**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• simplysara9
    Options
    Staci -- Can you put your little motivational voice inside my head please?! LOL Great job on the bike ride and the workout at Curves!

Lane -- I think we all have our blah days and with summer coming to an end I think more of us are having them. I hope things pick up for you soon! You have done so much in the past few months, don't let it get you down!

Lexi -- Great Job getting out of the 250's and on your way down the 240's!:smokin:

This week has been really stressful at work and I am feeling the effects of it. I just about broke down last night at work.:cry: I did get word from my boss that starting next Saturday (9/24) I will be back into my old position. It is a demotion in a way (lower title) but the same pay scale so at this point I am not going to worry about it. I need to take care of myself and some things personally. I have been putting work first for a while so now it's time to put me first!

My gym membership is up at the end of the month (I only bought 60 days) and I am contemplating renewing it. It is a cute little facility but the key word is LITTLE. There is not much variety in machines or other activities but for $10 you really can't complain. Also, the weather here in FL is getting nice and I really want to embrace the outdoors. I have fallen in love with being outside and really want to enjoy it this fall / winter. Would you renew or would you plan your workouts to be outside?!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Good Morning/Afternoon!

So I have been trolling MFP for about an hour now, feeling munchie (but acknowledge that it is because of boredom). As I don't know what DH and I are upto this evening, I'm preserving calories for the unknown. This morning started of great with Zumba class. The instructor was telling us about a zumbathon to raise funds for Breast Cancer coming up on October 16th (only two days before my bday!) that is being led my the creator of Zumba. Its 12 hours!!! I am hoping that I can convince some friends to purchase tickets and go with me. It would be great fun...and think of the burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

So as I managed to pull myself back onto my wagon last week by being accountable, I thought I would post my workout plan and my goals for this week again.

Workout:
    Sunday - cardio (I must start running again, not just sprints but some distances). Gonna treadmill and bike it
    Monday - circuit training (45 - 60 min)
    Tuesday - spin class :heart:
    Wednesday - Personal Training :heart:
    Thursday - circuit training...or if I can find another zumba class, zumba!
    Saturday - Zumba :heart:

My goals for this week:
    1. Get at least 12 glasses of water a day :bigsmile:
    2. Try 1 new recipe this week (I'm starting to get bored and thats always dangerous!)
    3. Get out of the 260's

Sara - you have the right atttiude towards work. You are more important and deserve to take care of you. In terms of the gym membership, if you know you are going to be able to push yourself to get outside, I say do it there and save the gym money! Or see if they have a pay as you go scheme for those days when outside is not suitable.

Lexie - so proud of you for not falling back on your old habits of rewarding a loss with food. As well great job of getting up early and getting moving so that you have the whole day ahead of you with the fam! Have fun!!

Lane - you have done an amazing job!! I agree with Sara, the post-summer blues have a way of making everything blah. I also have a theory that if you are from some place that gets cold, your body goes into a hibernation zone that must be challenged!! :laugh:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Lexie: I know you will make it through those 240 so quickly, they'll start counting backwards.

Steph: You are a machine, so you will be following Lexie before I even make it out of the 300s. One of my goals by the end of October is to check out the schedule for zumba and get in there. Latin dancing is one of my all-time favorite activities...of course, it helps to have Hispanic family. The problem is that I know after a party my knees hurt so bad that I almost can't walk the next day, and usually alcohol's involved so I don't feel the pain while I'm doing it. I can't go to the class drunk (well, I shouldn't), and I don't want to deter from the next day's workout, so I'm waiting until I lose a little more and get the muscles in my legs a little stronger before I give it a go. If it weren't for these knees, I'd be at Salsa Night every Wednesday downtown!

Sara: I wish there were trails and tracks closer to my house that I could walk to easily without having to get in my car and drive there. Since I have to get in the car, I have to have the gym. I walk the dogs outside, but that is all. They tend not to believe in sidewalks in NC, unless it is a major road or by a school. I used to walk outdoors all the time in NJ either around town (on sidewalks) or on the boardwalk, depending on which town I was in at the time.

Laney: I felt that blah feeling all day yesterday! I was exhausted and stressed and unhappy. I went to the gym just to realize I didn't have the right clothes to workout in (no pants), so I came home even more aggravated and then went out to eat (bad idea). My only exercise was food shopping and walking the dogs. Poor dogs didn't even get a full walk because my body was shutting down. Two glasses of wine later, I was over every macro possible, except carbs, and I'm up almost 2lbs in water weight from yesterday morning. I am so proud of you for those 50lbs lost in 4 months. I have one more month, and I hope I can say that same thing. So, here's the deal, you have to keep going so that I can always be following you. How's that???

