WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR MIND????

Options

Replies

• divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    When I want to stop, I just say "only ____more minutes/____ more reps and you can rest all you want". I think about where I want to be and that is usually motivation enough. Music also helps. It may sound crazy but talking to yourself sometimes helps. Just not loud enough for the person on the treadmill next to you to hear otherwise they might think you are a little cuckoo :) Tell yourself you can do it, don't stop etc. Good luck.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    i watch tv. what not to wear, say yes to the dress. things like that where they talk about how to dress for your size and how thin you can look in different styles.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I think of people who drive me out of my freaking mind like TDGee and seantaylor..and I picture kicking their *kitten* into next week..motivation indeed!!!! :wink: :tongue:
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I put myself somewhere, maybe it's a 5k, or chasing down a suspect, or trying to beat my old time, anything I can do to push myself that little bit, I also remember how good I will feel when I finish.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The sweat is what keeps pushing me. With every drop of sweat i know im going to see resulta and it just makes me want to push harder!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing something like sit-ups or jump rope, where I'm counting and find it's getting hard I count by lower numbers. Like if I'm going strong at a set of 50 jumps for jump rope and begin to dwindle down, I go by 10's until I reach 50 instead of counting through 50 completely. Hopefully that made sense. lol
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I play little mind games with myself, like it sounds many other do too. I cover the front of my machine so I can't see all the numbers, I immerse myself in music that makes me groove, and I tell myself that like that little engine, I CAN DO THIS...depending on how much time is left, in my mind I will say: you can do anything for 22 minutes, or 17 or whatever is left when I feel like I want to stop...that is when I dig deep, and go hard....

Best to you! xx:smile::flowerforyou:
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    I take sip of water... that takes up about 5-10 seconds since it's a task at that point to not choke on the elliptical or treadmill or whatever it is you're on... then I'm like come on come on come on and then the interval is over and I can slow down and recover for a little bit... high interval training is the only way I can get cardio in .. otherwise it's boring to me...
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I get almost in a zone state. I listen to music and think about a lot of different things, but MOSTLY the clothes I can wear if I keep pushing myself. I am planning on spending a lot of money on a new wardrobe when I reach my goal. Also, I workout by a mirror, so I can see myself! I know it sounds crazy, but it works. Seeing yourself kick *kitten*, really motivates you to continue kicking it!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I could write a novel about everything I think about, but it varies drastically. sometimes I really don't feel as into it as I should and I tell myself "It's just exercise" or "seriously you're slacking? It'll be over in 15 minutes." "what's 10 more minutes, you can do that, you will be happy when it's done." "think about how accomplished you felt last time."

If none of that works, then I just go through the motions, and if the workout sucks, at least I did something, and I'll get back in the groove the next day.

and another important thing to remember is that modifying your workout is great, sometimes the absolute best thing to do. if you can't keep up with the dvd, class instructor, friend, or even yourself, just take it easy and then get going. nothing makes for a bad workout if you do too much at once, pace yourself, you got this :)
  • BerkeleyMama
    Options
    Something about being in the pool puts me in a zen like state. I feel my body getting exhausted, but I keep going, lap after lap. I listen to the water rushing past my body, look at the light filtering through the water, listen to the bubbles my breathing makes. I think the goal for me is to get to that very place: the zone, where everything is simple and just about the moment.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ain't no way in hell my body is giving in to my mind.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I tell myself not to be such a wimp
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    When I was ready to quit today, I told myself that I'm not really as uncomfortable as I think I am...I've done harder things and been through more painful things than this, so KEEP ON GOING!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Usually nothingness, just the focus and throbbing in my head... once I prayed to my Dad and asked him for strength to make it through the workout. When I finished I cried like a baby.
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Options
    "I can do this! I can do this! Come on, you owe this to your body! I'm so lucky to have this great body that can do so many things, so I have to treat it right!"

Kind of corny, I guess, but it helps. Or I sing a song in my head.
  • siems56
    Options
    I like to watch Netflixs on my Ipod and the time flys by and don't think of much, but sometimes I am thinking, I am ready to just stop and go sit down,
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    It is all about the music. My ipod is my lifeline!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    "Why do people type in all caps?"
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Supplement with caffeine.