!!! :)

I didn't eat anything after 6:30 pm :)

And thanks to my red team, I was up till after midnight completing all sorts of exercise challenges!
    So Monday was surprisingly good all the way around :happy:

Looks like everyone was successful. Congrats!!

Yay us!!!! :bigsmile:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hello, Zaza :flowerforyou:

So, cut-off for me should be 7 o'clock this time, but I will also be counting the days when I'll eat before 8.
    I'm not sure what to do about going out, cos I do not want to use this as an excuse. Will have to see how it goes.

My personal record was 27 days in Dec and I believe this is why I gained less than 2lbs over the holidays, which I think is good :drinker: . Many days out of these 27 were hard, but well worth the effort.

Best of luck, everyone, and have a great 2009!!!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! Of course I didn't get to eat dinner until 6:30 but then I was done for the day. Even though I really wanted to snack about 9:00 while hubby was snacking on wheat thins...but, I overcame the urge and managed to make it through. I weighed in this morning and felt good about the results so it was worth it! As I said on another thread, I had a house full of family 24/7 last weekend (extended weekend) so if I accomplished a loss after feeding all of them and doing terrible at staying within the calorie limits then I'm happy. This week will go better!

So I will continue to make 7:00 p.m. my cut off time.

Thanks for the challenge.
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm in. My cut off time will be 7:30.
    Good luck all
  • ticky
    ticky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've made it through two days so far! Last night I forced myself to hit the sack at ten (when I started to get a bit hungry). When I woke up this morning I found the remains of a bag of chips and dip, as well as an empty pizza box. My husband and his friends must have really had a good time after I went to bed. I am soo glad I missed out on their festivities!! :smile:

I've done this challenge before, and it most definately makes a difference! Lets go day #3!
  • rialynn79
    Options
    I think I'll try it too. I've changed what I snack on at night: airpopped popcorn, veggies, etc... never really considered cutting it completely. I've been at this "hard core" for a week now and haven't seen any change in my weight - maybe this help! Thanks!! - Maria
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think I'll try it too. I've changed what I snack on at night: airpopped popcorn, veggies, etc... never really considered cutting it completely. I've been at this "hard core" for a week now and haven't seen any change in my weight - maybe this help! Thanks!! - Maria

Maria, persevere! It might take a while, but it will happen!
    It's great that you stuck with low cal snacks, but the quantity also matters. (maybe this was not your case)
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good night all. I thought I better check in while we still have power and internet. Tonight was Day 2 for me. Believe me I was tempted since I had already blown my calories. Fortuntaley, this challenge helped me resist temptation. I also realized belatedly that tomorrow morning is the biggest loser challenge weigh-in so I really was motivated not to snack tonight after 9:30.
    Hope to hear from you tomorrow that everyone is hanging in there. Let me know if everyone made it through Day 2.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Options
    Dewpearl, I just read your post that you went 27 days without snacking after cut-off time last month!!! Congratulations!:flowerforyou: You are our inspiration. It can be done and you're right it does make a difference.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! This is definitly my weakness. My cut off time is 10pm and I am so excited to be in a challenge!!!

Good luck:happy:
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    I would love to get in on the late night cut off time. This is my worst problem with weight loss. I also go to bed late, usually after midnight. I think a realistic cut off time would be 9:30. This will be harder than push-ups!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    K, I'm in. 3 hours before my bedtime is 8:00. That is my time to pull out Green tea, tooth brushing, and chatting to you guys!:bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    This is a very week thing for me. I'm making a ticker!
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    You know, brushing teeth early is a good idea. That would keep me from eating more. I'm past my "snack time" so I'm going to brush my teeth, work a puzzle and go to bed! Good night all.
  • MariG2009
    Options
    After-dinner snacking is really my greatest challenge. I do fine all day and even when I've had plenty to eat, I seem to be grazing all evening. Especially if I have had anything other than a VERY small glass of wine! So, challenge accepted! Actually I will count from Day 1 as I had already started working on this. Web surfing actually helps as it keeps my hands busy... We have late dinner, so my cutoff would be after dinner, 8:00 pm. Except for decaf coffee or teas, nothing to eat or drink. Thanks for support.

120757.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calori
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Day 1 done:)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    having to drop out for medical reasons. Good luck to all.
    Marie
  • zaza54
    Options
    Sorry Marie that you have to drop out. I hope you are OK.
    Welcome to all the others who have just joined us!