Yeah, so with those comments, I've pretty much said exactly how my week has gone. Sometimes teachers can be super frustrating, and there are not enough hours in a day, and then people add meetings onto the end of the day. I really thought that with being out of the classroom, I would never have to worry about not getting home until after 9 again...yeah, right! So, this weekend is all about getting back on track and getting organized! I need to establish a system for preparing for my daily meetings and organizing my materials so that I won't be totally stressing each and every day. Once that's taken care of, everything else will fall into place. Thank you all so much for being here because you keep me going when I would just rather crawl back in bed :heart:
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Steph: you are an exercise maniac! I love it! You are an inspiration to me.

@Bonnie: You comments about booze and Zumba made me LOL! I can think of a bunch of different exercise activities that would be more fun when drunk!

Had a bit of an NSV (pretty common one) yesterday. I was at Costco (like Sam's Club) to pick up a few things we needed and was passing by the clothing area when I thought, "hmmm, I wonder......" Well, next thing you know I bought two really great tops that actually fit! I was stoked. I only got them yesterday and I've worn both already! One is even an exercise-type thingy that was great on my morning walk today (it even has a nice little pocket in the arm for an iPod). I think it won't be long before I can go into some other stores and buy stuff right off the rack. It will still be XXL for a while, but at least I won't have to rely on the internet and can actually see/touch/try before I buy.

I hope all you skinny chics have a great weekend!
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    So I've been thinking (dangerous I know) but I want to set a target for my birthday (Oct 18). That's 30 days away. This morning I weighed 260.3. My goal is to be in the 240's (even if its 249.9!) by my birthday!! I think that's achievable - 10.5lbs (for safety's sake!). And if I don't make it I'll be pretty darn close and at 32 the smallest I remember being since like grade 10!
  • daylitemag
    Options
    @Steph: great goal, and I think it is not an unreasonable one either. It's pretty close to 2LBS/Wk and that is not crazy. You can do it!!!!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Hey all! Today was like exercise central for me.I got up and went to do my Curves workout eventhough I had a 5k race a little later. I ran my 5k this morning in 32 min 45 sec. Woo hoo! I was finishing just as the last of the walkers were about a half block from the starting line and I thought could I??? And yes I did I turned the corner and started walking. I walked the exact same 5 k that I had just finished running. I thought of it as my "cool down" LOL. Then I got home had lunch and went out to ride my last 17.3 miles so my team could place in the triathalon. I am tired!!! I am heading in to have dinner and take a looong hot bath.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    First of all... I'm going to say... YOU... LOOOOK MAAAAH VOULOUS...

Yes a little Fernando LLamas impersonation first thing is always important, and if you don't remember (Or were too young *gasp*) take a look at Billy Crystal doing a spoof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZl3gGV4H6c ;) You'll understand....

Well dahlings... I feel, half-way mahvelous... which is better than laying at the bottom of the ball pit. those little Zipfizz things might just save me, or at least get me through till I can get to the Endocrinologist to get sorted.. So far one a day and I can at least function.

Renae
    -- I'd never have guessed you'd be missing that demonic little pipe organ. Did they kill it with the radioactive iodine first? Or just go in and snatch it out? And I am so sorry for all the pain and heartache you went through. I am glad you're feeling better now. And mugwumps are republicans that switch to vote for democrats when it pleases them, they're flaky unreliable, often called RINO's nowdays. ;)... oh and ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE :)D

Lexie
    -- Smexy Lexie I have a secret for you about Taco Bell.... It's not as bad as you think if you know the secret... 4 Steak Fresco Soft tacos, Take them home, scrape out the center bits into a bowl. THROW AWAY THE SHELLS. Yes do it dammit. What's left in the bowl is only 200 calories. and I dare you to be able to eat it all. You'll puke. I can only usually finish 2 centers these days. Another favorite is the Chicken Taco Salad, NO rice, (you can go crazy and get it fresco, but I usually leave the cheese & cream on) Get it home, and you guessed it. Scrape all the bits out of the shell into the plastic bowl. OH I almost forgot, instead of the ZESTY RANCHO crap sauce they give you, ask for the fresh salsa, sometimes its called citrus salsa, it's chunky, it comes in a black plastic snap cup. It's I think 40 cents extra. worth it. So you've scraped your mess into the bowl, cover it in the salsa, Stir... Eat like a champion. With SC & cheese it's like 640 calories... without, it's like 485... OH yeah... LOVE ME. ;) And they built one of those damn demon box's at the end of my street. So I had to get inventive. :D

Greg
    -- Kudos on the shirtos Amigo ;) I have been perusing Costco clothing for just the same thing. Ooh look a jumper! Not that I need it, I mean I live in Arizona, it's still 99 degrees out ;) But i can't resist. I am so proud of you and your goals you've met... You've seriously done a fantastic job. I know you'll meet the November one too! :)... Also Hubby mine, hasn't had to shop for clothing for most of our time together, I just go get stuff for him. He *****es, he moans, then he puts on the clothes and says thanks. ;) So trust me I understand. If I waited for him to buy clothes, he'd be naked. ... Hope you had fun at the conference ;) The good thing about lower tolerance is, You're a cheap date! LOL!!! ;) I tell you, feed the liquor into the planters or friends glasses ;)

