Shakeology

Options

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Well I googled the nitrition facts on both shakeology and notrocore and I wasn't impressed by nitrocore-the only nutritional qualities it seems to have are 24grams of protein and 10% daily balance of calcium.
    Plus, to be honest I still have 2 boxes of it left from before I stopped ordering it, so I'm not looking to find another weightloss shake or meal replacement any time soon anyway.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yes but that full cart of food won't last you very long. I went to the store the other day.. I bought Greek Yogurt, Skim Milk, Cottage Cheese, lb of banana's, 2 boxes of cereal, apples, chicken and maybe 2 or 3 other small things. My bill was almost $50!
    Dude you must shop only organic then. $122 would pay for at 3 meals a day plus snacks for me and my family for a week! That's meat for 6 days, milk for my daughter, veggies and fruits, breads and cereals and even a box of snacks. Methinks you could do better at shopping.

Now that's a load of BS... I went to the grocery store and purchased just fruit and veggies... 2 pineapples, a thing of bananas, few pounds of oranges, apples, celery, baby carrots, and a tub of dip and it came to almost $60. Not organic.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't ever replace a meal with a shake.......add one before or after a workout - you bet. For a snack when I'm in a hurry? Ok. But I like to eat. JMO.

Me too, but I make my own smoothies for after workout that are cheaper, fresher, and have just the nutrients I need. Meal replacements may help you lose weight but they are not sustainable long term and they don't help you learn healthy eating habits. -- my opinion---
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been using Shakeology for 2 months and have one a day but on occasion I have 2 a day. The days when I have 2 are not very frequent, usually because I don't want to cook or have time to cook. I have managed to lose 8 pounds with the Shakeology, diet and few workouts (have injured elbow). I am not easily swayed on things so I was a skeptic but after using Shakeology I am sold to the point that I give packets to others to convince them to try it regardless of who they buy it from. (I am an independent Beachbody coach) I am a Shakeology advocate simply because I love it and how great it makes me feel.
  • channa007
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't ever replace a meal with a shake.......add one before or after a workout - you bet. For a snack when I'm in a hurry? Ok. But I like to eat. JMO.

Me too, but I make my own smoothies for after workout that are cheaper, fresher, and have just the nutrients I need. Meal replacements may help you lose weight but they are not sustainable long term and they don't help you learn healthy eating habits. -- my opinion---

I agree but I never used to eat breakfast except on occasion on weekends. So to be able to get a quick out the door meal is much better than skipping in my opinion. At least right now.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I agree but I never used to eat breakfast except on occasion on weekends. So to be able to get a quick out the door meal is much better than skipping in my opinion. At least right now.

eh there is no harm in skipping breakfast
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Kind of pet peeve, but don't assume people spend $4 a day at Starbucks. I certainly don't because it's not in my budget. I think Shakeology is a good product and there are enough people that stand by it, but it's not something I can afford, and I just can't stand presumptions like that. And being on a budget, I can make meals for myself that is less than $4 per meal, and often do.

Hmmm.. ok well get a good sleep tonight. Perhaps you'll wake up on the other side of the bed tomorrow...

Wasn't trying to sound angry if that's what you're getting at. I'm actually in a good mood or are you just trying to be funny. Just saying you shouldn't make assumptions that "most people" can afford $4 a day for Starbucks. Also, I like my side of the bed. :smile:
  • channa007
    Options

eh there is no harm in skipping breakfast

Everything I've read says that you should eat within 30-60 mins of waking up. That way your metabolism gets a boost.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Everything I've read says that you should eat within 30-60 mins of waking up. That way your metabolism gets a boost.

all a myth and it's personal preference.
  • channa007
    Options
    Kind of pet peeve, but don't assume people spend $4 a day at Starbucks. I certainly don't because it's not in my budget. I think Shakeology is a good product and there are enough people that stand by it, but it's not something I can afford, and I just can't stand presumptions like that. And being on a budget, I can make meals for myself that is less than $4 per meal, and often do.

