Sixers Love Yourself Challenge

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Wow Katy, I am so proud of you! I should talk to you so I can get over my fears of financial sustainability as a single mom. (I'm at the start of that path myself and scared to death.)

You know what I love so much about MFP and my Sixers? We are all so real. Down to earth. Problem ridden and honest. It's actually incredibly motivating! If other people can be going through their own personal hell and continue to lose weight, then why can't I? And when I stumble, everyone picks me up with a smile on their face, because they have been there themselves. I :heart: it here!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I went to my bellies booties and biceps class today . I burned 375 calories. Sometimes I think she is trying to kill us there. LOL.... I actually did 25 pushups today of course they were on my knees but taht is better than nothing. I also did a new plank today which I am so proud of. It is hard so I only did 4 of them. I hope I can finally get over this plauteau I have been on forever it seems.

Holy cow, Connie, you did 25 pushups!!! :noway: I can do like 5. :laugh: I did yoga for a while, so I can hold plank for about 25 secs at a time, but I cannot manage pushups. (And yes, I do "girl pushups" on my knees too, lol.) YOU ROCK CONNIE!!

Thanks, I can hold a plank for about 10 seconds but today these were differents. You start out in plank position on your arms and then walk your hands up to push up position and then rotate one arm up to the ceiling and bring it back down and the rotate the other arm up to the ceiling and bring it back down and then walk your hands back down to plank position on your arms, Some of the girls were able to actually add a pushup in there but I didnt do the pushup.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sounds like we have a good group started! As I stated...no weigh-ins for me. But I am here are ready to go. I will be focusing on getting in some good foods...looking more at quality rather than quantity!

And today...I LOVE that I am feeling good and motivated to make good choices today!!!

What do you gals LOVE today??
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    KRISTIN
    CONNIE
    SW264 / GW 258 /CW 264 / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    RHIANNON ----SW 173 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 173lbs / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    SHANELL
    SW 212.5 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 212.5/ PROGRESS +/- 0 lbs
    CATHY
    SW 209 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 209/ PROGRESS 0 lbs
    EM
    SW 160 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 151.2 lbs / Progress +/- 0lbs
    LAURYN
    SW____ / GW _____/ CW _____/ PROGRESS +/-0lbs
    Katy
    SW 172.8/ GW 164.8/ CW 172.8/ PROGRESS 0 lbs
    Robin
    SW 193 lbs / GW 185 lbs / CW 193 lbs / PROGRESS 0
    Heidi
    SW165lbs / GW 155 lbs / CW 165 / Progress +/- 0lbs

I hope it is ok to join your group. This sounds so great and I could use the help.

:heart: What I love about myself is that I am a good listener. People call me all day and I day to talk and even though I may have problems I just listen to them and help. I love to do it.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    KRISTIN
    CONNIE
    RHIANNON ----SW 172.6 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 172.6lbs / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    SHANELL
    CATHY
    EM
    LAURYN
    Katy
    Robin
    Heidi

Good morning ladies!

Lauryn, your post put a big old smile on my face too!! Thanks for that!

Katy, congrats on this big step! That's WONDERFUL!

Hello new members! You'll find a great deal of support here!

Cathy, Robin, Shanell, Kristin, GOOD MORNING!!

Connie, good for you for the class! In one of my classes we do 3 planks for 45 sec each and I couldn't believe I could do them all. It's a GREAT feeling to meet those milestones eh?!

Alright, time to get ready for my little guy's dentist appointment - just had to check in!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Sorry I have been MIA... Computer crashed... garage door broke.... chad got stuck out of town because of the weather! It has been crazy!!!! I have missed you all!
    Lauyrn -what a wonderful thing to read this afternoon!!! Thank you!
    Katy - what an inspiration you are....
    Pedal - I am stealing your food for today for my tomorrow! Sounds fantastic!
    Kristin thanks for helping me find y'all! Good luck with your new plans!

I love that I have gotten more involved with you folks again! Great motivators! = )
    My goal is to start taking classes at the gym at 530am instead of being tethered to a machine! Figured next week would be a good starting point - the new year resolution folks that fizzzle will probably be gone by then. (Is that terrible?)
    KRISTIN
    CONNIE
    SHANELL
    CATHY
    EM
    LAURYN
    Katy
    Robin
    Heidi
    Becky
    SW146.4lbs/GW 140lbs/CW 146.4/Progress+/- 0lbs

Have a great one! Becky
  • connieq288
    Options
    Coming up with something that I love about myself is hard. Its not that I dont love myself Ijust cant really think of anything. Does that sound bad?