JJ
    -- Gym gym gym or Ymca, or park, or.. yeah you know what I mean... And wait till you hear my granny diaper story ;)

Staci
    -- I still love you for biking even tho you didn't want to and your butt hurt. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO And I didn't know you were DOING ALL THAT CRAZY **** TODAY TOO!!! Now I am even more in love with you :):heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Stephy
    -- I would sue him, but he's Croatian, you know he's poor. LOL Good job on the curry, damn but a good Vindy sounds tempty right now. There's a new agey 'healthy' curry shop near me that doesn't use any butter. I love them. Still not low cal, but every little bit helps god bless. :)D Besides I can't resist the pappadums, cilantro chutney and tamarind date chutney too long. Gah. I know what's for dinner tmorrow.... Stephy sometimes your planning frightens me.... but i have a question to ask, is your circuit training weight lifting? otherwise you have a whole lot of cardio and I worry you're not building muscle and I don't see any toning exercise either. (like swim) (read my blog i have recipes posted, or ask me, I'll write a recipe for you for any food, any style. :) And tell me how much, I'll buy one of your tickets to support you. ;) You can take whomever you want. Send me your address in a mail message. (getting it converted to pounds is your problem, but i'll send enough for the conversion ;))

Bonnie
    -- Go buy some damn patches today. No not kidding. Before it takes hold again. Like level 2. Slap 'em on. And chew on a pencil when you get the craving. Kick it, kick it kickit.... I love you, you don't need them. You know you're stressed and trading those things for food. NO BUENO. I expect to hear back next time you're patching it and chewing through #2's... Please, if not for you, for the kids. *HUGS*. (And yes I had to quit too when I was much younger. The hard way. Pencils I snapped 4 of them.) I do also have 2 referrals already from friends :D

Lane
    -- It's my fault. I'm sorry. I'm an overachiever. You can blame it all on me. :) I'm serious you know. I often feel bad. I go and go and go and I don't know why the weight is popping off. Okay I do, i work like an obsessive dog and am OCD strict with the food and no cheating. BUT! I also don't work. I don't have kids. I have a lot of free time to sit around and plan the destruction of millions of fat cells. And plan I do. Then I do. So please, don't ever think, that your weight loss is not supercalifragilisticexpialidociously awesome. Because let me tell you. It's the ****ing bombdiggity. Every one of those little fat adipose saucers you ZOTZ with prejudice tilt your head back and cackle. Him, his buddy Guido, and the whole Taco Burrito Empanada Gang. They died last Saturday, they had a good run. But it was their time... make no mistake about it. Next weekend, it's the lasagne's turn. That fat slab has been hangin around lonnng enough. time to say, adios Amico... So yes. it may fall off one, two pounds a week. One pound a month. But honey, it's goin'... don't forget it ain't addin on ;)

Sarabear
    -- I vote fresh air in florida... Only if you can be motivated enough to keep up the exercise... If you need to have somewhere to go, then keep the membership. Havng a 'place' is sometimes more important than you might think. I'm sorry about the job. :( *HUGGGGS* Don't let 'the man' get you down. I'm sure you did your best, and well **** 'em if that wasn't good enough. I hope the next loser they put in there blows himself up. :);)

bobbie
    - Quit *****ing. I saw you ran last week. You have the right to complain, of course. But you ran. Greatest achievement you've done in what? months? hello. You RAN. :P And you got peeved you left your gym outfit at home. **** woman. I love you. don't be so hard on yourself. Sometimes you need a day off. Body works with mind. If your mind isn't in the game, you can't win out the body you know that. The body isn't picking up the chicharones and dumping on the hot sauce. Oh yeah, I miss those ****ers too. And Empanadas, and potatas Bravas, and... yeah I could go on, and on... my point is.. Don't forget that making your mind focused and strong is more than half the battle. Recharge woman, you'll make it happen. I have faith! :)

So todays NSV is full of giggly good fun. I in my wisdom you know bought like half a rack of summer clearance clothes, well here's the bad news, it was mostly all shirts... yeahhh and like a few pairs of skorts, but the green shirts I cannot wear with red skorts, at least not till december ;)
    Also I realized that when I donated my closet of too big clothing, I would have exactly 0 long pants. Not good. Not even an 80's pair of Jordache jeans to wear. How screwed am I? To top it all off..

My underwear, are so big. It's like wearing granny diapers. NO. I'm not really kidding. First of all my dirty little secret is, I like wearing mens cotton boxer briefs. WHY YOU ASK? Because guys don't put ****ing ELASTIC in the legs of the underwear so that it cuts into the FAT of your legs all day. Or RIDES UP THE CRACK of your *kitten*. Or gives you PANTY LINES. Or is made of nylon to chafe you and give you a millionth UTI or rash. They're lovely, they're made of cotton. They're long lined, they keep your fat legs from rubbing together. Downfall is... when they get to big, they bunch up under your pants like seriously a pair of those oversized CARTOON DIAPERS that you see in joke shops. And mine are 3 sizes TOO BIG. I cant take it. Not one more day. Store.

