200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• kmturtle3
    Options
    Rikki, the only other thing I can say to you is I HAVE BEEN YOU. Seriously. I spent YEARS wanting to be smaller and trying to cut back on how much I ate, but then getting extremely frustrated by not seeing results. So I just stopped, and ate more, and then gained. And gained. And gained. I always weighed right around 180, and then, within 5 years, I was 240, hating myself, hating getting dressed, having no confidence. And for a while, I just pitied myself and drown my frustration in fast food and alcohol.

I am positive.... now. I am positive now because I have worked my @ss of to get where I am. In January, I would try to do a 20 minute yoga dvd and seriously feel like I was going to die. I hated it. I hated myself. But I committed to this. I started drinking only water and green tea, with about 2 diet cokes a week. I lived off salads, yogurt, raw veggies, organic energy bars, and lean proteins. I learned to love protein powder. I was hungry CONSTANTLY for about 2 months while my body adjusted to eating so much less.

But seriously, it is worth it. Its worth it because now I crave food that is good for me. I get excited to eat rasberries, yogurt and blueberries, edamame, a really awesome grilled chicken salad... etc.

It hasn't been easy. It hasn't been simple. It hasn't. But that's the truth.

We love you. We are here for you.
  • navajoon
    Options
    Happy Friday, ladies! Kendal, that post made me lol.

I am getting through this day at work by listening to Queen. I've always liiiiiiked Queen, but I'm really starting to appreciate them for realsies.

Had a final appointment with the ENT. My scar is apparently healing beautifully and I don't have to go back to him anymore!!! On the flip side, despite injecting myself with B12 every 2 weeks, my levels are on the VERY LOW end of normal. I think the nurse said normal range is 200-1500, and I'm sitting at 267. The doc wants to see me up at 1100. So now I need daily sublingual supplements in addition to my injections. Good. Lawd.

Of course, this could definitely explain why I have absolutely NO energy and could be a factor in my weightloss issues (B12 is apparently essential for metabolism).

Rikki, we totally all struggle. I cry on pretty much a weekly basis out of frustration. Example: Joe and I ate the same stuff all last weekend... he LOST 3 pounds and I gained 10. No *kitten*... TEN POUNDS. Mind you, on top of splurging all weekend it was TOM and appears to be mostly water weight, but I had a serious meltdown. We're talking tears and screaming here. You're not alone, chickadee!!! That's why I love these supportive ladies!

Jessi, I have a serious McDonald's breakfast problem. Wednesdays they do the Southern chicken biscuit meal for $2.99 and it's a struggle to keep driving past.

Way to go, Sarah and Victoria and Meerkat (what's your first name?) and anyone else with losses I may have missed!

Putting off weighing till Monday. Still trying to work off the birthday weight (It doesn't help that I keep getting belated "let me take you out to dinner and/or lunch" offers). I am proud of myself from staying away from the mountains of gifted Twizzlers and Skittles on my kitchen counter though.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Kendall: OMG, have you seen the guy who dances in Kernersville??? Your video clip reminded me of him. He even has his own FB page and people stop on the side of the road to take pics and videos of him.

Rikki: I know you said that your heart and lungs are stronger. Have you only been doing cardio? You might want to incorporate some weight training or look into a personal trainer before you start thinking about surgery. Building lean muscles not only helps slim you down, but it helps burn fat even when you're not exercising. I would also suggest paying close attention to your sodium intake. You can easily hold multiple pounds of water from each day, which means you might never show your true slimming because of the bloat.

Well, my weight is going a little crazy this week! I was stuck on Monday, down on Tuesday, down again on Wednesday, way up 3lbs on Thursday and down only 1lb today...............I need to get back on my low sodium track for real!!! Having said that, I must now admit to my 3 servings of ice cream at work this morning because I didn't have time for breakfast, didn't bring lunch, and they were giving them to the 6th grade students...likely excuse!!!

*****************************Weigh-in: 312.4*******************************************
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Rikki, I completly feel your pain. i have been flucuating between 280 and 285 for over a year now. Please don't quit. Hang in there, know that even if you screw up--I screw up frequently (which is why I'm still at 280)--that all of us are here, and you are most assuredly not alone.

And speaking of screwing up--I ate ONE...ONE slice of a small pizza for dinner and today the scale is up two pounds. ONE piece. ONE piece doesn't ever put me close to going over on calories.

I will weigh in on Monday again. I always seem to do better over the weekend.

-Katheryne
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Katheryne, I'm ALWAYS better on Monday than I am on Friday. I don't get it at all, except maybe being able to be home makes a difference.
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! All of you! It helps to know that I'm not the only one going back and forth. It really does. I added sodium to my tracker as you've suggested. I vow to go 7 days without eating out. I CAN do it!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    (((((((((((((((((((GROUP HUG))))))))))))))))

lol
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    (((((((((((((((((group hug back at all of you)))))))))))))))
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Nava - We have no southern chicken biscuits here, but Nerd swears they're delicious. I miss their decade-old Ranchero Bagel, which was amazing. I was actually pretty surprised to see that there are NO bagels at my McD's... is that the case everywhere now? I'm fortunate that most mornings I walk to work, and there isn't really much in the way of food between home and work.

Today I'll likely go over on calories, because I'm working a 13+ hour shift because of a ball game after my regular work hours. I really don't mind, and Nerd will be coming down here to hang out, so that's even better.

I was asked yesterday what kind of image I want to present to people - or do I even care what they think? It was pretty out of the blue (and directly in relation to Nerd moving here, somehow) and I'm not sure, still, how to answer it. I mean... I don't do things that would make me a terrible person in other people's eyes. I mostly work, take pictures, and otherwise keep to myself. I volunteer from time to time, when I actually have time I can. I'm not really sure what she was getting at... or what it is, exactly, people see me as. Pretty much, I'm pretty sure I mostly just don't care, though.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    No time to backread so I'm updated my weight.
    It's the TOM so I'm up a pound.
    Weight in
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Whooo Hoooo for (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Group Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ricki- I've been weighing in around 210 (+/- 2 lbs) since July 17th. WTH. I fell your pain man. I've worked out a minimum of 3 days a week and under my calories Sunday-Friday night. Seems like i'm just stuck. I want to be down 50 by christmas, but these 7+ weeks of not losing is putting my goals in the coffin.

I think i may pull out my Weight Training for Women book and see about incorporating some strength training into my workout.

kendall- loved the pics! and the costume is so cute!! my fave is still the hood part. :)
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    KENDAL!!!

I found my Halloween Costume!!

http://www.amazon.com/Muppets-Miss-Piggy-Tiara-Adult/dp/B002MVZBI6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I am wearing it with my 'I can ONLY wear this dress in Vegas," dress!!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up with the reading and many thanks to Kendal and Bobbie for making me lol - the running pictures and the slinky way the ice-cream comment was just snuck into the conversation really made me giggle (glad no-one else in the house!!!).

Rikki: I have been 'trying' for the last few years to lose the weight I need - sometimes lbs seem to come off fairly easily but then just as easily they seem to go back on. Since joining mfp (a number of months ago) I thought I had been doing well with my food intake and I had upped my exercise - again weight loss (and gain has varied). At teh beginning of September I started on the 30DS - seems that it has worked for everyone who has tried it - I was really good - everyday and improvement on calorie intake - outcome - same 2lbs lost that seems to come and go with annoying regularity and absolutely no difference in teh measurements. I put the dvd away today - I think my dvd player was just as fed up as it has now stopped working - and read "lose up to 20lbs" on teh cover. Are they having a laugh? However. I will do it. I am determined to do it. Yes I am fed up with it. Yes I have moments of pure gluttony. BUT - these ladies are amazing. They are always here, they are always listening and they have really useful ideas and comments. I'm going to try the one about - you are what you eat not the calorieis you consume and, if I genuinely stick with it for a couple of weeks and it still hasn't worked, I know that they will still be there. And I'm hoping that so will you xxxx

Kerry: please tell more about your first two months - I have and from your post it sounds like you did just that.e often wondered how things would work if I just changed everything in one fell swoop

All those with losses. Well done.

