**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Laney and Sara – congrats on 50lbs! Super work :bigsmile:

Becky: you should celebrate that! I’m awful for getting on in the morning and then again at night before bed. However, I’ve learned not to freak out about daily fluctuations.

Cynthia – that fitness ball sounds great...too bad I live in a shoe box!! Now if I could borrow the box your boot came in I might have more room!! Hope the boot helps. ((HUGS))

JJ – totally up for the challenge!

Julie – Nice NSV! I keep thinking of resizing my rings but I’m gonna wait for more weight to release.

I’m feeling a bit rough today courtesy of an unplanned adventure to Wimbledon (yep where the tennis is played) and even more unplanned cocktails. Got up this morning though and made it to another great zumba class. My bingo wings are starting to get me down, there is a lot of muscle there in my arms but the wings have become fleshy and sloshy and are starting to flap against my body when I’m working out making a slapping sound. It’s embarrassing.

I had the strangest train of thought earlier, I don’t know how it came to be. I started to visualise a dinner party amongst the lot of us. Cynthia was at the head of the table (where else!) reigning over us. Staci and Julie are sat chatting like old friends. Becky is bouncing from person to person handing out hugs and saying ‘you’re just like I imagined!’. Greg is there looking pleased with himself but a little uncomfortable that the harem has come to fruition. The rest of us are milling about (including JJ with her latest knitting project), making small talk and oohing and aahing over how we look. I don’t even know how I ended up on that train of thought but it made me smile. :bigsmile:
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Becky
    -- Okay, okay OKAY!!! I'm signed up... Jeasus h christ in a sidecar with a crutch ;) But if I don't finish this months challenge and **** up the entire teams ascent or descent on the mountain, I'll just remind you... I warned y'all... k? Okay then. ;)
    So which logo do you want, Wing Women or Flying Foxes? :D And I need names for the banner.. message me the details ;)

Julie baby
    - Tom loves you, perhaps a little too much, the stalker. ;) Love love love the ring NSV. I have been carrying mine in my purse with me everywhere, I can't even wear them with string anymore too annoying. I feel nekkid. *sighs* but I don't want to get 'em sized till I'm "done" if that makes sense. And the boots. I am so ****ing jealous. And I am so ****ing happy for you in the same phrase :) LOL I wanna see pics! ;)D and the kitchen too. Sounds damn smexy... and yes, red makes yeh careful ;) so ... just remember that ;D tee hee!! :D

Ziggie
    -- Keep on truckin' momma... we are glad you are still with us. :)

Speaking of 'new shoes' How do you guys like my new shoe? Is it not ****ing fabulous? BEST SHOE EVAH! LOL Okay but seriously, I woke up today and walked to the bathroom no pain in my foot. First time in 4 months. SHUT THE **** UP. I know... $125 Cam walker. WHY THE **** HAS MY DOCTOR BEEN ****ING ME AROUND THIS LONG ABOUT IT? I swear to god... if I wouldn't go to jail, I might take the gun and whack the entire medical practice.
    So the boot, has 'air cushioning" I know.. stfu... you push the little 'pump' after you close the valve and it sqwoooshes in around your foot/ankle... this thing.. I swear to god, I call it the Vader 4000. Because Darth Vader had shoes that were this awesome, I'm telling you. :D I would stomp around the Imperial cruiser too in these things. I am tempted to get one for the other foot, just so I can totally pimp out as Vader for Halloween this year. (I already have a giant 6' flowing black velvet cape I used to use for vampire garb, would work for vader) I just need the chest plate. Oh c'mon $4 of sticky tape and plastic bits I can make that... OOOH some baseball or sports pads in black for the arm armor, over my UA black shirts/pants. OH hell.. I got this ****. Mask. DONE... I will screw with this kids this year. I can tell you that... I love making the kids work for their candy ;)