So I go to the Casual male, and I say. I have a problem. He says, okay how can I help. I say, I've lost almost 130 lbs. I have no idea what size I need to buy. But i need some underwear (I explain my affinity for their soft cottony goodness, he says no problem!) and that I need some workout shorts, and some long pants, as I have exactly 0 that fit. So needless to say, even though I bought CAREFULLY (Yes Renae I too hate to buy clothes I know will only see daylight for 3 months) and I spent an outRAGEOUS amount because damn that store is expensive. I found the most, fantastic, BOMBDIGGITY jeans I have EVAH EVAH EVVVVVVVVAAAAAAHHHHHHH worn in my life. Now I know how skinny girls feel. That's all I'm saying. ****ing *****es.
    I hate them even more now.
    They were and I know this seems rude to be so proud of, but a size 54. (I previously wore a 66 in July) I know. Shut the **** up. And so I put them on, well I looked at the waist circumference and I'm like... dude... this is NOT going to happen. these are NOT going to fit.. ****, they're up over my hips... okay, buttoned... holy hell... ZIPPED??????? WTF!!! And that's when I found out, they had some kind of space age spandex **** woven into the jean material when I bent over to test the seams there was no bunch, no bind, I did 10 deep knee bends. I thought about doing a couple of splits. No ****. It was like I wasn't wearing jeans at all. I almost cried. My *kitten* looks ****ING AWESOME in them. Okay I know it's still large, but I'm telling you compared to previous views, it's so fuking hot! I have got to get some photos in these stupid pants. OH WAIT FOR IT!!! and the best part?? They came in my inseam size, 28. OH YEAH! No sewing... No too long size. Now that i don't have the waist of a ****ing pygmy hippo? Yeah they have the proper inseam size. Before it only ever had inseam size 36. Which I guess was some kind of un-hemed size you were supposed to finish....

I know... shut the **** up. I bought 2 pairs. They were a ridiculous $50 each. I would have bought more, had they had some in my size. I want to sleep in those *****es. I also bought a pair of black jeans. Oh yeah BLACK! black dockers, khakis, a pair of white like jamaican pajama soft shorts, a hawaiian shirt with planes and battleships and american flags... 2 pairs of athletic shorts, 2 athletic tops, one compression shirt, a new belt, and pairs of docker type shorts black, black jean shorts, blue jean shorts. and so you can guess. what did I spend? $835.. fuking nuts. Yes I know. just nuts. But I realized. All the clothes I can wear fit into one suitcase. So I really shouldn't *****. :) ... oh and the best part. The woman one of the other clerks who helped me with July's purchase. Remembered me and said, "You've lost a lot of weight haven't you?" And I actually stepped backwards 2 steps from the counter because no one has actually said that to me yet except you guys. And I think it shocked the **** out of me, that someone 'remembered me' and so we talked about what I was doing, and they all 3 congratulated me and wished me well, and hoped to see me again on my 'next round'. I think that felt the best part of the day of all.

Oh and I've decided that I feel bad.. You guys ALWAYS ... AAAAALWAYS have plans and goals and agendas. And I. well I don't. not ever. I wake up. I get dressed. I figure out in about 5 mins what I want to do that day. sometimes longer. sometimes much longer. and then I do it. I wander the fridge to see what to eat for the day. I do my errands i come back. I talk to you guys I'm done. Next day, rinse, repeat. I should have goals. I don't even have a 'reward' in mind for my 100lb loss.. I guess the clothing spree should be it, but that was kinda payback to hubby for being a ****hole on wed. So I said to myself I was going to go somewhre and do something... I think I'm... I think .. I think I'm going to get my Scuba Certification, and finish it up in Hawaii in 2 weeks, just book a trip for a week and do it, What do you think? I was supposed to go pick out housing for us in september and well that got delyaed, dunno why, just inertia I guess... so I guess that's a good reward. I gotta find a scuba shop running a course... hmm

okay love you guys...
    really. I couldn't do this **** without each of you. I have learned so much from each of you, and each of you have made me a better person. I would have ****ing quit a long time ago without you. Husband has turned out to be a worthless turd pretty much regarding weightloss..so.. thank you. from the bottom of my heart. Okay i'm really crying now and can't see through tears.. I can't tell you guys how much you mean to me.. going to nap. good night!
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Bobbie - you will love the Zumba!!! Our instructor always tells us to pretend we've had a few drinks before we start and dance like that! :drinker: I always figure its the only excuse this pale skinned blue eyed ginger girl will ever have to move like that!!!!!!!! :embarassed:

Greg - its a great NSV! I miss Costco :( There is one somewhere over here but my problem is I miss my Canadian/american brands!

