I cried at the store today

Options
<<<<<
LOOK AT ME! I am in a pair of size 16 jeans!!!! I was feeling adventerous today at the store and decided to try on a smaller size. So I scooped up a pair of size 16s and headed off the dressing room prepared that they would be very tight but hoped to at least get them up. I stood and stared at the mirror for a few minutes trying to screw up the courage to just do it! Next thing I know they are on, zipped and button without laying on bed, grunting or holding my breath....and NO MUFFIN TOP! So I turned around and inspected all angles....yep! I can wear these bad boys in public!!!

I came out of the dressing room and the lady said "did you find anything?" I put my head down and said "they fit" and started to cry. I told her how just a blink of the eye ago I was in a tight pair of 20s and how I hadn't been in a size 16 since well before my 10 year old son was born. She said this is the hardest journey of your life. Then told me how she had lost over 100 pounds 20 years ago and has maintained within 10 pounds since. Then she hugged me.

I am as high as a kite right now! Cannot wait til the thrift store opens in the morning so I can go get me some new threads!!!!

Replies

• Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic girl! Keep up the amazing work!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    That is fantastic. You are looking good keep it up. Yippy for you :)
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Now that is a feel-good moment! Well done and good luck finding some new stuff to wear
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome.. I have the same exact thing happening right now.. I wore 20's which should have been 22's but could not bring myself to buy them.. That was in MAY .. This morning I tried on a pair of 14's they were a little tight but I could zip them button them and they were on.. YAY for us.. This is great !! Congrats
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    you look amazing

the best shopping trip when you get into something that you werent expecting to
    and the woman who helped you at the dressing room knows how hard you
    have worked and she would have been so pleased for you!!

great work on getting these jeans on and I'm sure you will be in an even
    smaller size soon!!

good luck on the rest of your journey
    Vicky xxx
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    You Go Girl :bigsmile:
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    Well done lovely, so very very happy for you.

Massive hug x
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I was worried when i read the heading of your post that you had cried for all the wrong reasons! THIS IS BRILLIANT NEWS!!!! congratulations hunny, i can't wait to get to that point.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Good for you also
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    That is so good makes me want to cry been there. Dpn't it feel good. Congratulations!!!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You're looking more like you everyday! So happy for you. Great NSV!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Serioulsy soooo happy for you, it is a good feeling isn't it. You have worked really hard and I am so proud of you
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    What a great story, thanks for sharing and well done on your hard work.
    And I'm so glad you had a nice shop assistant to share your moment!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    What a great story, thanks for sharing and well done on your hard work.
    And I'm so glad you had a nice shop assistant to share your moment!
    DITTO!!!! What a great assistant for a great customer!!!! She'll remember this day too!!!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    How lovely, REVEL IN IT! congrats x
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    work them jeans, girl! :D
  • glamournanna
    Options
    you look so beautiful! jeans are a killer to find a good fit at any size, i am so pleased for you xx
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What a lovely story! Well done :happy:
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Where is the freaking "LIKE" button????

That has to be such a great feeling! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!