Sixers Love Yourself Challenge

Options
Okay gals...time for a new challenge. As discussed, this is called the "Love Yourself" Challenge as loving yourself is an important aspect of any weightloss program. Plus...it will take us to the Tuesday after Valentines Day! Here's what we're going to do:

1. Weigh in Tuesdays (when we start our new weekly thread) and Fridays (to motivate ourselves for the weekend).

2. Share something everyday or as often as we can that we love about ourselves!

3. Aim to lose another 15-20% of our weight left to lose. So, if you have 40 pounds left to lose, 40 X 0.2 (20%) = 8 pounds to lose during this challenge or 1.4 pounds per week.

4. Let's continue to post our meals and exercise daily.

5. I think measurements are a great thing also...so let's use the measurements from the Final Sixers Holiday Challenge weigh in and then re-measure at the end of the challenge.

6. Let's continue to motivate each other! WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS!!!!!

**As a side note, I have some personal things going on in my life right now that I am not yet comfortable sharing with the group. I will not be weighing in and my goals will be a little different, but I will be on here daily as usual motivating and cheering everyone on! Talk to you all tomorrow!!!**

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay gals...time for a new challenge. As discussed, this is called the "Love Yourself" Challenge as loving yourself is an important aspect of any weightloss program. Plus...it will take us to the Tuesday after Valentines Day! Here's what we're going to do:

1. Weigh in Tuesdays (when we start our new weekly thread) and Fridays (to motivate ourselves for the weekend).

2. Share something everyday or as often as we can that we love about ourselves!

3. Aim to lose another 15-20% of our weight left to lose. So, if you have 40 pounds left to lose, 40 X 0.2 (20%) = 8 pounds to lose during this challenge or 1.4 pounds per week.

4. Let's continue to post our meals and exercise daily.

5. I think measurements are a great thing also...so let's use the measurements from the Final Sixers Holiday Challenge weigh in and then re-measure at the end of the challenge.

6. Let's continue to motivate each other! WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS!!!!!

**As a side note, I have some personal things going on in my life right now that I am not yet comfortable sharing with the group. I will not be weighing in and my goals will be a little different, but I will be on here daily as usual motivating and cheering everyone on! Talk to you all tomorrow!!!**
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    can i join? :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You sure can sweetie! But I don't think there will be too many people on until tomorrow when it technically starts. I usually just post day early so everyone can find it in the morning!
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    sounds good. i usually weigh in on tuesday anyways! (it gives me a day to recover from the weekend!)
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I need to be in a challenge group as well and this one sounds great. I will be thinking of something that I love about myself to post tomarrow with my chech in. It's so easy to find something about someone else that I think is great, but really hard for myself! HH
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well Hopefully I can do this one better than I did the holiday challenge. I wont let anything stand in my way this time. So my goal will be 10 lbs by valentines day. I hope I can do it. I have been trying to for the last 2 challenges and havent made it yet LOL.

Connie
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Getting a post in now so I can find it again in the morning!

Connie, you sure can!!

To our two new members, can you tell us a little something about yourselves? Welcome to the sixers!

Kristin, thanks for getting us started :wink:

Shall we start a new list of names for checking in? I'll do so and please copy, paste then add yourself when you check in so we can keep a running list of who's here!!

KRISTIN *I'm putting your name because you're here but I know you're on a different track so I will leave this blank*
    CONNIE SW_____ / GW _____ /CW _____ / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    RHIANNON SW 173 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 173lbs / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs

My goal is slightly over 20% because the couple of lbs I put on over the holidays should come off more easily and 165 is a nice solid number. I am basing my start weight on today's weigh-in (172.8) but we'll see what tomorrow's says! I've been fluctuating a lot lately so I may stick with 173 because yesterday was 172 and tomorrow will be off due to sodium, I suspect.

Looking REALLY forward to my meals tomorrow. Should be a good one!

1. homemade pumpkin apple oatmeal (see recipe below)
    2. vanilla ice cream flavoured whey protein shake made w/ 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water
    3. 1.5 cups raw broccoli w/ 2 tbsp hummus, 1 gala apple & 10 almonds
    4. 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ 2 tbsp hummus & 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts, 1 cup skim milk
    5. spinach & cranberry-stuffed chicken breast over quinoa
    6. homemade crazy healthy chocolate pudding (3/4 cup organic plain fat-free yogurt, 1/2 med banana, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder mixed in mini food processor)

I'll be doing a lot of walking tomorrow and I'll also be doing a 1 hr interval class (5 minutes of step cardio then 5 minutes of free weights for 1 hour).
    I tried this choreographed weight training class tonight which I really enjoyed but it wasn't ANYTHING like the BodyPump classes that I miss so very much. They don't offer them in my province - not on the island anyway - but I really liked it and will definitely go back. I'm going to really hit the frequency of my work-outs hard for a couple of weeks to get my system moving again and then I'll see what my schedule allows.