You want candy little girl? Come get it from me in my lawn chair... Sure I have horns and blood on my face, and a hockey stick (Dogma)... Oh you don't want candy that much? heh heh heh... what mom came to get your candy for you? Aww man, that's bull****.. okay fine. take the damn candy. ... HEY aren't you a little old to be Trick or Treating.. I see you later egging my house, I take the bb gun to your *kitten* on the way out sunshine... ;) Actually I give everyone candy, even the ones that look 26. My theory is, I consider it a bribe. It's a value driven bribe I pay every year. I pay. They don't play. I have never been egged, or tp'd or vandalized. ;D I consider the $10 in candy every year a solid deal :D

Alrighty... I should do the closet cleaning but Erik stayed up all night (no idea why) and is now napping so I am just waiting I guess... maybe I'll go see a movie... Oooh..

Happy weekend all!! Oh and happy First day of FALL!! (officially yesterday!) :D

Renae
    - Baking the 'tons I'm worried the stuffing will make the bottom bit soggy and the top crispy. may I suggest that if you have one, cook them on a wire rack placed on top of a regular baking tray? I have some really solid racks I got a long time ago that are 1/4" criss cross not just the standard bar bar bar bar kind. If you have that kind of wire rack use it and cook the won tons on top. That would get the air to circulate all the way around and make them crispy all over. Otherwise, I'd recommend the deep fry, which really doesn't soak up much oil, (I know isn't as healthy as one would like *sighs*) OOOH> IDEA <

Maybe... make them 'open' empanadas ;) Make the little wonton wrappers into 'cup' shapes by pressing the skins between two 'ladles' in the deep fryer till it forms the shape then frying crisp... Drain. (repeat repeat repeat). Make your filling, drop it in the top of the shell and then top with cheese/onions (and requisite salsa) Okay this is now not empanadas but damn that sounds yummy. I might just have an idea of what to make with the salsa and guac I have muahahahah

*plots*

;)D

(but I bought a rack of Bison ribs I gotta braise tonight for dinner)
    OH!! and I made the Butternut squash and apple soup I had in last nights dinner..
    Easy recipe for everyone to follow.
    (calories on my journal for 1 cup of the soup) :)

1.5 lbs butternut squash (peeled, seeded, cubed)
    1 large onion, peeled, chopped
    1 large apple, peeled, cored, chopped
    2.5 cups chicken stock (it's what I have made, but you could use veggie or beef or whatver kind)
    pinch salt, fresh ground pepper, 1 tsp garam masala powder
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp olive oil

melt butter & oil in stock pot... add in garam masala. Add in onion and stir to coat. Cook 15-20 mins till tender. Add in squash toss till coated in onions & spice & cook 5 mins till seasoned & browned slightly & flavored (may cook longer if yours takes longer to gain the flavor) Add in apple, stock, salt and pepper, and stir then cover with lid and simmer until everything is tender as baby food.
    I pureed mine with a stick (immersion blender) inside the pot. Bam instant soup. May also use food mill, food processor, blender, or any other high speed food obliteration device you own. ;)D

Enjoy :D

C
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am in for the October challenge. I'm still logging miles in the September spreadsheet. Not sure if I'm supposed to be, but what the heck.

Feeling really sluggish today and didn't go for my usual morning walk. Not sure why, but I def need to try to kick it in gear before the day just wastes away. I've been meaning to replace our porch light (it's only been 5 years since i first noticed that it needed to be replaced, so by my standards that's pretty good), so I will try to get that done.

