Name the scariest movie you ever saw

Options

Replies

• aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options

The Orphanage (Guillermo Del Toro produced this and it's one of the best, spookiest films I've ever seen)

such a good ghost story
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ok * cracks knuckles* If you want seriously good horror movies you need to get out of the USA. Here are a couple of "foriegn" movies that I loved and I love good horror movies

1 Audtion- only one problem it has sub-titles trust me the begining of this movie is wekinda weird but wait for it.
    2 High tension-french hooror movie
    3 The Eye- but you have to watch the Japanese version not the american movie that bit off it.

Try these out and hope you enjoy
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Event Horizon. I watched it at uni on the recommendation of my bet friend and my husband and I couldn't sleep that night, or be alone for a second. I had to go to the bathroom with him! When I complained to my friend, he said "I know! I had to make you watch it too to share the misery". *kitten*.

I DON'T DO horror.
  • aalanclose
    Options
    my introduction to horror and an image that stayed with me for years and scared the **** out of me would have to be Salems Lot

this scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC5HZzjjI9Y
  • aalanclose
    Options
    Ok * cracks knuckles* If you want seriously good horror movies you need to get out of the USA. Here are a couple of "foriegn" movies that I loved and I love good horror movies

1 Audtion- only one problem it has sub-titles trust me the begining of this movie is wekinda weird but wait for it.
    2 High tension-french hooror movie
    3 The Eye- but you have to watch the Japanese version not the american movie that bit off it.

Try these out and hope you enjoy

the eye is by the pang brothers and is chinese (hong kong)

the eye 2 is awesome as well - just don't show it to any expectant mothers
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Rec (original Spanish version) - I live in an apartment block and getting from my car to my front door involved running!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have never watched "Hostel". It will stick with me forever.
    "Prince of Darkness" was a bit cheesy, but the end really got to me. I made my husband sleep facing me for a while til I got over it.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I love scary movies. I'd say the scariest one for me was probably 28 Days Later, and even 28 weeks later. Nothing like making zombies able to run faster than you to freak you out!!

Favorite though has to be Shaun of the Dead. Not scary, but for a comedy the zombies look pretty gory.

Also, an interesting one is The Skeleton Key. Not the BEST movie, but worth seeing once for a good ending, and personally, I get crepped out by all the deep south hoodoo.
  • runningmom1977
    Options
    All of the "Saw" movies. My husband has the entire collection on Blu-Ray. I love the mind twist in them, but they are way too scary and gory for me!!!!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory!!!!!!!!!!!! nightmares still!!!

THANK YOU!!! i am so glad to know i am not the only one srsly wigged by that movie! either version.

i like a lot of horror and i think that most of it is funny. but the Doctor Who episode BLINK freaked me out! even on reruns i try to back myself into the couch when i watch it. Moffat is so awesome.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    The Hills have Eyes. That movie was horrific.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Rob Zombie's- House of 1000 Corpses or The Devils Rejects are both pretty good in the horror realm. I even liked his versions of Halloween and Halloween II.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Totally going to look through this in a few minutes. I looove horror movies so I love hearing other people's suggestions! :)
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I used to watch this movie (among many other horror flicks) over and over in the background while I did homework. I know... I am a freak haha
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options

I used to watch this movie (among many other horror flicks) over and over in the background while I did homework. I know... I am a freak haha

LOLOLOL. Really? I watched that movie with my fiance and made him cover my eyes at almost every part.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Insidious is freaking SCARY. I jumped a lot and had goosebumps all over!

The Grudge

The Ring (this one freaked me out big time)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    It's been awhile since anything has legitimately scared me. I'm usually too busy laughing...
  • aalanclose
    Options
    Insidious is freaking SCARY. I jumped a lot and had goosebumps all over!

The Grudge

The Ring (this one freaked me out big time)

the original grudge was excellent
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I watched Carrie not knowing it was a horror flick. Toward the end I was like holy *kitten*!!:noway: I watched The Shining by myself at night. Bad idea :frown:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My scariest movie is the one voted most scary in many polls, but it's a classic, so I'm sure you've seen it. I think The Exorcist is the scariest movie I have ever seen.

Same here!!! It can bring me to tears. I went to Tom Savini's haunted house a few years ago(LOVVEEE that hes a local boy) and the room with the exorcist made me cry like a baby.