Cynthia - first off, that is AWESOME about the clothes but even more so about being complimented on your achievements. I had visions of you doing twirls and backflips in your stretchy butt hugging jeans - too good! Secondly, my circuit training and personal training days involve weights. My trainer makes sure of it, I am the second strongest girl in the gym and she's trying to get me to first. My circuits always have weights and then elements of cardio thrown in like sprinting, bunny hops, steps, elliptical sprints etc. I make take you up on the recipe offer! In the end I had curry last night but I made it so I had control over it - turkey, lots and lots of veg, reduced fat coconut milk and some thai green curry paste - yum yum!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Slept way later than I inteded this morning, almost 12 hours:noway: Guess I really was tired! Need to get me a cup of coffee to shake the caffiene headache (1 cup a day, its my vice) and some brunch and get going to the gym. I'm nervous about it but I want to get running for a distance again. I am thinking of running 1km or so (see how I feel) then cycle 5km and then run again, the elliptical or stairs or bike and then run and so on until I've reached 5k of runned distance (horrible English for a teacher I know!)

I love Thirsty Thursday and we had Friendly Friday going but its waned. Would love to get something going for a few more days - maybe scrumptious sunday - sharing a low cal yummy dish? Would allow us to keep our options open. Could just give title and brief description and if someone wants the deal on how to cook it they could PM?
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sara – I can’t believe I am going to say this, but I think that the demotion is a good thing! You are so ready for a less stressful job. I would jump all over it especially because it is the same pay! As for the gym, I don’t know. For 10 a month, I might…just for those days that are rainy.

Steph – you did amazing this week! And your plan for the new week looks great! 12 hours of zumba?!? That sounds like fun and a crap load of calories burned!!!!! If you are looking for a recipe, I just made some scones for breakfast that are super easy, super yummy and only 180 calories. That may seem like a lot, but they could actually be eaten as a desert! My problem is, that I can’t go back and eat the rest of them!!! Your plan to make it to the 240’s by your birthday is great! I know that you can do it :bigsmile:

Bobbie – maybe your knees won’t hurt anymore. You have been working out so hard and have lost a lot of weight! You should try it out! And did you know? Teachers do make the worst students!!!! I have known that for a while, just look around at any type of meeting or training, we are HORRIBLE!!!! I think figuring out a schedule that helps you stay organized will take a lot of the stress away from you, which will help you all around! Just remember that you are doing great!

Staci – you are a machine!! First that you ran the 5K at that speed, then that you went ahead and walked a 5K as a cool down! Who does that? Amazing!!!! And then to ride your bike for that long! I am in awe, great job :bigsmile:

Cynthia – I can hear Billy Crystal saying it right now! Also, thank you for the ideas of Taco Bell! I love that place and I am going to have to try those tricks. My husband might look at me like I’m crazy, but whats new? Granny underwear? You had me rolling! But I am soooo happy that you have some great clothes, even if you had to spend some serious money! You know that you are worth every penny of it! And what a great NSV, all of them! Skinny jeans, *kitten* looking great, people giving you compliments! You had an amazing day! And you know that we all LOVE you too!

Yesterday was pretty good for me! I went to the gym early, and got on the treadmill for an hour. A month or two ago I was doing a lot of running and had gotten up to running 2 miles without stopping. Well, since I hadn't ran in a while, I wasn't sure how long I would be able to go. I was very happy when I was able to run a mile without stopping! And it was at a faster pace then before and I am walking at a faster pace! After walking for a little bit, I started to run another mile, but I couldn't finish it. My lower back was really hurting for some reason, so I decided to walk and just continue to increase my incline. I felt great after leaving the gym, spent some time at home, took a nap (I was up at 4), then got up and went to the gym again, this time to swim! I was able to swim 16 laps without stopping! I was amazed. And I am feeling great because I ate some pretty yummy and healthy food yesterday too. I truly am feeling like I am getting back to where I need to be and my focus is turned back on and in the right direction.

Today has been great too! I woke up and weighed in and I lost another 1.2 pounds since Friday. So, this past week I lost 2.8 pounds. I am in the 240's and not looking back. I am hoping to be a steady decline into the 230's, then I will be reaching for my 100 pounds lost! I am super excited and I am feeling great!

I hope you all have a great sunday!!!!
  • daylitemag
    Options
    @Cynthia: I absolutely LOVE your posts! They are epic in size, but just friggin' hilarious. The best part is trying to figure out all the curse words cuz MFP turns them all into ******! Everyone once in a while I can't figure it out so I insert my own cuss word to see if it fits. I love your shopping spree story and am so very happy for you and your new jeans! Good job!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Wolfie: Can I just say that you are an absolutely amazing woman?!? I so easily get lost in your stories, that I can see your expressions and movements as if I were there. I'm so excited for your shopping spree...that is a crazy amount of money, but you are SO worth it!!! I say HELL YEAH to a trip to Hawaii...you can buy me a ticket too, if you'd like :wink: BTW: I can't stand chicharron, but I will kill some empanadas :love: In fact, I might have to make some when my girls come home to visit in 2 weeks.

