BEST concerts you've ever been to?

Options

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    First time I saw Neil Diamond, we were 4 rows from the stage.....seen him 4 times in total...awesome!!!! How many choruses of Sweet Caroline can one sing in one night?

Also seen Showaddywaddy (showing my age!); Lighthouse Family; The BeeGees; Don McLean; Dennis Locorriere (ex Dr Hook) and Andy Fairweather Low....

Sue :smile: x
  • leopardlushh
    Options
    Damn no one mentioned them. BUT the PIXIES...on my birthday in LA at the Hollywood Palladium! Awesome awesome show! Going to see them in Santa Cruz again this year a few weeks after my birthday...always a great present!

Also some of my TOP include...Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Deftones!!!...love'em
    NO DOUBT...Gwen is amazing to say the least
    311...in Vegas and Irvine
    Jane's Addiction...Perry is quite the performer
    Slayer and HateBreed...at the Mayhem
    Rob Zombie...small local show that rocked
    The Yeah, yeah, yeahs...beautiful voice...minus the auto tuning
    A Perfect Circle...wish they just kept playing all night long in Berkeley

Concerts are my VICE! I've seen an array of bands...NIN, TOOL, Nas, Wu-Tang, Mos def (less than 80 people!), Offspring, the Sounds, Paramore, Flyleaf, Marilyn Manson, Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park, Cannibal Corpse, Cage the Elephant, Courtney Love (sad to say myself but she was damn good), etc, etc.

PLEASE PEOPLE PUT DOWN THE CAMERA AND THE CAMERA PHONE AND ENJOY THE SHOW!!!
    *plus i like to get into the music and i didn't pay to keep still
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Warpaint last March... those girls seriously know how to rock. They also have the best time together. I have a serious woman crush on Jenny.

Warpaint are so fun to watch. I had a big grin on my face when I saw them a little while ago.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Okay. I can't narrow this down to one concert but:

The Hold Steady - I must have seen these guys about 15 times now, maybe more. Always awesome.
    Les Savy Fav - Feb 2011 Manchester and Liverpool - No two shows are the same. I've got an EPIC crush on the lead singer and they were both such awesome gigs.
    Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five : Always brilliant whenever I've seen him
    Radiohead - Every time I've seen them.

I'm sure I'll think of more...
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Rammstein FTW
  • leopardlushh
    Options
    Rammstein FTW

I would LOVE to see them!
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    PLEASE PEOPLE PUT DOWN THE CAMERA AND THE CAMERA PHONE AND ENJOY THE SHOW!!!
    *plus i like to get into the music and i didn't pay to keep still

This times a babillion. I can understand maybe taking a photo or two but keeping your arm up and watching the show through the tiny screen completely confuses me. Why pay all that money to capture a ****ty version of the show with sound that is indistinguishable when you look at it later. Be in the moment for once you stupid people!

Some other of my favourite shows have been;
    Radiohead for the OK Computer tour - I didn't know them very well, bought a ticket as I had the money and a friend loved them. This turned me into a fan and I just wish they'd return to Perth so I could watch them again as a proper fan.
    Them Crooked Vultures. What can I say; Homme, Grohl and Jones - f'in incredible.
    Tool ~ 2002ish for the Lateralus tour. Also saw them at the Big Day Out a few years ago but hard to get into it as much being at an outdoor festival with a horde of drunken *kitten* telling them to play Stinkfist and not shutting up and enjoying the music.
    Metallica ~ 1998, so good and hilarious to see all the bogans in their uniforms of black skin tight jeans and old school Metallica shirts.
    "Guns'N'Roses" (Axl Rose), Korn and Shihad - last year I was able to do photos for a website so I got to get right up to the huge stage and get some awesome shots of Korn and Shihad. Axl can f off for all I care.
    Presidents Of The United States of America ~ 1996, my first concert and I loved it. They came out in pitch black, played 2 songs then said something along the lines of, "Um... can somebody put the lights on now, please?".
    Rage Against The Machine at Big Day Out a couple years ago - never thought I'd see them live but they have done a bunch of shows in the last couple years and they didn't disappoint. Wish they would get their s together and record another album.
    The Soundwave festival here is awesome; been a couple times and I've seen Clutch, Meshuggah, Queens Of The Stone Age, Anthrax, The Sword, Ill Nino, Slayer, Sevendust, Deftones, Thrice, Faith No More, Jimmy Eat World, One Day As A Lion, Isis, Anvil, Baroness, Primus, Slash, Bullet For My Valentine, Kylesa...

