Who is your favorite band and why?

Options

Replies

• ncgatorfan
    Options

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers because they're badass and lived in FL.

Land of the Gators, that is - Gainesville, FL. Totally agree! Still rocks to this day!!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Ok... now - I seriously can't choose one band sorry. lol

Metallica - Rock can Rock HARD and I just love their sound always have, always will. However I have to agree Load was a just not right.

Faith No More - I dunno, bit wacky and hit the spot live.

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Saw them at Manchester Uni (england) and fell in love.

Danzig - Glenn Danzig can wrap me in those muscles anyday!

AC/DC - I have a leaning to Bon Scott days but do like some of the newer stuff.

and finally

Kiss - well come on now you don't need to ask. They are truly Epic.
  • porffor
    Options
    Top 2 - Bad Religion & Violent Femmes. Both rock a live show
    Have seen Bad religion a couple of times and they are fab.. my hubby would agree about violent femmes too!
  • porffor
    Options
    I have a few favorite bands. The Damned and Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds are at the top, but they are closely followed by Danko Jones, The Raveonettes, Stellastarr*, The Cramps and Tom Waits. (I'm not indecisive or anything..)
    I love The Damned too :)
  • hefinator
    Options
    tuff question, since my musical tastes are SO wide!!!

I'll go with the following:
    Alice in Chains
    Point One
    Journey
    Kiss
    Slipknot
    Five Finger Death Punch

yup, that covers a broad spectrum of my favorites! :)
  • TigerBlood72
    TigerBlood72 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Right now:
    Silversun Pickups

All-time:
    Pearl Jam
  • grfox66
    Options
    RUSH....no explanation needed
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Rolling Stones
    Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble
    Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
    Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

WHAT!?!? So, I'm old!
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I forgot Hendrix...how in the h3ll could I forget Hendrix!!! Must be the "purple haze all in my brain!"
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Favorites:

The Doors
    Hendrix
    Janis Joplin
    Led Zepplin
    Eric Clapton

Many Many more

Today it's Pink Floyd, i'm listening to Dark Side of the Moon right now

I have no idea how many times I've listened to this album and it never gets old.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Mine would be Avenged Sevenfold. They are amazing, and they always get me through hard times.

They are a good band...and F**cking awesome in concert!!

Wayy too many favs, but my ultimate favorite is Zeppelin. (obviously..haha)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Willie Nelson because I have loved him since I was 5 and it feels like he is just part of my family.

Built to Spill because Doug Martsch is a musical genius. You should seriously check them out.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am more of a Texas Country kind of girl. I love Max Stalling, Brandon Rhyder, Roger Creager, Reckless Kelley...a very talented lot. Their music is not your typical Nashville sound. It has a tendancy to combine country overtones with a rock-a-billy sound. They also have incredible lyrics to songs. :)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    My two favorite bands would be:

Testament - I listened to them religiously when my dad passed away, they really helped me in a very dark time in my life.

and...(for those who know me!)

SLAYER...no reason needed. ;) lol
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Disturbed. Nothing gets me moving like them.

AGREED! Nothing pushes my workouts like Disturbed.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My favorite band is Bush, has been since I was like 12. They were my first favorite band, and I just felt like the music spoke to me in a way. I remember being made fun of in 5th grade when I wore my Bush shirt.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    FOO FIGHTERS... because Dave Grohl :heart:

...and Sublime... yeah, also because of Bradley :cry: RIP
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    U2.

In my mind, this needs no explanation. They are simply the most amazing band. All of their songs are exactly as they should be. No crazy vocals from Bono, no unnecessarily long guitar solos from The Edge. Adam Clayton's bass riffs may be simple but they are perfect for each song, as is Larry Mullen, Jr.'s drumming. They've been going for over 30 years and they show no signs of stopping any time soon. Each album is better than the last, "No Line on the Horizon" was definitely well worth the wait! I could go on and on and on about why they are phenomenal...

This.

Listen to "Moment of Surrender" from NLOTH - this brilliant song was written and recorded in the band's 35th year of existence. No other band has been as good and as meaningful and as important for as long as U2. No other band even comes close.
  • hatchet83
    Options
    Fooo Fighters!!!
    Dave GRHOL is the best frontman in the world!! Ive seen them 11 times and they are a mile ahead of any other band ive ever seen!!!! Slightly obsessed...... :)
  • danacho
    danacho Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Metallica, there the only band that sends a tingle down my spine when they strum that first chord when watching them live!!!