Steph: Yeah, I don't drink to be able to dance; I can do them no problem...I drink to not feel my legs and feet complain while my fat *kitten* is dancing. Whenever we have parties, the dancing usually starts around 10 or 11PM and goes until about 4 or 5 AM nonstop. I'm all about adding in some other interesting things to share on different days of the week. So, for scrumptious Sunday, I will add

my chicken salad:
    grilled/boiled/broiled chicken breast chopped in a food processor
    chopped onion
    grapes (red or green) cut in halves
    garlic powder/black pepper
    mayonnaise

As bread tends to have a lot of sodium, I usually grab a couple of lettuce leaves and make lettuce wraps with it, or else one slice of bread.

Lexie: Thanks! I know all of that stuff, but this week was just really frustrating. I'm looking forward to next week running a lot smoother, and only one afterschool meeting on Monday :drinker: YOU, my dear, are doing amazing on getting that weight moving again. I noticed that when I first started going back to the gym, my lower back would hurt whenever I would walk. Sometimes I would have to stop walking, not so much for my legs hurting, but for my back aching. I think my gait was just off from having regained weight and from not having walked for exercise in a while. I hope yours stops giving you trouble, so you can continue upping your goals :happy:

I still have two more hours before the gym opens, so I'm going to get some work done to feel more prepared for my meetings tomorrow, and then when I get back, I'm going to fold my clothes and make dinner and start working on Tuesday's meeting. Definitely in a better mindset today! Happy Sunday everyone!
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    I'm having one of those days where if every day was like today, this journey would be so easy!
    After a late start this morning (so thankful for the sleep in!!) I made it to the gym. I ran for 1.57km and then switched on to the spin bikes and went like a mad woman. Headed back over to the treadmill and decided that interval running was probably my best option and did 2.12km. Was sweating so much my t-shirt actually dripped when I was stretching. It wasn't the 5km I was aiming for but after spinning my legs just wouldn't let me do anymore. i was ready to stop well before the end of the 2.12 but let me tell you, Cynthia, you were there on the treadmill next to me telling me to keep my fat *kitten* moving! And that I would be so much better for it!
    I'm already for the week ahead. Chilli is made and portioned out in the fridge ready to grab for lunches, housework done, school work done as much as I can and have had a good chat with the fam. Had a fun afternoon making the chilli and dancing around to my favouritie Canadian country songs. Vegging out now and watching old episodes of my favourite show from being a teenager - Beverly hills 90210.

My contribution to Scrumptious Sundays is: turkey (mince) with exotic mushrooms, soya , chilli and lime - quick, easy, low cal and very yummy!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday All

I have not had a cigarette since Thursday night. I am already feeling better.Friday I finally got my *kitten* back to the gym an that gave me a bit more energy.I would never have thought that exercise and getting sweaty could be addictive. I feel like I am going through withdrawls when I don't go to the gym.
  • simplysara9
    Options
    I am still up in the air about the whole gym membership. I am hoping rainy season is over for us (finally, after a long hot and humid summer)! I think I might pick up Insanity again and do the first month because I felt great while doing it and was losing inches like crazy! I am also going to start training for that 5k in October and Half Marathon in November. I know we are walking both races but I still need to condition for it, walking 13.1 miles without ever walking that before would be killer! So, it's time to start. My foot / ankle is starting to feel a bit better, I hope it continues to improve.

and I have a NSV...

I don't take compliments very well... but my mother-in-law stopped by my work the other day with my nephew to say hi and we were wearing T-Shirts for United Way... she commented how good I look in red! (I know it's not a weight loss compliment but it still felt good).

The today was my nephews baptism and I was complimented a few times that I looked like I was losing weight:happy: I smiled and said that yes I have been slowly losing weight and took that compliment for all it was worth!

Now, I am off for a walk .... trying to get these miles in for my team... I wanted them all done by the 15th but unfortunately my foot had seen better days and did not want to cooperate... so here is to at least 1 miles tonight!
  • StaciO
    Options
    Hello and happy Sunday! I know I said I wasn't going to do any exercise today, did anyone really believe me? I got up this morning and decided that I would go ahead and go to Curves. then I thought hmmminstead of riding my bike I could get some more running miles in. So I ran 3.5 miles to curves just so I could work out. I did call my hubby to come pick me up afterward though. finally I had time today to go through my closet and I got rid of 4 bags of clothes that are too big. That left me with about a half dozen shirts, 2 pairs of capris and 2 pairs of long pants. Umm yea, I live in Washington the capris will only work for another week or so and 2 pairs of pants isn't going to cut it. So, off I went shopping. I was looking for another pair of jeans and maybe a pair of khakis but only got a pair of jeans. They are a size 12. A freaking size 12!!! Do you think it would be in bad taste to wear them inside out so the whole world could see? My daughter also talked me into trying on a cute top that as she says "makes your boobs look awesome" Well, what 43 year old woman doesn't want to have awesome looking boobs? So I bought it too. This is a red letter day for sure.

Mrs Duck- yay no more smoking. You don't really need those things anyway.

Sara- I think I am going to start back with Insanity next month. I am hoping it will work with whatever challenge we do next month.

Steph- chili sounds yummy. I will try to remember to make some maybe next Sunday and portion out the left overs for the next week. You will be the Zumba queen for sure this week. It is such a great cardio workout.

Bobbie- I am going to have to try usuing lettuce and making wraps with some of my sandwiches as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

for now I am going to cuddle with hubby and watch a movie or something. Have a great night all.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    I have been in a funk. Working a lot and really hard and just no time. I have still not done any working out. Ugh. I also have not been eating. Not eating bad, just seriously not taking the time to eat. Which, really, is weird for me. I have some sweet friends that are coming to visit this week, so I am hoping to get some fun time, but it won't be rest time at all, which is what I really need.

So....I promise that after my friends leave I will get back into a routine that works for me, with proper amounts of food and exercise and SLEEP!

I did have a really nice NSV. A customer came in to the shop that had not been in in a few months. She says, you are wearing your hair different, and I said no, that I was just due for a haircut. She looked at me funny and then we sat down so I could help her with a knitting problem. We got up and I was walking to the desk and she said...OMG JJ! You look different because you have lost a lot of weight! I did not even realize that was what she was puzzling over when she asked about my hair. I blushed and said thanks, but I was so amazed. She didn't know I have been trying and totally saw a difference in my body but also my face and it just made me feel like I am totallly making progress...the last 10 days not withstanding.

I wont remember all the posts but I did want to say:

Steph- Good job on the curry! Well played missy!

Cynthia-LOVE the shopping spree and the compliments. I bet you wore the heck out of those jeans with sashaying, posing and purposefully bending over to show them off.

Greg-Love that you were able to find shirts at Costco. So cool!

Bobbie!!!! You went RUNNING!!! I am so excited! Keep it up! Couch to 5k babeeeeeeee! Download it on your smartphone and kick some asphalt! (The online group I belonged to that all started C25k named the dude that prompts you Stuart.)

Bonnie-I am so proud of your for realizing you needed to stop smoking again and then DOING IT. That is so hard and I am really impressed you have managed it with everything else going on.

Staci-You are a workout machine and totally impress me. Seriously. Wow.

Sara-I like your thinking on the promotion at work. Life is too short. Also...I am trying to decide about joining a gym. Same boat as you. I like running outside some much better than the treadmill, but Oregon in the winter is rain and cold all the time. I started C25k outside in March and survived, but I am not sure I would keep doing it this winter.

Alrighty then....I am going to head off to the airport to fetch my friends and will be out of touch for a day or so. Try not to miss me too much. :wink:
  • simplysara9
    Options
    Staci -- Awesome NSV with the new clothing! I love how your daughter picked out a shirt that would your boobs look good!:laugh:

JJ -- I understand how the working can go, sometimes it just takes over out lives.:cry: I hope you can find a balance between work and yourself. You need it! Also, I love NSV like that! I bet that made your day.

Well, I put my foot down last night and decided I am going to walk. My foot is feeling good so we are going to go for it. Well, when walking out the door I decided to pop on C25k and just go with it. I was doing well, walk / jog / walk / jog and I was actually jogging the whole time it told me to in the beginning. Then I started to get tired but I was still jogging (just not the whole length of time). Well, I am almost home and the side walk ends so I decide to walk on the side of the road until the side walk started again. Bad idea. I wasn't paying attention and my foot slipped off of the side of the road and rolled into the grass. Of course I rolled the ankle on the foot that was already bothering me! ugh, just my luck. I came home and showered and then iced that thing and it's feeling okay this morning. I am hoping that it still feels okay at work when I am standing for 8 hours. We shall see! I plan to get out tonight for another walk (maybe not c25k) if my foot is feeling okay after work.

Have a great Monday everyone!:smile:
  • StaciO
    Options
    Good morning! I was a little frustrated this morning with my weigh in as this was my second week in a row with a .3 loss. I was feeling like why am I doing this? I am working my butt off and I feel like I am working way harder than .3 pounds. Then I remembered about running the 5k and the new pants and I didn't feel so bad. I also went back through my food diary for last week. Oh yeah, it was my birthday, and oh yeah I had a cupcake Monday too, and oh yeah maybe that loaded baked potato wasn't the best choice. So, this week while I will still be doing my Curves workouts and trying to get my a few more running miles in, my focus is really going to be on eating the right amounts and eating the right things. I sometimes slip into the as long as it fits in my calories it doesn't matter mode of thinking. I need to work on that.

