Band most people love but you just can't get with

Options

Replies

• StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    John Mayer (how did nobody list this one yet?)

I agree, can't turn the radio off fast enough

U2
    Pearl Jam
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you love to hate popular music, you guys should check out Todd In The Shadows. He does reviews of the chart-topping hits that just suck.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/tis/tpsr
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Never been a Coldplay fan. They were overplayed and I guess I just got sick of hearing them.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    oh man I forget DMB

AWFUL

My ex husband used to have them "play at frat parties when was in college" so he made me listen to that **** constantly.

UGH UGH UGH

That's mine, too! The DMB used be the house band at a bar I frequented in my early 20's. (Trax!) They were OK as a bar band doing mostly cover songs. But I hate their original music. Especially 'Ants Marching'!
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Green Day
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree!
    Adele is a lyrical beast, and can sing her booty off :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Add me to the Nickelback un-fan list.

I shudder to call Nicki Minaj and Drake "artists" let alone bands.
  • skinnny1day
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band.

BLAHHHHH
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think Nickelback doesn't exactly qualify for the category of "band most people love." :tongue: :laugh: Poor Nickelback. We went to a concert they were headlining, but it was because we wanted to see Sick Puppies and Shinedown. We left during the break before Nickelback took the stage...
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Not a band, but I hate dubstep. It should not even be considered music.

Dubstep... Sounds like two transformers having aggressive sex!!

HATE HATE HATE Bon Jovi! Only because my ex was obsessed with them and that's the only music played ever
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Skillet - several people in my life like them, but I don't listen to them much, and when someone says, "Oh, this is Skillet," all I can think is, "I'm hungry for pancakes."
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I won't comment. I am not really objective on this subject since there is very little non-Christian music that I do like .. enjoying this thread though:happy:
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sugarland.
    Every time I hear them, my blood pressure goes up and I would rather slit my throat than have to endure another second of their noise.
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think when we start judging *music* on the basis of *facial structure* the record labels have won. That's so sad.

Excuse me for forgetting to press the sarcasm key. Next time I'll be sure not to voice an opinion unless it's been cleared by a higher being.

Many pardons your majesty.
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    Pearl Jam.

Couldn't stand them back in the day, and still turn the channel every time they come on. Much to my husband's dismay.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson was a huge one for me too.

I actually like some of the more prevalent artists listed on here that you guys hate though lol.

But, the one that came to mind first...when I read the thread title, was Avenged Sevenfold.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Coldplay
    The Rolling Stones
    ...and most of songs from The Beatles.

:sick:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

But, the one that came to mind first...when I read the thread title, was Avenged Sevenfold.

Oh my god, really?! :sad: This may end our relationship, Cris....
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Nickleback... flame away.

yes! everything sounds the same to me...and you U2 hater's i agree with their new crap, but the older stuff is still epic in my mind.

*ditto*