Who's with me 30 Day challange

Options

Replies

• terriaz
    terriaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I've had this DVD for months but I'm finally going to break it open and use it.

30dayshred-day1.jpg
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    day5level2... half way done!!!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I'm in too! I've had this DVD for months but I'm finally going to break it open and use it.

30dayshred-day1.jpg

woohoo... welcome to the challenge :))
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    day5level2... half way done!!!

Way to keep at it. I will be starting level 2 tonight...
  • ameesqt
    Options
    I am totally in! I dont have the dvd but I am getting it soon. Meanwhile I will take pictures and post! Cant wait!
  • thamre
    Options
    D1L2 done.
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 7 complete!!! yaya! Ok guys good going on your progress,.. I can't wait to get to level 2.. it sure does look easier than level 1.

I have a question,. how do you gals post a collage of your pictures with the words??

I would like to do mine like that :)

"you got a friend in me"
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1 Day 7 last night. I already see a difference in my body. I can't wait till the end to take measurements. I haven't lost much weight but that's OK. I put on a pair of jeans today that I used to have to squeeze myself into and they gave me awful muffin top. Zipped right up and fit like they were supposed to. Although a little baggy in the backside right now. Oh well. :) I'll take it!

DF actually worked out with me last night. He could stand to lose a few (OK like 50+ lbs). It was day 1 for him and he was dying. I kept looking at him thinking that's what I must have looked like day 1. I've come a FAR way in the past week... I can make it through most things now except I still have issues with the jump rope. I just alternate legs instead of jumping both feet when they start to bother me. 3 more days till level 2! I'm scared. LOL :)
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 8 completed!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I alternated legs for jump rope inevitably too (when they started to hurt I mean).

Got 2 days into level 2, got no chance to shred yesterday (maybe just as well, give my upper body a chance to recover? ) Back into it today, quite pleased with myself, normally like to eat food as soon as I get up and wouldn't dream of exercising pre breakfast but today I did, shred no less. So that is I completed day 3 level 2, I'm wimping out on more and more things the more I do it (that isn't right is it) the constant need to use my arms is killing me, tell me more advanced ones, does it get easier? Do you have to push hard to make it easier?

This whole process is sometimes brutal (my arms do indeed burn by the time Gillian says they should be) but all these before and after pics I've seen do compel me to hang in there.
  • thamre
    Options
    1a1a - I constantly struggle with this DVD and this is my second time around. I have a lot more lower body strength than I do upper body and doing anything in a plank pose is real tough for me. I just did L2D1 last night - it will get easier...just stick with it :smile:
  • cocolo89
    Options
    level 2 day 6... i am still hating the narrow squat with arm raises. kills my arms every-time. I have to switch from my 5lbs weights to my 3lbs weight when i do them. i still get the burn, but not as intense. and yes, it gets easier, I'm at the point where i''m anxiously waiting for level 3... i peeked ahead and it looks FUN!! i have not done level 3 yet. last time around i only got to level 2 and quit. just 4 more days til level 3!! yey

edit*spelling error
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    L2D2 done I'm back!!! lol
  • 1a1a
    Options
    I'm with you thamre, upper body strength is zilch! (Not for long though I suspects).

Day 4 level 2 is done, have started to alternate plank based cardio with non (star jumps mainly), each time, I'll do a bit more planking and so on, sometimes take a break for the squat arm raises and balancing arm raises too oh the buuurn. Some things do seem to be getting easier (or is it just a placebo effect?! ha ha).

My motivation is staying strong, I know you folk are shredding with me and my body is starting to respond :-D

Does anyone else think of planking http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planking_(fad) every time they are asked to plank?!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I am so excited. Tonight is my last day of Level 2! Can't wait to start Level 3! I didn't peek but, have heard it's much better than 2!

Will take new pics and measurements soon!
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 8 completed last night... L1 D9 tonight. Wow! Only a couple more days till Level 2! DF did it with me again last night. Who knows if he'll do it with me tonight or tomorrow. I hope he does. I really want him to know that I'm working hard to get in shape and with a little work he can to. :) I hate being in this weight loss journey alone when he could stand to lose as much if not more than I need to. :)

Good job ladies!!
  • maandaj
    Options
    I would love to do go about doing this, I am new to all of this and I have NO IDEA on how to do any of this stuff. Maybe if someone could give me a little info on how to do this I could get started! Thank you! Looking forward to getting started with a community to have some motivation to lose some weight!! -- Amanda
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I am so excited. Tonight is my last day of Level 2! Can't wait to start Level 3! I didn't peek but, have heard it's much better than 2!

Will take new pics and measurements soon!

awesome job!!! i peeked ahead and level 3 looks fun! lots of movement :)) i'm excited to get where you are!! let us know how it is! looking forward to your new stats as well :))

level2day7 :)) i'm taking tomorrow off but WILL restart monday! Awesome job everyone! keep it up!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I would love to do go about doing this, I am new to all of this and I have NO IDEA on how to do any of this stuff. Maybe if someone could give me a little info on how to do this I could get started! Thank you! Looking forward to getting started with a community to have some motivation to lose some weight!! -- Amanda

hi amanda! looking forward to you joining us! we are all doing a DVD by Jillian Michaels called the 30 day shred. it has 3 levels that you can break down into 10 days a level or whatever you feel comfortable with. All you have to do is pop in the DVD and get started :)) some of us are updating picture results as we progress into a new level, so if you wanted to do that, you take pictures and post them on here. :)
  • 1a1a
    Options
    I hear ya odessa, my boyfriend is skinny fat and could do with the toning, narp, can't be persuaded, he doesn't like to break a sweat ha ha :-(

Think I'm at day 4 level 2 (maybe day 5 now, can't remember), it's still brutal, I'm still keen to see how I look at the end :-D