JJ- yay for your customer noticing your weight loss. It always seems more energizing to me anyway, when those compliments come from someone that has no idea that you have been trying to lose weight.:smile:

Sara- I hope your foot and ankle heal quickly and completely soon. Wanting to walk and jog and not being able too must be terrible.:grumble:

So, I have to admit that my legs are a little sore this morning. I think I will take it a little easy with my workout this evening. Okay, okay, I have one speed and it is full speed but I will try to take it easy this evening. :laugh:

Have a groovy day all and don't forget to move more.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    >> Bobbie – I hope your ‘blah’ moments are over. You may have felt blah for a day or two last week but you really did accomplish a lot. 2 weeks ago you didn’t run at all. Now ya do!! Fake it till you make it sista!!

>> Steph – I like your goals and the target wt for your BD. I set one as well and have 16 lbs to drop before Oct. 29th. YIKES! The zumbathon should help but sounds exhausting to me. I did one class and never felt so uncoordinated in my entire life. I admire anyone who can keep up with those little instructors who think they are helping you by coming over and doing it right in front of you. 12 hours of that would be enough humiliation to last me a lifetime!

>> Sara – Glad your job is going to settle down for you. I would try getting your workout in outside for a month and see how it goes, but you’ll need to think outside the box. There are probably several places nearby that could offer challenges. I just drive around until I find an interesting spot to get my jog/walk on. I’ve even stumbled upon some gems. Give it a try. Nothing says you can’t join a different gym in a month or two.

>> Greg – I hope you are being good at the conference! Make it a challenge for yourself to find alternate ‘healthy’ choices and give yourself points everytime you do. Try to accumulate so many points a day. It’s all mind game and you are in charge. Can’t wait to hear how it goes. The skinny chics will be waiting for the full report. (isn’t it nice to have a mother wherever you go?!!) Great NSV about buying shirts at Costco’s! Very motivating isn’t it? Keep it up. You’re doing really well.

>> Julie – I hadn’t thought about the calorie burn when trying on dresses but you were sooo right! I must have tried on 50 dresses and I have to say that whoever designed those little rubber straps that hold the dressed on the hangers should be beaten!! It took all my patience not to rip those things off the hangers. Some dresses had TWO sets of straps! And another thing – when did lazy shoppers start leaving every damned thing they’ve tried on in the dressing rooms? It was a big mess in every dressing room I entered. At the end of the day I was successful in finding a little black dress (size 16) which was very exciting. I will however be buying some spanks to help with keeping ‘things’ in place! LOL

>> Staci – You continue to be my inspiration. I’ve been meaning to ask you how that leather jacket is fitting these days? Is it loose yet? I’ll bet it is. Remember when you couldn’t zip it? Loved your story about buying size 12 jeans – I would wear them inside out for sure. You crack me up! And I'm sure your boobs look awesome in that shirt!

>> Lane – You’ve done so well in 4 months! 50 lbs is more than 2lbs a week. It’s above normal and it wouldn’t be good to move much faster that that. If someone at work tells you today that they just lost 50lbs wouldn’t you be impressed? Well YOU should be very proud. We’re so proud of YOU! As long as you keep doing what you’re doing you will continue to lose.

>>Lexie – You really know how to keep it real – when you stayed out of the kitchen and kept telling yourself you were better than that! I love it. I’m using it tonight when I mindlessly enter the hazard zone / AKA my kitchen /. You’re 240’s will melt away if you keep this up. I hovered in my 220’s forever it seemed. I got really serious about keeping calories lower about 2 weeks ago and dropped 7lbs in 2 weeks. It will ebb and flow and we’re basically along for the ride, but if we really listen to bodies we can push the boundaries and have a break through.

>> Mrs Duck- Congrats on the smoking cessation! I'm sure it's very difficult but you can overcome!!

>>Cynthia oh Cynthia - what can I say? Your post are always good for a laugh or two but you really outdid yourself this time. Congrats on moving down 11 SIZES - you so deserve to wear men's briefs and to enjoy their soft cottony goodness. Way to spend some serious cash on yourself cause you really deserve it! You also totally deserve that Hawaiian goal. I say book it Dan-O. Scuba lessons sound fun too. A lot easier than bowling I'll bet. OMG - you are 16 FREAKING OUNCES from your 100LB goal!!!! We'll be ready to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a super weekend. No real exercise but plenty of fresh air and sunshine. Ate really lite and dropped a couple more lbs so that felt great. Hard work does pay off - sometimes it just takes a few days for the scales to catch up. Today I did 2miles on the treadmill and another 2.5 outside at lunch time. I know our good weather days are limited now that Fall is upon us so I'm taking any chance I have to be out there, changing my clothes in the bush and making a run for it!

~Keep it skinny!!! Holy Long Post - sorry!