Connie
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    LMBO Becky... I do hate going to the Y in January! For just that reason. By Feb it's mostly back to normal. I would imagine if you are going to 5:30 or 6 am classes those probably won't be swamped... lol
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Coming up with something that I love about myself is hard. Its not that I dont love myself Ijust cant really think of anything. Does that sound bad?

Connie

Connie, that's why I suggested it as part of our challenge. It is sometimes hard to see the good things about ourselves. Some ideas for starters... Do you love how you interact with your kids? Do you love the way you cook? Do you love the way your hair looks? Do you love the fact that you've pushed yourself out of your comfort zone and are now taking care of yourself by eating good healthy foods and exercising to make yourself well?

As you can see, I've had lots of practice! I had a roommate in college who would always put herself down-- things like I'm so stupid, or I'm sick of my hair. We finally made a deal that every time she put herself down, she had to come up with three things she liked about herself... The way I look at it, you can like/love anything about yourself, even if it seems superficial, like.... um... I like the way my lips look, because they are a nice pink color, and I don't need lipstick... Sometimes (ok.. most of the time) the superficial ones are easier for me than the mental ones, the ones like Lauryn came up with earlier... lol
  • connieq288
    Options
    For starters then I love the fact that I have lost 33 lbs so far.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME Connie!!!!

I am just on my lunch break and VERY hungry! Hope you're all having a good day so far!
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    For starters then I love the fact that I have lost 33 lbs so far.

See... wasn't so hard was it? I guarantee by the end of the month, it'll be easier!

Great job Connie, on the weight loss! Not to mention everyone else in the sexy sixers group! From what I see, even if we didn't lose big... we didn't gain big either over the holidays!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    KRISTIN
    CONNIE
    SHANELL
    CATHY
    EM
    LAURYN
    Katy
    Robin
    Heidi
    Becky
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/GW 188lbs/CW 198 /Progress+/- 0lbs

Hello Sixers!

I am sooo happy to be starting a new challenge with all of you. I have really been MIA/lurking on the last 2 challenges. For some reason I never really wanted to give up all of you. I am ready to get back into the game! Full force!

I feel like I need to connect with everyone today!

Welcome to all our newbies! :flowerforyou: This is a great bunch of ladies! Always supportive, great listeners! Super motivators! That is what I LOVE about all of you!

Connie- we are going for the same goal! Lets lean on each other!
    Pedal- I am looking forward to trying that oatmeal soon!
    Shannell- Congrats on fitting into the old, smaller pants. Those milestones make me more motivated than the scale most of the time!
    Lauryn- I am loving the positive outlook! Its fantastic!
    Cathy- you, too, always seem to have a positive and optimistic outlook on life! You dont let anything bring you down! Love it!
    Katy- Itsnt it great how our confidence in other areas(such as your successful weightloss) spills out to other area's of our lives. Living on your own as a single parent will be wonderful for both you and your daughter! Congrats on that big step in your life!
    Robin- thanks for suggesting we share a love for ourselves everyday! Great idea!
    Kristin- Thanks for all you do for these challenges!
    Becky- I , too, have been MIA but have found my way back and am excited! Welcome back!

What do I love about myself today? Like Connie, I have a hard time with this! I love that today I am feeling motivated to eat right and exercise!

Have a good day everyone!:happy:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    since i posted this morning i have been trying to think of something i love about myself, :grumble: so here goes (kinda superficial... but an easy one to start with :happy: ) i love my hair... because it is a crazy curly mess... that looks best when it hasn't been washed in 2 days :noway: and i just rolled out of bed... (the one thing i don't need to do in the am) :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    KRISTIN
    CONNIE
    SHANELL
    CATHY
    EM
    LAURYN
    SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / PROGRESS +/-0lbs
    Katy
    Robin
    Heidi
    Becky
    Amy
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi all,

Wow!!! What a great group of people to start out the new challenge. OK, Here we go.