Enjoy the weekend xx
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Megan: I would highly suggest some weight training. I do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred every single day (among other things) and it has made a world of difference. When you build muscle, your body burns more calories on it's own. If I have to front load my body with a ton of muscle building (Long, lean muscle, not bulky sticky-outty muscle), and it's going to eat my fat FOR me!? I'm on board with that.

i started this weight loss journey on May 26. I have lost 36 lb, gone from an 18/20 to a 12/14 and from a couch potato to being able to run (!!!) a half marathon in 116 days. I attribute 80% of my success to strength training and muscle building because it is the one thing I have changed from my other 'diets.'

(Wow, I had never thought about how quickly this change came about until I wrote that down. If you had told me before i started this that I would look and feel like this in 115 days, I would have laughed in your face and eaten a cookie with some chocolate milk.)
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Just a quick checkin:

**************************************218.5*************************************

:happy:

that's 0.9lb! awesome!

Back later for a proper update!
  • crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nava- That is SUCH a stressful situation between your work, Joe, and his potential job. I'm sure it'll all work out, but I can't even imagine the many directions your head is in right now. *hug*

Katheryne- As frustrating as those idiots can be (I deal with a fair amount of people lacking common sense as well), I couldn't help but laugh at your stories. Here's one of my favorites:

A man and his wife came into our clinic in a panic, demanding that the receptionist send the doctor out because his dog had eaten a stick and was now not feeling well. She explained that he should take a seat and a technician (myself) would be with him as soon as possible. I walk up, get him into the room, everything's checking out ok so far in regards to his vitals and the man starts demanding that I feel his belly because the stick can be felt. I assure him the doctor will be in momentarily. The doctor does a full exam finding nothing wrong with the dog but we can proceed with xrays, blah, blah, blah. He interrupts, yelling at her saying "How can you not just feel the stick? Right here! Bring him to surgery!" The doctor felt where he was feeling, looked up and said "Sir... That's his penis..." Without any time to process, the man says "Oh. Well what are these two swellings?"... Yea, I'm sure you get my drift, lmao.

Sarah (WnT)- I'm so glad to hear your friend's surgery was a success. My thoughts and prayers continue. *hug*

Jessi- That totally sucks about your co-worker. I would completely lose it being as OCD as I am. Very happy to hear that the Vicodin is working for you though. :smile:

Pam- HOORAY! That has got to be so exciting to hit that mark. I'm a lil jealous! I keep trying to convince myself to start the C25K, but always end up finding a way to lazy out of it, lol. I'm so happy for you!!!

Kendall- I'm definitely there with ya not liking the days getting shorter. I hate it! And I LOVE the costume!! I reiterate that it is adorable!

Bobbie and Jessi- Wow! I knew people could be awful sometimes but that really tops my list... I'm sorry you both have had to deal with people like that.

Hosanna- I'm still so happy for you! And thank you for the luck! Impressed also that you were able to say no to the fries! I'm often the type to cave to cravings and then feel obligated to finish it because I paid for it and wouldn't wanna waste it. I need to get over that.

I'm gonna leave my catching up there, lol. My phone battery's almost dead. But I'm thinkin' 'bout you all! *hugs*:happy:
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    OMG Crystal, you just made me LOL big time with your story! I read it to my bf and he did the same. :smile:
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Crystal - That's funny funny stuff. :P

Dinner is a total bust for calories, guaranteed. Nerd just went to pick us up philly cheesesteak pizza with alfredo sauce. But mmmmm, that's going to be DELICIOUS. I really enjoy these 13-hour shifts for ball games, because I sit here, literally press 2 buttons, and get to listen to sports and do whatever I want. :)
  • k2quiere
    Options
    In continuing this talk about common sense, I happened to click on FB a little bit ago, and this little thingy was on my stream:

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: - Knowing when to come in out of the rain; - Why the early bird gets the worm; ... - Life isn't always fair; - And maybe it was my fault. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies, don't spend more than you can earn and adults, not children, are in charge. His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. ... Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility, and his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers - I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame and I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.