Shakeology

Options
Any opinion's on the Shakeology replacement Shake? I am thinking about replacing it for one of my meals... GNC sells horrible tasting shakes and when I tried Shakeology it tasted great!

Replies

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I love shakeology! I drink 4-5 a week.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If you do a search of the forums you will find a lot of discussion of Shakeology.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I love the chocolate shakeology. Helps with chocolate cravings!
  • jamelynm
    Options
    Nutritionally, shakeology is great...but I thought it tasted terrible. If you like it, then go for it. The only drawback I've found about it so far is the price.

Personally, my favorite meal replacement shake is GNC Lean Shake, especially the chocolate!! Have you tried it? Their vanilla tastes like cake batter :smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Any opinion's
    Scam...is my opinion. Waste of money...is my opinion. Unhealthy...is my opinion.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't ever replace a meal with a shake.......add one before or after a workout - you bet. For a snack when I'm in a hurry? Ok. But I like to eat. JMO.
  • briehl01
    Options
    I started it almost two weeks ago and so far so good! I've only lost a little over a pound but I feel great. I drink it for breakfast since I figured that was the meal I could be most consistent with and I've always struggled with finding a low calorie, filling breakfast. The chocolate tastes great and they recipes they provide are easy and very tasty (my fav is the PB&J!). It's expensive but I am going to give it two months to see how it works. I also got their fiber supplement - I wasn't getting nearly enough! Good luck with it!
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    If you do a search of the forums you will find a lot of discussion of Shakeology.

Like the shake weight?
  • LaCubana9
    Options
    I drink a Chocolate Shakeology every day. There is NOTHING like it! And after I've gone on vacation or had a bad holiday of eating, I do the 3 day Shakeology Cleanse and the weight I gained slides right off. Shakeology is a pretty penny, but definitely worth it! If you want to pay less for it or maybe even get it for free, become a Beachbody Coach. :wink:
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    Nutritionally, shakeology is great...but I thought it tasted terrible. If you like it, then go for it. The only drawback I've found about it so far is the price.

Personally, my favorite meal replacement shake is GNC Lean Shake, especially the chocolate!! Have you tried it? Their vanilla tastes like cake batter :smile:

I approve this message. I love the GNC Lean Shake, plus they have a high amount of protein too! I do one scoop of chocolate and one scoop of vanilla and that is 25 grams of protein and it tastes AMAZING!
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Truly not a scam. If you can afford - it is well worth the money. The nutritional value is off the chart. Not a fan of greenberry but love the chocolate with some almond milk. I drink a shake a day.
  • SugarBabii
    Options
    I did try the lean shake and did not care to much for it. My good friend takes the lean shake daily and has lost tons of weight by watching her calories and replacing meals. I did try Shakeology and it tasted great to me but my co worker added a little banana and PB.
  • SugarBabii
    Options
    Wow.. Sounds Great! Thanks For Replying!!! I think Im going to Def. give it a try!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    this is just my opinion but you can do better for less money.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I love the Chocolate Shakeology!...Yes, it is a bit pricey, but worth the money, if you can afford it!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I did try the lean shake and did not care to much for it. My good friend takes the lean shake daily and has lost tons of weight by watching her calories and replacing meals. I did try Shakeology and it tasted great to me but my co worker added a little banana and PB.

Banana and PB is my favorite!
  • Jenyfur1
    Options
    Love Shaleology!! I have it as a meal replacement because it really fills me up. I use almond milk, 1/2 bannana, some almond butter or Nutella and ice... I usually have it for breakfast and sometimes, if I don't feel like cooking I may substitute for dinner... Enjoy!! You won't be sorry..:)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer of losing weight the healthy way - diet and exercise with no gimmicks. That said, I've googled around and this seems to be a pretty solid product. Though I personally wouldn't use it as an everyday meal replacement I think it would be handy to have for those times where a real meal wouldn't be feasable or convienent. May have to try it one of these days.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I use it every day as well. The chocolate that is. I actually prefer the greenberry one as it tastes like oatmeal in my opinion. It's so easy to throw a single scoop in the shaker cup and take to the office. Many think this is expensive at $122 for a 30 day bag but do the math. It's like $4 a meal. That's not expensive at all. Salads cost more than that. Also, it fills me up perfectly until lunch. It's only 140 and 150 cals depending on which you get. While other meal replacement shakes can probably accomplish the same, I have to admit I don't want to take a chance because $4 a meal is perfectly fine with me. Most of you probably spend more on a cup of joe at Starbucks. I am not a coach and have no reason to endorse this for personal gain, but I did my homework and really researched it before purchasing and I'm a big fan. I can't wait until the tropical one comes out.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Kind of pet peeve, but don't assume people spend $4 a day at Starbucks. I certainly don't because it's not in my budget. I think Shakeology is a good product and there are enough people that stand by it, but it's not something I can afford, and I just can't stand presumptions like that. And being on a budget, I can make meals for myself that is less than $4 per meal, and often do.