I need to see some more shows, think Soundwave was the last one this year and that was March!
  • livnlite
    Options
    Rod Stewart! Cause I am Forever Young!
  • joditenzer
    Options
    hands down, Bon Jovi and the Eagles :)
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Clapton and Steve Winwood at Madison Square Garden...and the jimmy buffett shows..what I remember of them
  • ivyann73deleted
    Options
    My Chemical Romance on April 15, 2011 in Chicago. Fantastic show and amazing people. I was at the barricade on Frank's side after spending the night in an alley. I was there more than 24 hours before the door opened to be SURE I got barricade.

All of the Adam Lambert concerts I went to were pretty good - Indianapolis was the best as I was second row center, but MCR wins out over everyone.

I am sooooo jealous. Saw MCR in July when they were playing with Blink. The sound system sucked, it was seating (I always prefer general admission), and everyone around me just stood there when I wanted to be jumping around. Lame crowd and crappy sound totally ruined it for me.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    U2 - Sydney Dismantle.
    U2 - Montreal 360
    Michael Franti - Sound of Sunshine, Montreal
    Willie Nelson, House of Blues, New Orleans
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Metallica
    Motley Crue

Foo Fighters

Soulwax
    Underworld
    Rabbit In The Moon
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My Chemical Romance on April 15, 2011 in Chicago. Fantastic show and amazing people. I was at the barricade on Frank's side after spending the night in an alley. I was there more than 24 hours before the door opened to be SURE I got barricade.

All of the Adam Lambert concerts I went to were pretty good - Indianapolis was the best as I was second row center, but MCR wins out over everyone.

I am sooooo jealous. Saw MCR in July when they were playing with Blink. The sound system sucked, it was seating (I always prefer general admission), and everyone around me just stood there when I wanted to be jumping around. Lame crowd and crappy sound totally ruined it for me.

I'm going to see MCR and Blink 182 this Thursday. I'm so excited. I hope it's good. We got seats and I also prefer GA and jumping and dancing.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Too many to pick from:
    Fall Out Boy.
    Katy Perry.
    Blink 182.
    Paramore.
    Cobra Starship.
    3 Doors Down.
    Red Jumpsuit Aparatus.

When I saw Fall Out Boy, I was extremely underwhelmed.

Really? I've seen them 5 times and met them once. I wish they were still together! I might be going to see Patrick Stump with P!ATD this November.
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    Keith Urban is absolutely amazing, and has such an awesome connection with the audience.

Dave Matthews Band concerts are also always very enjoyable ;)
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Metallica is probably my favorite and Tool.... Tool was more like a experience than a concert.
  • sal0118
    Options
    Bob Dylan solo in Dallas (1988).

Steely Dan Red Rocks amphitheater Denver (1993)

I am jealous of the guys who saw Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin they would have been great.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Metallica is probably my favorite and Tool.... Tool was more like a experience than a concert.

I get what you mean. Some bands, like Tool, trigger something inside more than just a cool beat to bop your head to. It's amazing how emotive some songs can be, regardless of what the lyrics are. For whatever reason, the first time I listened to 10,000 Days I had a very emotional reaction once The Pot started. I was sitting outside with my headphones on, watching the sunrise and having a cup of tea (very metal). I started the album for the first time and just soaked it in. Then The Pot started and I started crying. WTF? I told my wife and she laughed at me, and now when I think about it I laugh but at the time it just happened and I will not let this lapse of manliness hinder my tough guy image.
  • jawani
    Options
    I have only been to one, and that was to see Paul McCartney play at Yankees Stadium this past July. It was pretty much the greatest night of my life! :-)