The New "No more late night snacks challenge"

Options

Replies

• Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you berrypatchdesigns, this website has helped me to stay focused. We are not doing this alone. Hang in there.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Great idea about craft projects and puzzles. I think when I am bored I eat... day or night.
    I am on track so far for night two. I didn't get in my cocktail though. I had a snicker-doodle cookie instead. I think I enjoyed that even more than I would have enjoyed the cocktail.
    Well, I am off to exercise before my hubby gets home from his poker night with the guys.

Wanda
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I just got home from the Y. I am proud of myself for going on a Friday night.
    It's after my cut-off time and I'm not even hungry even tho I never had dinner (I did eat a fair amount of spice cake my dh made earlier :grumble: ). Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good right now. Time for a shower and then get ready for bed. No snacking no matter what!!!! Everyone is doing so well here that it makes me want to stick with it as well.
    Have a good night.
    Zaza
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    4 days down and number 5 for me tonight. I almost got me a tangerine because they taste so good but instead I had me some milk instead. That doesnt count as a snack does it? I hope not cause if it does than I just screwed up.

Connie
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good morning.
    I'm at Day 5 also.:happy: My husband and I were having a constructive discussion in the kitchen last night and he just keep grazing, but I resisted! Tonight will be Day 6.

Connie, as for your question about what counts as snacking, I just assumed that no snacks meant nothing caloric after the cut-off time. But, of course, everyone needs to figure out what is best for them, and then just stick to that. So, for me, it means nothing but water after 9:30 pm unless it's a special occasion and then I give myself to 11:30 pm. Hope that helps. I think it's making a difference for me. I was TERRIBLE over the holidays and I am making progress now that I'm back on track. That being said, the week-ends are trying!
    Have a good week-end all.
    Zaza
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I did make it through last night. Tonight will be night 3.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Good job wlhanisch! It's nice to see you on this thread. I know you've been on and I'm glad you joined this challenge. Keep up the good work!!!:flowerforyou: I hope some of the others from the original challenge started by dewpearl find us and come on board too.
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    Well, I caved last night. I did go to the gym but the sweet tooth took over once I got home! Not tonight!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Way to go- I am having a REALLY hard time. Will try again. Last night was bad.... think I regained most of my weight!:mad: :explode:
  • stevieg_fan
    Options
    I'm late - but I'm in. My goal bed time is 10 pm so I can get up for those 5 am workouts. That puts my no more food in the mouth time at 8 pm. Hoping it's a snack, and not dinner, but whatever it is, it'll be 2 hours before bed time.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Please don't be discouraged. We have all fallen off at one point or another. But it can be done, with great results. The good thing about this challenge is you just start over at Day 1 and then keep going again.

If possible, leave the kitchen completely once you've hit cut-off time. Go to your bedroom, den, etc. Watch tv, get on mfp, take a bath, whatever. Brush and floss your teeth at cut-off; you might not feel like snacking after you've gone to the effort of flossing!! :laugh: There's always white strips or put a face masque on - anything to keep from going back to the kitchen!!! :noway: You can do it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Today is day two for me and although I was tempted the I didn't give in.
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Tonight I am going to have to lengthen my cutoff time. Hubby wants to go to a movie so I have my healthy snacks with me and will try really hard not to dig into his dessert. We have a movie dinner theater that plays older movies for $3.00 per person (before they go to buy or rent) so he wants to order a dessert. I told him we had to eat dinner at home though because I can't go there hungry. That is what my plan is - nothing but my healthy snacks and water to drink.
    Have a good evening.
    Eshter
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    Tonight I am going to have to lengthen my cutoff time. Hubby wants to go to a movie so I have my healthy snacks with me and will try really hard not to dig into his dessert. We have a movie dinner theater that plays older movies for $3.00 per person (before they go to buy or rent) so he wants to order a dessert. I told him we had to eat dinner at home though because I can't go there hungry. That is what my plan is - nothing but my healthy snacks and water to drink.
    Have a good evening.
    Eshter

Sounds like a winning plan! Hope you have a fun night!
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I DID IT! And I wasn't really even tempted to dig into his popcorn or eat his junior mints! That is a big step for me. I drank my water and ate my healthy snacks. Now, if I can continue to be that strong! The ending of the movie took me by surprise! It was the Nights in Rodantha.

Have a great night.
    Esther

I noticed that I spelled my own name wrong in the last posting. Sometimes my fingers go too fast!:ohwell:
  • zaza54
    Options
    Great job Esther!! The movies are hard for me too. I love the popcorn.

Anyway, last night was Day 6. yay!!! I almost blew it. Since we had company and started the evening a little late, I used my special occasion late cut-off time of 11:30. We were so busy eating and playing cards that I forgot all about it until I glanced at the clock at 11:25. Even tho I wanted an after-dinner chocolate mint and some more to drink, I only had water. Thank goodness since we had really pigged out.

Hope you all were able to stick with your cut-off times. Even if you didn't, tonight is a new night.
    Zaza
  • Grammymax
    Options
    What kind of card games do you play. We love games.

Yes. 6days down. This thread is what keeps me reminded that I don't want to eat late. Thanks for starting it.

Have a great day.
    Esther
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    here is a little Queen rewritten to fit the challenge....

"bump bump bump another day bites the dust"

I have another NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING under my belt. That makes 3 I think.
  • Grammymax
    Options
    So for two nights I have extended my late night snack to 8:30. Starting tomorrow I'm back at 7:30 p.m. Good job everyone. We CAN DO THIS!
    Have a great evening.
    Esther
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    I feel down last night.... I didn't just have a snack, I totally binged..... almost 1000 calories alone, not to mention the fat, sodium and the rest of the garb.

I had 3 days under my belt, now with my tail between my legs, I am back to night one.