Band most people love but you just can't get with

Options

Replies

• 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    John Mayer (how did nobody list this one yet?)
    Dave Matthews Band - so happy to see so many who agree!
    Beyonce - incredibly talented but I just can't stand her music
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'll second (or third?) Adele. I just don't like her facial structure I guess. I feel like she insists upon herself. No denying her talent, I just can't look at her.

Nickleback as well, Paramore, Katy Perry, Pitbull, and Beyonce.

I'm sure there are many more, those are just the few that come to mind.
  • leopardlushh
    Options
    Nickleback... flame away.

There are people that LIKE Nickleback? That can't be possible.

10 years??!?!?!?? SOMEHOW they have been on the radio for 10 years. I cannot figure it out.

NIckleback, Nickleback, oh and Nickleback. Most wannabe rock band. I cringe when my rock station plays it:devil:
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    Can't stand Coldplay for the life of me...........Yuck!

EDIT: I find it funny that some of the most succesful bands have the most haters.....lol
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Maroon 5. I want to like them but I just haven't found anything interesting enough yet. I'll keep trying maybe. LOL
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    U2.

I will not deny their talent, and they have two songs I like. But other than that, for me.... no. I'm sorry but no.
    Not for this gal.

Also....somebody had a thread tonight(rightfully) mocking Nickleback. Do you realize that these guys have been on the radio for 10 years now? REALLY? HOW?

OMG as soon as i read the title I was thinking U2!!!

Some others:
    -Nirvana
    -Coldplay
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I am surprised so many people don't like Bon Jovi, U2, The Beatles and Cold Play. Each to their own I suppose. The bands I don't get are the rap bands..such as Will.I.am and Eminem...I HATE rap with a passion. I also don't feel any love for Lady Gaga either so she gets my vote too!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I genuinely don't know anyone who DOES like Nickleback or Coldplay. Or if I do then nobody's admitting it.

I HATE Adele. She just sounds...bad.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    :laugh: Another vote for Coldplay - depress the crap out of me
    Micheal Jackson - I just never got him at all, and he scared the crap out of me
    Dire Straits - Bored the crap out of me
    Whitney Houston - I dont care if you can sing 29 octaves or whatever, it sounds awful, shut up!
    Leona Lewis - sounds like a baby seal being clubbed over the head

There, I feel better now!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options

The one I can't stand (flame retardant applied to my monitor) was Michael Jackson. His crap was just that....CRAP.

Yup me too. Also add to that for me is Beyonce - voice like nails down a blackboard. Anything it that loosely defined (now) genre R&B too :-)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    OOOh I could be here all day so I'll just second Katy Perry too and leave it. She is so annoying, it's been done before. You'll never be a Britney, a Madonna or a Pink so just do us all a favour and join the dole queue now instead of the inevitable slide there in a couple of years, YUCK!! **Wow, only my second post of the day, I should go and lie down and think about what I've said**
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I think when we start judging *music* on the basis of *facial structure* the record labels have won. That's so sad.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    the two that come to mind right now: Lady Gaga and Miranda Lambert. Seriously, what is up with Miranda Lambert???? how can she win so many awards. I don't get what people love about her.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I think when we start judging *music* on the basis of *facial structure* the record labels have won. That's so sad.

Completely agree...
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    nickleback.
  • Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nicki Minaj, Drake, Pitbull and U2 are all awful.

I do <3 Nickelback though lol. So there!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,420 Member
    Options
    When I first saw this title Dave Matthews came immediately to mind. I hate them with a passion! Then I started reading other bands going oh, I hate THEM too! Here's my list now

Dave Matthews Band
    Neil Young
    Grateful Dead
    Jimmy Buffett ( I live in Florida, dear God, do you know how much I have to hear him????)
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Taylor Swift
    Pink Floyd
    Eric Clapton
    Beyonce (may be beautiful and have a good voice, but hate the songs-except Single Ladies and that's because of Glee!)

And I love the Black Eyed Peas-except live. They are awful then. Their music is some of my favorite to workout to. And I am howling with laughter over the description of Leona Lewis (baby seal getting clubbed over the head!!).

O.K., flame away!
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Nickleback... flame away.

yes! everything sounds the same to me...and you U2 hater's i agree with their new crap, but the older stuff is still epic in my mind.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    The Doors
    Beach Boys
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Not a band, but I hate dubstep. It should not even be considered music.
    As far as bands go, people my age seem to love bands like Asking Alexandria, August Burns Red, etc. I just find their music (and I use that term loosely) annoying.