Well, time to go spend some quality time with the hubby. My little guy goes for his first dentist appointment tomorrow morning which I'm both excited and nervous about. My daughter has never been (she's desperately worried about it so we haven't pushed it but now that it's a year past when she ought to have gone for her first peek she needs to get more comfortable) so this is the first time I'll be taking my child to a dentist. Now that her brother is going, Ava is excited to make her own appointment. Funny how these little milestones really mean something though :heart: I'm a mush :smile:

Yay for new challenges. Hope to see all my sixers here in the morning!!! :smooched:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Didn't post recipe:

serves 2
    2 cups water (bring to a gentle boil)
    reduce heat to medium-low, add 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree & stir to combine
    stir in 1 cup rolled oats (not quick oats), 1 generous tsp cinnamon, 1 dash pumpkin pie spice, 2 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup (pure). Cook aprx 7 minutes or until oats are fluffy and soft.
    About 2-3 minutes before cooking is complete stir in 1 cored, coarsely chopped apple (skin on!) & complete cooking, stirring occasionally.

Serve w/ 1/4 cup skim milk or unsweetened almond / soy / rice milk. In database under Pumpkin Apple Oatmeal.
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rhiannon and Kristen. Here are my starting stats for this week.

KRISTIN *I'm putting your name because you're here but I know you're on a different track so I will leave this blank*
    SHANELL SW 212.5 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 212.5/ PROGRESS +/- 0 lbs

Like you Connie, I've been aiming for 199 to be below 200 and haven't made it yet either, but at least on a positive note, I've pretty much maintained during these challenges, that's better than going all the way back up.

Food for today:
    B- 1 1/4 cp rice krispies w/half whole milk and water(my version of skim, LOL)
    S- Instant Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal
    L- Healthy Choice Chicken Alfredo
    S- ?
    D- Banquet Pot Roast in the Crockpot and cornbread
    S- ?

Exercise will be another walk around our duck pond today.

Positive note: I am aiming for a healthy new year and new me. I am able to fit in my jeans that I had outgrown last year.

Welcome to the 2 new girls and anyone else who joins. These girls are amazing and will help you go through anything.

Have a wonderful day. Later.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    CATHY SW 209 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 209/ PROGRESS 0 lbs

Welcome newbies :flowerforyou: you will love us. we are such a fun and supporting group......:bigsmile:
    nothing on the agenda for today. daily cleaning up, exercise (at home), no much else. i think i might go through my den today and get rid of some things. planning a yard sale for th spring.

off for some breakfast.
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    CATHY SW 209 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 209/ PROGRESS 0 lbs
    Em SW 160 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 151.2 lbs / Progress +/- 0lbs

Hey ladies! I am new... my overall goal is to get back to my pre-fast food weight 125 lbs. I am a PhD student (so clearly money and time are tight :smile: ... so fast food is ALWAYS a struggle to avoid). I got a puppy for Christmas from my bf so that has got me up early walking (a step in the right direction)... me and the other girls in my apt building have started making healthy dinners ... so that will be great (I have no idea what's on the menu tonight though!)

Today:
    1 slice of banana bread (210 cals)
    1 protein bar
    WATER WATER WATER
    coffee, honey whole wheat bagel, egg, 1 slice of swiss cheese

(lots of carbs... but that's what is in the fridge for today... hopefully tonight i'll be able to fill up on veggies and protein!)

have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Good morning luvahs!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! 45*, rainy and gray. In a rush, I forgot my ulcer meds and now can't stomach my morning coffee. I didn't sleep well and I have a cough that is really annoying. Although I should be :grumble: I'm actually feeling pretty :smile: . Know why? Cause I woke up this morning breathing, and I have a house to keep me warm and dry, and a sweet kiddo who is not a morning person (just like her mama), and a car to drive the kiddo to daycare and me to work, and a job to work at, and a bunch of really great coworkers. Plus I have on a new outfit (in a smaller size than I've worn in ten years) and I get to go to the gym today. So what's to complain about? (Don't let me lie to you... I have plenty to complain about :laugh: but I'm choosing to be positive and keep focused on having a happy life.)

I'm so in for the Love Yourself Challenge. Adding to the list.... although I'll add official numbers later.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    CONNIE
    SW_____ / GW _____ /CW _____ / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    RHIANNON ----SW 173 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 173lbs / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    SHANELL
    SW 212.5 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 212.5/ PROGRESS +/- 0 lbs
    CATHY
    SW 209 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 209/ PROGRESS 0 lbs
    EM
    SW 160 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 151.2 lbs / Progress +/- 0lbs
    LAURYN
    SW____ / GW _____/ CW _____/ PROGRESS +/-0lbs
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    love it lauryn....that's it, i hope your day goes well starting it with a bright smile on your face and a bright outlook. you just made my day brighter and i thank you for that. things i don't think about to be grateful for. thanks.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    love it lauryn....that's it, i hope your day goes well starting it with a bright smile on your face and a bright outlook. you just made my day brighter and i thank you for that. things i don't think about to be grateful for. thanks.

Cathy, I hope your day goes wonderfully well too!!

I use to be so negative.... "realistic", as I'd call it. Then I started to realize that if I want a happy life, I needed to change my outlook, because happiness is what we make it to be.