Kristen, Hope everything is well with you.
    Katy, From what I have learned about you during our challenges is that you can do whatever you put your mind to. I'm sure you do fine on your own. You go girl:happy:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    KRISTIN
    CONNIE
    SHANELL
    CATHY
    EM
    LAURYN
    SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / PROGRESS +/-0lbs
    Katy
    Robin
    Heidi
    Becky
    Amy
    Deb
    SW202.4/GW 194.4 lbs/CW 202.4/Progress 0lbs.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    WOO man I'm working hard this week! Tough master class Saturday, weight training class yesterday, interval class tonight, advanced choreography step class tomorrow then a rest (finally!) on Thursday! I may or may not do bosu on Friday. We'll see how my body (and my family!) feel about that. I just really feel like I have to slam things back into gear. I've been so slack lately and I'm done with it. It doesn't suit me!

I liked when we used to offer up little challenges to each other and I'd like to initiate that again!:

I CHALLENGE EACH OF YOU TO TRY A BRAND NEW KIND OF EXERCISE IN THE NEXT WEEK!! Whether it's a new class, a new at-home strength work-out (you can find TONS of them online - look places like oxygenmag.com/training) :bigsmile:

So, something I love about myself: I have a huge heart and although it can cause me difficulty (being pretty sensitive) it allows me expansive joy and I can offer a lot to those who matter to me! :heart: :heart:

Amy, SO glad to see you and glad you're bringing your A-Game!! Looking forward to seeing what you can do :drinker: :wink:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hey Sixers!!

So if you read my post tonight on the final weigh in for Sixers Holiday Challenge, I stupidly forgot it was Tuesday until about 20 minutes ago!! So I will be weighing in tomorrow morning. I am actually looking forward to starting classes again on the 20th so that I have my brain back!! LOL. :laugh:

Anyway, Lauryn I saw your Maya Angelou inspirational poem and it reminded me of one that I also love by her so I thought I would share it for our Love Yourself Challenge and because to me, you ALL are Phenomenal Women!!!!!! Be back tomorrow morning to do my official check in.

Phenomenal Woman

by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
    I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
    But when I start to tell them,
    They think I'm telling lies.
    I say,
    It's in the reach of my arms
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

I walk into a room
    Just as cool as you please,
    And to a man,
    The fellows stand or
    Fall down on their knees.
    Then they swarm around me,
    A hive of honey bees.
    I say,
    It's the fire in my eyes,
    And the flash of my teeth,
    The swing in my waist,
    And the joy in my feet.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
    What they see in me.
    They try so much
    But they can't touch
    My inner mystery.
    When I try to show them,
    They say they still can't see.
    I say,
    It's in the arch of my back,
    The sun of my smile,
    The ride of my breasts,
    The grace of my style.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

Now you understand
    Just why my head's not bowed.
    I don't shout or jump about
    Or have to talk real loud.
    When you see me passing
    It ought to make you proud.
    I say,
    It's in the click of my heels,
    The bend of my hair,
    The palm of my hand,
    The need for my care,
    'Cause I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    AmyLou, nice poem! I know the feeling about wanting to get back to routine!

Here is my meal plan for tomorrow:

1. Yet again, the pumpkin apple oatmeal. LOVE IT!!
    2. vanilla ice cream whey protein shake made w/ skim milk
    3. scrambled egg whites w/ skim milk cheese & salsa, 1 cup chopped broccoli & 1 apple
    4. 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ 2 tbsp hummus, 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
    5. 1/2 meal cranberry spinach ricotta-stuffed chicken breast over quinoa (left-overs!!)
    6. baked coho salmon fillet (3 oz) and 1/2 cup cooked brown basmati rice w/ lemon & dill
    7. crazy healthy chocolate "pudding" (plain FF yogurt, choc protein powder, almond butter, banana all pureed)

I'll have my advanced step choreography class which is usually a big calorie burn.

Good night sixers!! :smooched:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Here are my beginning measurements for this challenge.

Beginning Stats:
    Weight- 213
    Height- 5'5"
    Upper arm- 13.5"
    Bust- 43"
    Waist- 41.5"
    Hips- 47.5"
    Thigh- 26"
    Total- 171.5"

I started working out on Monday. I walked 30 minutes Monday, walked 45 minutes on Tuesday, and this morning I did the Shred 1 on Demand. Boy that Shred is a killer. But I did finish the whole thing, but realized that this is not for big busted women. I need to find a better supporting bra just to do jumping jacks, :laugh: Well, gotta get the kiddos ready for school and head to work. Have a wonderful day everyone and I'll talk to ya'll's later. :glasses: