Sixers Love Yourself Challenge

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals! It's a new day! AmyLou...that's for the poem...LOVE it!

Last night was 1/2 hour on the elliptical and 45 minute Step class! Tonight is 1/2 hour run and 1 hour BodyPump class!

Today I LOVE my energy...I have TONS of it for some reason! :bigsmile:

Have a FABULOUS morning ladies!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good job shanell, keep it up....:flowerforyou:
    amylou nice poem....what's brain power:wink: haha
    deb...doing good keep it up
    katy...wow where do you get the will power to just keep going
    pedal...work it girl....it's been hard at the gym this week getting back into the groove again.

my *love* for today is...i like my legs.....

well, off to shower, already been to gym, son IS having his surgery today at 2:30. need to get lunch packed and snacks and and and. never ends LOL

off to begin my day
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    morning ladies! :bigsmile: i am wicked excited (i lost another lb) ... I wasn't going to weigh in again untill friday BUT... I just felt good this morning so I figured why not? :bigsmile: anyways i had a caribou coffee caramel high rise bar for bfast... and some fruit.... lunch will be a whole wheat bagel with turkey, swiss, lots of veggies and fat free honey mustard (yummmmm) .... almonds / green beans are for snacks... and finally for dinner I am making spicy chicken-veggie soup for the friends and bf. :happy: As a challenge my friends and I have decided to integrate strength traning into our tv time.... push ups, squats, lunges, crunches, etc. during every commercial break (i am soooo wicked sore today, LOVE it) ... you don't realise how much you have done untill the nest morning! :bigsmile: have a great day everyone!!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Cathy, I'll send good thoughts for your son this morning!
    Shanell, I constantly battle the bra issue! Gladly that area is shrinking for me but I was an E or F when I started this and my skin isn't catching up to my size loss so I've got a lot to have moving around. It's hard to find a really supportive sports bra but SO important. I get really bad headaches if I work out in one that isn't the BEST.
    SBB1, great for you for taking advantage of work out time!
    Kristin, YAY for lots of energy! :bigsmile:

We're off to the museum today - it's by donation. We live in the capital city so the provincial museum is here and actually just a couple of blocks from our house. Should be fun!
    TTYL!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal Woman
    by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
    I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
    But when I start to tell them,
    They think I'm telling lies.
    I say,
    It's in the reach of my arms
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

I walk into a room
    Just as cool as you please,
    And to a man,
    The fellows stand or
    Fall down on their knees.
    Then they swarm around me,
    A hive of honey bees.
    I say,
    It's the fire in my eyes,
    And the flash of my teeth,
    The swing in my waist,
    And the joy in my feet.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
    What they see in me.
    They try so much
    But they can't touch
    My inner mystery.
    When I try to show them,
    They say they still can't see.
    I say,
    It's in the arch of my back,
    The sun of my smile,
    The ride of my breasts,
    The grace of my style.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

Now you understand
    Just why my head's not bowed.
    I don't shout or jump about
    Or have to talk real loud.
    When you see me passing
    It ought to make you proud.
    I say,
    It's in the click of my heels,
    The bend of my hair,
    The palm of my hand,
    The need for my care,
    'Cause I'm a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That's me.

Oh AmyLou, THANK YOU for posting that. Such a beautiful sentiment for me to read today. Hell yes we are all phenomenal women!!:drinker:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I did my step class this morning and burned 575 calories and then I just got done with the 30 day shred and burned another 222 calories. BTW I guess the shred will be my new exercise because I just got it yesterday. I have Bosu tomorrow. I really want one of them here for the house. Maybe in a few months I can get one. I just finished my 3rd bottle of water so 60 ozs down already. YEA ME. I really need some help breaking through this plauteau I am on. I have been working my butt off these last 2 weeks and still nothing. I know it will be soon, I can feel it ( or maybe thats just wishful thinking)

Connie
  • PedalHound
    Options
    YEAH CONNIE! You can do it! Plateaus are evil but they DO end if you persist! You're doing just the right stuff and it WILL pay off :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yes...Connie...You WILL break through the plateau! **Happy thoughts and positive energy** <--I'm sending it your way!!!!

Well...meeting my mom and sister for lunch here in a bit...NO clue yet where we're going but I will make good choices!

Have a good afternoon ladies!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    How did lunch go K? It can be so hard to stay on track when you're suddenly eating away from home or in un-planned circumstances :wink:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    hello!!!

Glad you all liked the poem. I just wrote a really long post and then my internet got messed up and it didn't save so this one is probably shorter.

here is my initial weigh in.

KRISTIN
    CONNIE
    SW264 / GW 258 /CW 264 / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    RHIANNON ----SW 172.6 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 172.6lbs / PROGRESS +/- 0lbs
    SHANELL
    SW 212.5 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 212.5/ PROGRESS +/- 0 lbs
    CATHY
    SW 209 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 209/ PROGRESS 0 lbs
    EM
    SW 160 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 151.2 lbs / Progress +/- 0lbs
    LAURYN
    SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / PROGRESS +/-0lbs
    Katy
    SW 172.8/ GW 164.8/ CW 172.8/ PROGRESS 0 lbs
    Robin
    SW 193 lbs / GW 185 lbs / CW 193 lbs / PROGRESS 0
    Heidi
    SW165lbs / GW 155 lbs / CW 165 / Progress +/- 0lbs
    Becky
    SW146.4lbs/GW 140lbs/CW 146.4/Progress+/- 0lbs
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/GW 188lbs/CW 198 /Progress+/- 0lbs
    Deb
    SW202.4/GW 194.4 lbs/CW 202.4/Progress 0lbs.
    AmyLou
    SW 153.4/GW 147lbs/CW153.4/Progress 0 lbs.

I picked this weight because it is the lightest i remember being almost 3 years ago. haha. And it is attainable.

I will write later with my 2009 goals, sorry I don't have much time right now!! I did have them all written out but then it got erased. :mad:

TODAY I LOVE....my career path!! Sounds weird but i am shadowing this week at my local hospital and it has affirmed to me that I am really excited about being in Health Administration (that is what my masters will be in when I graduate). :heart:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hello sexy sexies! Amy, how wonderful to know that you're doing something you're going to love. I'm 38, and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! lol

Kristin, woo hoo for extra energy! Did it last throughout the day?

Connie, hang in there, that plateau will break soon. By the way, what do you love about yourself? I'm watching....

Lauryn, I missed your self love (that sounds worse than I meant it, hee hee)....

Today, I love that I can come up with relatively quick healthy meals on the fly. And that I can resist the cruddy bad for me quick food that everyone else was eating in the house!

Meals today:
    Breakfast
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 0.25 cup 23 calories
    Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Banana Bread Weight Control, 1 packet 160 calories
    Bananas - Raw, 1 small (6" to 6-7/8" long) 90 calories
    Diamond - Chopped Walnuts, 0.0625 cup 50 calories
    Breakfast : 323 calories

Lunch
    Healthy Choice - Soup - Beef Pot Roast Soup, 2 cup 220 calories
    Ritz Crackers - Original, 5 crackers (16g) 80 calories
    Lunch : 300 calories

Snack 2
    Gold'n Plump - Chicken Livers, 8 oz 180 calories
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 medium (2-1/2" dia) 23 calories
    Snack 2 : 203 calories

Dinner
    Bush's Best - Black Beans, 3/4 cup 158 calories
    Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, November thru May average, 1.5 slice, medium (1/4" thick) 6 calories
    Onions - Raw, 1 tbsp chopped 4 calories
    Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 0.25 cup, chopped 10 calories
    Crystal Farms - Fat Free Cheddar, 1/4 cup 50 calories
    Fresh Vegetables - Avocado - Raw, by the Ounce, 5 oz 250 calories
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1 cup 90 calories
    Dinner : 568 calories

Total: 1,394 calories
    Your Daily Goal: 1,400 calories
    Remaining: 6 calories
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning.....

today i love that i got to inflict pain on my 27 yr son...LOL LOL :laugh: just kidding...:bigsmile: i had to take his bandage off so he could shower. now he just had a cyst removed from his tail bone, so most of his bottom was taped up. like changing his diapers again. :wink: at least they weren't dirty. :happy: he has to shower 2xs daily. there goes my water bill. he has a job interview this morning. so need to rebandage him good, don't want leaks, won't be good. well he's out. need to scoot off and fix him. he said remember don't put it all the way this time so he can do potty stuff. OH,:blushing: never thought of that. glad he didn't have to go last night:smile:
    later,
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Awe Cathy...it's always something! But this to shall pass. Hope your sons interview goes well!

Robin...thanks! No, my energy didn't last all day yesterday...I ended up feeling pretty sick actually later in the day and didn't make it to the gym, but my spirits are still high and I'm feeling much better this morning!

So...yesterday didn't go exactly as planned...but today I LOVE that I woke up early with a positive attitute!!! YAY FOR POSITIVE ATTITUDES!!!!!!

So...hoping to get in some running tonight and a step and ab class!

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!!!
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    morning ladies. i am so excited to report that this group helped my to avoid pizza last night!!!! The bf came to visit and didn't want any of my healthy soup (although he eventually tried it and loved it) .... so what did he do... order pizza. erg. :huh: so what i love about myself today is that i did not give in to the cheesy goodness. :bigsmile: (probably a first).... on the not so great side my landlord is being a b*tch. erg. she knows i just got a puppy.... and i told her to let me know if he barks or anything during the brief times i am away... and she said it was no big deal, "he's a baby, don't worry, he is going to bark a bit..." so apparently my neighbors called to say he barked for all of 5 minutes yesturday morning when i first left... and my ll is up my butt telling me i need to get rid of him....:sad: my gosh lady he is 12 weeks old... mind you my neighbors have crazy parties @ 3am... and that's okay... erg. not cool.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    yea, kistin this shall pass. we were just laughing about it all this morning. glad i am able to help my kids, in most any way i can. if i can't i will find a way.
    strawberry....try getting a little stuffed animal for him to cuddle up with. they get loney fast. or give him a treat just before you walk out the door, and he may not notice you left. is he being crate trained? if so try putting him in there at periods during the day and go into another room, if she starts have a can with some dry beans or something to shake and he will stop and than praise him for stopping. keep doing this training with him for a little while. good luck.
    hope everyone else is doing good.
    just bought a new comfortor at goodwill, with matching curtains, shams for $16. so the thing won't fit in my washer and i have an big washer. so DH just got up told him after he has his coffee we will go grab some lunch and take this to the laundry mat and wash it while we eat lunch and put it the dryer and we can walk accross the street to cvs and look around. well, he just glanced over at me so much be time to leave.
    bye......
    have a super great day all, new song (theme for ruby) called " i can" by johanna stahley
    "i can, i know i can, throw my fears in the sand, cause i can, i know i can."
    running through my head, got it off itunes, made a cd now it plays in my car and ipod.
    evil eye again, gotta go,:laugh:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    :bigsmile: thanks chipper. he is crate trained... :smile: he has a big white bear he is best friends with (so cute)... its funny though... it is as if he knows when we are leaving for training purposes or for real... because when I am working on training him he NEVER barks :huh: so part of me thinks this complaint has something to do with my fued with the 3 am party neighbors (I asked some other people on my floor and they said he was an angel.... hmmm :grumble: so the investigation begins.... i think i may also take him for longer walks before i leave to wipe him out (sleepy puppies are quiet puppies :bigsmile: ) and that means more exercise for me :flowerforyou: but thank you so much for all the good advice!!!! i really needed to vent :bigsmile: you guys are great! have a happy healthy day ladies!!!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Kristin, positive attitudes first thing in the morning impress me!

Cathy, you are so wonderful for being there with your family! Good times and bad, the bad being the need to change butt bandages, lol.

Strawberryblond, puppy wuppies are soooo soft and cuddly. It's hard having pets in an apartment building. I know you're frustrated and venting... where's your I love myself thought today, it sounds as if you need one!

Today... I love that I'm nagging everyone about loving themselves. So many of us put ourselves down in many ways, not even realizing we do it. We need to become just as comfortable with telling ourselves we are wonderful!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Good morning fellow Sixers,

Didnt make it on here yesterday. I have not got my menu planned for today. I will be making it to the gym tonight because I am back to Weight Watchers on Saturday and I dont want to have to show a gain!

So far meals-

breakfast- pumpkin flax cereal w/1% milk
    snack-hummus and pretzel sticks

Not sure on lunch yet. girlfriend and her daughter coming over for a visit. Will figure it out when the arrive.

Everyone have a good day today!
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    so what i love about myself today is that i did not give in to the cheesy goodness. :bigsmile: (probably a first)....

:flowerforyou: sorry i think that was overwhelmed by all the venting :blushing:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    YEA!!! son got the job!!!! he should be out on his own again the 6 month time frame we gave him. he's doing pretty good. no pain, for being the pain in the butt he is....LOL:laugh:

strawberry..... neighbors i have one who is a witch and warned me on halloween that i may hear funny noises at midnight....i prayed hard that night.....:happy: keep investigating you might find something...

pdx.....back on track way to begin....enjoy your lunch.

well off to do some cleaning that i have trying to get to all day.
    later girlies........