One of my favorite quotes, posted at my cube at work...

Sister, there were people who went to sleep last night,
    Poor and rich and white and black,
    But they will never wake again.
    And those dead folks would give anything at all for just
    five minutes of this weather or ten minutes of plowing.
    So you watch yourself about complaining.
    What you're supposed to do when you don't like a thing is change it.
    If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

--- Maya Angelou, quoting her grandmother

I mean, is there a more perfect way to say it? BE THANKFUL FOR LIFE. If something sucks, CHANGE IT or QUIT YOUR BELLY ACHING. (Which is what spurred me to put out or shut up when it came to my own weight.) And if you can't change it, CHANGE YOUR MINDSET. Choose to be happy.

I still have my pity-party days, we all do. But they are fewer and farther apart now, and I'm a much more energetic, dynamic person now. Happy, upbeat, ready to take on the world. :bigsmile:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    great outlook. i am going to copy that and put it on my screen saver. it really does make a difference on your outlook of life. i find when i am around down/negative people i become that way. in this new year i will walk away from these people. i don't need that in my life. i like the change what you can and try to understand what you can't change. at least the reasoning of why. have you ever read the book "the secret"? good book, makes you think. it's about the law of attraction. you get what you attract i strongly beleive that.
    have a good day at work......:bigsmile: rephrase that...you WILL have a GREAT day at work...:bigsmile:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi Ladies :smile:

Can I just say how much I have missed you all??? WOW! So ready to get back into this routine..!!

Lauryn..Thank you SO much for your positive post..That put a huge smile on my face, and I hope your day continues to be great! You are very right about the mindset...I will follow your advice :smile:

So, Love Yourself Challenge..What I love about myself- I love that I am such a passionate person and willing to work for what I want in life..being ambitious and tenacious about the future I want for my daughter and I.

For this challenge I will have a weight goal and a personal goal..

Weight goal - lose 8lbs in 6 weeks..which is 1.3lbs/week. Starting at 172.8lbs and ending at 164.8lbs. That would take me down a little over 20% of my remaining goal (32.8lbs left).

Personal goal- To learn what I love about myself and work on what I don't love about myself. Each day I will wake up with a smile on my face and be grateful..because there are some people who do not get that chance!

So as of this Friday I will be on my own financially..!! I am scared, but yet very ready and prepared. My daughter's father is moving out finally. He and I have not been romantically involved in over 2 years, but he has been living with me supporting me financially so I can continue full time at school. We have decided what is best for our daughter now is for he and I to not be under the same roof, I can afford to support my daughter and I since I am using all my student resources now. It is time for him to move on, and this is the best way for him to. I have decided to just renew my lease at my apt here at this point. I am very excited to move into this next phase of my life. :drinker:

CONNIE
    SW_____ / GW _____ /CW _____ / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    SHANELL
    CATHY
    EM
    LAURYN
    Katy
    SW 172.8/ GW 164.8/ CW 172.8/ PROGRESS 0 lbs

Welcome new ladies!! This is a fantastic support group and very encouraging!! Good luck and have a great day everyone!!

:heart:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    wow. looking @ all of your tickers / profiles is such motivation. everyone has done so well! :flowerforyou: looking forward to being a part of the challenge! :bigsmile:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    CONNIE
    SW264 / GW 258 /CW 264 / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    SHANELL
    CATHY
    EM
    LAURYN
    Katy

I went to my bellies booties and biceps class today . I burned 375 calories. Sometimes I think she is trying to kill us there. LOL.... I actually did 25 pushups today of course they were on my knees but taht is better than nothing. I also did a new plank today which I am so proud of. It is hard so I only did 4 of them. I hope I can finally get over this plauteau I have been on forever it seems.

Connie
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I went to my bellies booties and biceps class today . I burned 375 calories. Sometimes I think she is trying to kill us there. LOL.... I actually did 25 pushups today of course they were on my knees but taht is better than nothing. I also did a new plank today which I am so proud of. It is hard so I only did 4 of them. I hope I can finally get over this plauteau I have been on forever it seems.

Holy cow, Connie, you did 25 pushups!!! :noway: I can do like 5. :laugh: I did yoga for a while, so I can hold plank for about 25 secs at a time, but I cannot manage pushups. (And yes, I do "girl pushups" on my knees too, lol.) YOU ROCK CONNIE!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    CONNIE
    SW264 / GW 258 /CW 264 / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    SHANELL
    CATHY
    EM
    LAURYN
    Katy
    Robin
    SW 193 lbs / GW 185 lbs / CW 193 lbs / PROGRESS 0

Also throwing in my measurements...
    U.Arm 14 (L) 13.5 (R)
    Bust 41
    Waist 39.
    Hips 45.5
    Thigh 28.75 (L) 28.75 (R)
    Total inches= 210.50

Today, I loved about myself, my ability to bite my tongue. I really wanted to snipe at DH because the van was on empty when he drove home last night, and I had to fill it in -6 degree weather this morning. Instead, I didn't say a word. Just turned on the fireplace when I got home :happy: