40+ Club: Fall Fitness Fanatics

Replies

• hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    *silvana: Thanks :D Good job on keeping up on the workouts! Great news from the Chiro!

*Becky: That's very cool that you and your Husband can workout together :) The wiggles are from a song :D

*alf: Thanks :D Good to see ya back!
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    So thank goodness for daylight savings so that I natrurally woke up an hour earlier today and used it to excercise! Good to see everyones posts. Keep at it everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    Barbell Day: Squats, Bench Press, Bent Over Rows. Made progress on all 3 exercises, either weight or reps or sets or a combo of them. Glad I work out at home and not at Planet Fitness, I probably would have set off the Lunk Alarm on that last bench press rep :D

*crew: good work on working out :)
  • hewhoiscd
    Playing around with the camera for a bit after the workout:

IMG_2515-1.jpg

The Eye of The Weider? :laugh:

It's interesting what ideas come about from a combo of adrenaline, fatigue and hunger...
  • hewhoiscd
    Cardio Day: 2 miles in 20 minutes on the Treadmill. Was planning on going 3.1 miles (5k), but I forgot my water :( Did another .25 miles on cool down. Burned about 300 cals. Then did 50 (14+13+12+11) push ups after the cool down. Feeling pretty good :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Love the new profile pic Chris. Very cool!:happy:

Ran 4miles yesterday and it felt great! Also did 30min of p90x, core synergistics. I was so tired, that 30min was all I could manage. Better than nothing.

Am fasting today for a procedure tomorrow. My goodness, I am hungry! Not used to feeling hungry, which is part of my weight problem.:tongue:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    Good luck sderski

chris great pic

I miss my signature info...boohooo mfp
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's me again!!!! I am loving all the new pictures!!!!! Sdereski, you look like your grandbaby's mommy!! Look great!!!

Well, in a way I dont feel bad about not being here much because it looks like I am not the only one!!!! where is Sing, Stiring??? has anyone checked on them? Julie, how are you doing? Zebras?? and many more!!!!

Welcome to all the newcomers.

Well me?, been busy now with work, Zumba. Getting ready to celebrate another birthday tomorrow!!! Yipee!!! And I am also a Veteran so as usual another year of double celebration. This year I wanted to celebrate with friends and my Zumba peeps so I am having a get together at a Spanish Tapas Bar for some Tapas, sangria and dancing!!! I hope I take it easy with the sangria! LOL So that is my plan for my birthday!!

I am also hosting a Zumbathon fundraiser for a non profit org that provides respite to children and young adults with physical and developmental dissabilities. It is an org that is dear to me. My son has been going to their campground for many years now. So I am busy preparing for it. They need funds to re-build their pool, built in the 1950 is not suitable for people in wheelchairs and with mobility problems.

I am not sure if I will be able to check in tomorrow, all is well, I feel better from my cold but still with some sniffles, I havent been working out as much as I was before my family came over, wanted to sleep a little more in the morning and recup...I am still teaching Zumba 4 nights a week so that is a workout in itself for most days of the week. I do plan to start strength trng again even if just on the weekends and also resume Bikram Yoga.

Hugs!!!!
  • LadyPersia
    Happy Birthday Alf!!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    :flowerforyou: Wow Sdereski, you do look great !!!

:flowerforyou: Alf, did I miss your birthday? I am sorry. Here is a belated wish: HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! I was given a playlist on youtube for Zumba. I must have written it down wrong because I can't get to it. :sad:

TGIF !!!! Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Happy Birthday Alf!

Sorry, I've been quiet around here. I've been crazy busy at work, and the time change has gotten to me, too.

Have been very distracted this week, and only got in one workout, but had a great week the week before.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing well.

I've been really busy lately. Between rentals, my brother, and now my daughter and her husband are here from Louisiana. My son in law got back from Afghanistan about 2 weeks ago. Glad he's finally safe at home....

My daughter brought me P90X and Hip Hop Abs. I can't wait to check it out.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNETTE!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!!!

I'll post more later.....
  • LadyPersia
    Thank a soldier today!! Happy Veterans days...Much Love
  • hewhoiscd
    Barbell Day: Squats, Seated Overhead Press, Deadlifts. Improved in Squats and SOP...but was only able to match the Deadlifts from last time. A bit of a moral victory, 1st Deadlift attempt on the 1st rep failed. Regathered my self and managed to get it done.

Dinner time (Grilled Salmon Burgers), will post more later.
  • sdereski
    Hello all,

All went well with my fast & procedure. What I did learn is that the longer I fasted, the less hungry I felt. I did it! Went almost 48 hours with very, very little food. Yesterday, ate a bit more, but do want to try and keep that hungry feeling, as I know that is what I have to feel if I want to lose those last 10lbs!

I had my staff over for dinner yesterday after I got home, and managed to keep my food portions to a minimum....and healthy choices. :-)

Picked up where I left off with the p90x and did my kempo x workout this morning. I am now in week 4. Am enjoying this weeks workouts. Man that core synergistics is a workout!

Thank you for the kind comments about my profile picture.

Need to get back to my housework. Am having my family over for dinner tonight.:happy: Get to see my princess. :heart:
    Have a wonderful day.:flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    Treadmill Today: 3.1 miles (~5k) in 31m10s..beat my last time by 2m39s plus I went 0.1 miles further :D Did an additional 0.25 miles to cool down. Burned about ~400 or so calories.

Then I did a few Yoga stretches before doing 54 (15+14+13+12) pushups.

Feeling the effort, but feeling good :)
  • hewhoiscd
    *sdereski: Thanks :) Good job on the run and workout! Glad the procedure went well :)

*LadyPersia: Thanks :) Miss the sigs too :(

*alf: Happy Birthday Veterans Day!
  • hewhoiscd
    Barbell Day: Squats, Bench Press, Bent Over Rows

Higher weights on squats, felt it in my hip flexors. Increased volume on the press and rows.

Finished up with 55 pushups (13+12+11+10+9)
  • sdereski
    Hi all,

Did my x-stretch workout this morning and then did a walk/run this afternoon.
    So far, have enjoyed my Sunday,and now am chillin' watching tv. :happy:

Hope you are all having a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    :flowerforyou: sdereski, I am glad that someone has said it. I am tired of hearing people say that they are never hungry on their diets. I have found that a little hunger does help me lose weight. Plus, I don't feel like a pig as I do when I am full.