Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sorry bloody meat is gross..
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm odd: I love everything on the spectrum from rare to well done (and charred on the outside), for different reasons.

I think rare or super cooked/crispy taste best, but the texture isn't as nice. I usually order medium rare as I find it to be the nicest texture, even if I don't adore the flavour as much as either extreme.

I wasn't a big fan of beef before I was vegetarian. Then I was veggie for a few years before I had to start eating meat again for medical reasons (long story), and suddenly I was all about beef. So strange.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Lets just say pink is not an acceptable colour. And if theres blood....ugh, no way am I eating that, take it back and actually cook it!
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Cooked. Not a 1/4 of the way, not 1/2 way, but cooked all the way! Freagin vampires.... /:)

(JK...Medium-well)

AGREED!!!!! :):)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Bloody and mooing. Medium rare for burgers, for steaks medium rare to rare. And honestly, if noone is looking, Ill eat some raw ground beef if I have any leftover thats to small to cook up.

Quick note, idk if people actually know this, but the red is not blood. Its actaully the red pigmentation caused by leftover protien called myoglobin, but its not actually the blood itself, just a protein in the blood. I just thought that was interesting
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I like it blue in the centre :) so... rare as rare can be!
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    medium rare, and now i want steak.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I only eat steak about once a year. . . . but when I do get it, I want it grass-fed, medium rare, properly rested, and served with lots of veg.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    If a good veterinarian can't get it up and mooing again, it's overdone.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Medium Rare, I will eat rare if it is served that way, but prefer it pink in the middle.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Like in "Dances With Wolves" when Kevin Costner eats buffalo heart handed to him by the Native American. Yummmmm...
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I like mine blue, thats a step below rare.. its basically raw in the middle.. it grosses some people out but i love it!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    medium rare, baby... bloody but warm throughout with a tish of salt a sweet potato and a side salad :)

DITTO...OH AND A LITTLE BLUE CHEESE ON THE SIDE SALAD PLEASE!