Hope my harem is enjoying a great weekend. Keep those sparkly outfits a gigglin'!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Becky
    -- Okay, okay OKAY!!! I'm signed up... Jeasus h christ in a sidecar with a crutch ;) But if I don't finish this months challenge and **** up the entire teams ascent or descent on the mountain, I'll just remind you... I warned y'all... k? Okay then. ;)
    So which logo do you want, Wing Women or Flying Foxes? :D And I need names for the banner.. message me the details ;)

Renae
    - Baking the 'tons I'm worried the stuffing will make the bottom bit soggy and the top crispy. may I suggest that if you have one, cook them on a wire rack placed on top of a regular baking tray? I have some really solid racks I got a long time ago that are 1/4" criss cross not just the standard bar bar bar bar kind. If you have that kind of wire rack use it and cook the won tons on top. That would get the air to circulate all the way around and make them crispy all over. Otherwise, I'd recommend the deep fry, which really doesn't soak up much oil, (I know isn't as healthy as one would like *sighs*) OOOH> IDEA <

Maybe... make them 'open' empanadas ;) Make the little wonton wrappers into 'cup' shapes by pressing the skins between two 'ladles' in the deep fryer till it forms the shape then frying crisp... Drain. (repeat repeat repeat). Make your filling, drop it in the top of the shell and then top with cheese/onions (and requisite salsa) Okay this is now not empanadas but damn that sounds yummy. I might just have an idea of what to make with the salsa and guac I have muahahahah

*plots*

Actually... that made me think of something Cyndi... I have seen that wonton wrappers can and have been used in mini-muffin trays. You put it in nad push it down/around and bake it. They get all crispy. Pull them out, cool them if necessary and then put in the filling! Yummy! Yep - it's not really empanadas... but good little appetizers.

And Cyndi... that's right, Jesus himself can come back and give me a High 5! What can I say - someone has to get a little bossy with you too, wouldn't want all of us to have all the fun! ha, ha. Seriously -- one of my goals is to always participate in our challenges - to the extent that I can. I love ya, so I'm pulling you kicking and dragging and cussing... then, I know you'll hop up, dust yourself off and tell me that you planned to do it the whole time, you just wanted me to have to put some effort and work into it, laugh at me and say, "but look at that there HRM... burned a few cals without even noticing didn't ya!" and then evilly laughing and rubbing your hands together...
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I know I haven't been on here in a couple of days...which is not like me. But, I have been busy and in some kind of super funk :grumble: I am trying to snap out of it, but it is proving harder said than done.

I did have a pretty fun day yesterday. It was homecoming, and I participated in the flash mob. There was about 20 of us teachers than ran on the floor after the pom squad and started doing our routine. The kids loved it, and I was glad that I did it. I was about to chicken out, but I made it! Danced for about 30 seconds, then we all ran off. From what I have heard, that was the kids favorite part of the assembly.

I haven't been able to get to the gym, partly because I have felt bad not being able to spend time with my hubby and because he has been so tired I didn't want the kids to stress him out too much. He has been having to pull double shifts, so I know he is behind on his sleep. But I did just talk to him about me going to the gym and he watch the boys 3 days a week, and he said that was fine. I knew he would say that, but I was just using it as an excuse. So, I have to start getting out of school by 3:30, get to the gym for an hour, then I will have plenty of time with them.

I haven't gotten a chance to get caught up on my reading, but I will sometime this weekend. I just wanted to pop in and let you know I was still around. Bobbie, Renae, and Becky, thanks for checking on me! It meant a lot to hear from you. I hope you are all having a great Saturday.
  • lombrica
    Options
    Hey all... I missed responding to an email earlier, but Jane had asked about joining us here (meerkat)... I have sent her an email this morning and also saw some of the posts shortly after on the triathalon thread. Please encouage her to join us here and welcome her in when she gets here! It was my bad on this one... woops!

Jane... Welcome! I say that because I know this group needs at least one more sparkley harem oufit wearing Skinny Chic. Just let us know which color you'll be wearin'! LOL. (That was to hopefully entice you to read the last few pages to catch up w/ all of us) my apologies again and we are happy, happy, HAPPY to have ya!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

So are YOU in?

I'm so in. :-)
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    YAY Jane found us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((HUGS))) :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey, I haven't picked my color yet...I want shimmery white because it makes me look tanner than I am ;-)
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    ********OCTOBER CHALLENGE**********

Denali

While many know this mountain as Mt. McKinley, its Athabaskan name is Denali....the Great One. Its summit is listed as 20,335 feet, making it the tallest mountain in the United States and North America. It was created through the subduction of the Pacific plate under the North American plate, the same pressures that create the numerous earthquakes in Alaska.

Denali has two significant summits, the North Summit and the South Summit. Of the two, the South Summit is higher at 20, 335 ft. while the North Summit is at 19,470 ft. There are five large glaciers on the mountain. The "sister" mountain is Mt. Foraker that rises directly above base camp. Talkeetna is the closest town and is where most of the mountaineers fly into before leaving to climb Denali.

It was first recorded attempt of the mountain was in 1903, and the mountain was first summited on June 7th, 1913 by a man named Walter Harper, an Alaskan Native. Now, the mountain is climbed regularly, with just over half of attempts being successful. Over 100 people have lost their lives on Denali. The most popular route up the mountain is the West Buttress route that was pioneered by Bradford Washburn in 1951, so that is how we will make our attempt.

Denali is a coveted feather in a climber's hat not only because it is the highest mountain in North America but also because due to its location it has rather fearsome weather to contend with. The West Buttress route up the mountain is relatively easy and free of major obstacles and has sometimes been referred to in derogatory terms as the "Scenic Loop". While this is technically true, there are many sections where your full attention is required and there is little room for error. Base Camp is located at 7,200 ft. The other camps are located at 7,800 ft, 9,500 ft, 11,000 ft, 14,200 ft, and 17,200 ft.

An actual itinerary from a 1996 expedition looked like this:
    June 25: fly into base camp, weather closes in before entire team makes it into camp
    June 26: rest of team flies into base camp
    June 27: logistics day and crevasse rescue practice
    June 28: Move to 7,800 ft camp
    June 29: Move to 9,500 ft camp; storm moves in
    June 30: Bad weather day
    July 1: Move to 11,000 ft camp
    July 2: Rest day
    July 3: Ferry loads to 14,200 ft camp; return to 11,000 ft
    July 4: Move to 14,200 ft camp in inclement weather
    July 5: Rest day
    July 6: Ferry loads to 16,000 ft; return to 14,200 ft
    July 7: Move to 16,000 ft camp
    July 8: Move to 17,200 ft camp
    July 9: Bad weather day
    July 10: Summit day; storm moves in as summit is reached
    July 11: Descend to 14,200 ft camp in inclement weather, 70 knot winds
    July 12: Move to 7,800 ft camp in bad weather, total whiteout
    July 13: Bad weather day
    July 14: Move to base camp, fly out, get drunk at Fairview Inn
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am trying this picture thing out again. Here I am (on the right) with the other Pi-Girls!

dpk29k.jpg

Yay! I got the picture to work...and I am loving this picture! This is the first picture I have taken in a long time that I actually like! And I am next to 2 really skinny minnies...so I am feeling great right now!:bigsmile:
  • lombrica
    Options
    Lexie: YAY!! You look GREAT!! I love the braids... and I'm just gonna say it - you don't even look like you have that much left to release! Mar-ve-lous daaaaahling, simply marvelous!

As for me... wow what a day yesterday. I did end up doing lots of cleaning, hauling, etc. of everything from the two bedrooms and family room. Lots of up and down the stairs, lots of in and out from the garage and garbage in the alley, etc. So, then we tore out the carpet and padding and hauled it up the stairs and out to the alley. I am still a bit tired and a little sore... but soooooo relieved. I think that the contractor is going to start on Monday... they are going to be repairing the walls (the bottom 2 feet were torn out so needs new insulation and then taped, textured, painted, etc.) and baseboards. What will be good though is that since I am paying them to paint anyway -- I am gonna see about having a couple walls painted a color! EXCITING!! I am so excited! I am also going back down to the carpet place on Wednesday to get started on that. Going to try to negotiate a better price, but really want a specific carpet - it's "Biscotti" which continues to make me laugh. (everything in colors these days seems to be called foods - my hair had "carmel" highlights, "chocolate" low lights, now the carpet is biscotti). Today - is a relaxing day for me... I am gonna catch up on some DVR programs, crochet my little new neice's blanket, sit out and get some sun and improve my tan and maybe even take a nap. I love, LOVE Zen Weekend! Cyndi -- we may need to have these declared on a more regular basis! (OK, OK, I probably wouldn't do it if the gym was open, but in theory... he, he, he)

Speaking of exercise and the gym... Steph -- there isn't a local Zumbathon thing in my hometown, so I think that tomorrow I am gonna call my gym and see if they will host one! A co-worker just was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy on Thursday, just 2 weeks after diagnosis... So, we are trying to come up with a fun name and want to do this in honor of her! We are gonna bling up some pink t-shirts, etc. :wink:

Have a wondeful Sunday... Make it Great!!
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Lexie - you look great and what a fun picture!!

Becky - sounds productive and you are sounding much more cheerful :wink: That's a great idea to see if you can get a zumbathon going locally, especially in support of someone you know.

Was trying for a relaxing Sunday and I'm getting it partially. Hubs and I had a major blowout this morning (I'm convinced household finances are the root of all evil and mr. unemployed isn't realising certain sacrafices have to be made :explode: ). I took my anger though to the gym and it made for a great workout session. I'm still annoyed and hurt but not as explosively angry as I was this morning. And on the upside the stupid little personal trainer I can't stand commented on how hard I was working.
    I'm now trying to make the rest of my day more zen (with a bit of housework thrown in cause, well, the cleaning fairy missed her stop here this week). I've in the process of making apple crumble (I burned 1000+ cals today so I can enjoy it) and am watching old episodes of Beverly HIlls 90210 and contemplating getting my latest cross-stitch project out and completed. This evening there are some great shows premeiring so after making a roast chicken with potatoes and veggies I'm hoping to just sit back and enjoy. Somehow this doesn't sound so Zen now that I am putting it out there:huh: .....oh well, I feel okay with it!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    **************OCTOBER CHALLENGE*****************

Our activity that will take us to the South Summit of Denali at 20,335 ft will be.......BIKING! For every block that you bike you will take us up the mountain 1 foot. For the purposes of this challenge 1 block = 330 ft, so there are 16 blocks in a mile.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    So, if I'm doing the math right, we need to bike (together) 1270 miles???:noway: And here I was trying to wean myself off of that thing! :ohwell:
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    So, if I'm doing the math right, we need to bike (together) 1270 miles???:noway: And here I was trying to wean myself off of that thing! :ohwell:

Yep! I would hate for us to not feel challenged! :wink: But I do think this is doable. Would it surprise you to know we have done over 1400 miles of biking as a group during this months challenge and its not quite over?
  • k2quiere
    Options
    LOL...it doesn't surprise me, nor do I think we can't. I'm just thinking that at this rate, it will take us 7 months to do all 7 mountains, not that there's anything wrong with that :wink: :drinker:
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options

Our activity that will take us to the South Summit of Denali at 20,335 ft will be.......BIKING! For every block that you bike you will take us up the mountain 1 foot. For the purposes of this challenge 1 block = 330 ft, so there are 16 blocks in a mile.

Can I get this in Canadian? Meters and kilometers??
  • simplysara9
    Options
    Ok, I am trying this picture thing out again. Here I am (on the right) with the other Pi-Girls!

dpk29k.jpg

Yay! I got the picture to work...and I am loving this picture! This is the first picture I have taken in a long time that I actually like! And I am next to 2 really skinny minnies...so I am feeling great right now!:bigsmile:

Lexi -- You look amazing!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

Can I get this in Canadian? Meters and kilometers??

In Canadian....Denali is 6,194m tall. Math on a Sunday morning pre-tea is a little scary (who am I kidding, math is always scary)....but using some online calculator thingie 330ft is100m. Does that sounds about right?