Hmmm.. ok well get a good sleep tonight. Perhaps you'll wake up on the other side of the bed tomorrow...

Wasn't trying to sound angry if that's what you're getting at. I'm actually in a good mood or are you just trying to be funny. Just saying you shouldn't make assumptions that "most people" can afford $4 a day for Starbucks. Also, I like my side of the bed. :smile:

Yeah not gonna lie it did come off kinda **** but hey perhaps I made an assumption that most people in this world grab something for about $4-$5 for breakfast regardless if it be Starbucks, the work cafeteria, or the local fast food joint.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yes but that full cart of food won't last you very long. I went to the store the other day.. I bought Greek Yogurt, Skim Milk, Cottage Cheese, lb of banana's, 2 boxes of cereal, apples, chicken and maybe 2 or 3 other small things. My bill was almost $50!
    Dude you must shop only organic then. $122 would pay for at 3 meals a day plus snacks for me and my family for a week! That's meat for 6 days, milk for my daughter, veggies and fruits, breads and cereals and even a box of snacks. Methinks you could do better at shopping.

Then you must live in some tiny little town with a bunch of mama and papa stores Or you are lying. There is no way $122 will feed a family for a week.
  • channa007
    Options

Then you must live in some tiny little town with a bunch of mama and papa stores Or you are lying. There is no way $122 will feed a family for a week.

Definately not anymore... Obama stopped that with all the taxes.
  • hamncheese67
    Options
    Yeah not gonna lie it did come off kinda **** but hey perhaps I made an assumption that most people in this world grab something for about $4-$5 for breakfast regardless if it be Starbucks, the work cafeteria, or the local fast food joint.

Yeah, things get kind of lost over the Internet. But for some factual information, according to U.S. Department of Labor, as of March 2008, the average family of four spent $708 per month on food. If you do the math, that comes to a little less than $6 per day per person on food. Reality is for a fair number of families, something like Shakeology is unaffordable. Also explains why cheap processed foods (mac and cheese, Ramen, etc.) is so prevalent in the American diet.
  • mewaybright
    Options
    If you don't eat enough times a day your body goes into starvation mode and reduces caloric burn, your sugar levels dip causing you to be tired... Not Myth.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

Really? I have a budget of $75 a week that I feed my family of four on. I shop the ads and use coupons but in the end a lot of it comes down to creativity and minimizing waste!
  • Acg67
    Options
    If you don't eat enough times a day your body goes into starvation mode and reduces caloric burn, your sugar levels dip causing you to be tired... Not Myth.

and how many times is "enough"
  • mewaybright
    Options
    HAHA less than $100 a week for groceries; not in my world, I feed two teenagers and myself and I spend anywhere from $120 to $180 a week at Wal-Mart which is the cheapest place here to purchase groceries. And that isn't even buying a lot of fresh fruit or vegetables.
  • hamncheese67
    Options

From what I've read, it's about your daily caloric intake, not the number of times you eat. There are people who healthily do intermittent fasting as well as studies that demonstrates this.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options

Now that's a load of BS... I went to the grocery store and purchased just fruit and veggies... 2 pineapples, a thing of bananas, few pounds of oranges, apples, celery, baby carrots, and a tub of dip and it came to almost $60. Not organic.
    Do I have to post my receipt to prove it? All that will prove is that it can be done. I shop at Safeway and take advantage of the club card sales each week. I don't buy by brand name and I don't buy by big poundages. When I can buy steak, flanken ribs, chicken and pork ribs all for under $28 (and that's the most costly of all the foods), it's not hard to shop under $100 for the rest.

Here's what I would pay for what you bought: Pineapple $4.49x2 $9
    Bananas $ .45x5 $2.25
    Oranges $1.69x2lbs $3.40
    Apples $ .88x5 $4.50
    Celery $2.99 $2.99
    Baby carr $2.00 $2.00
    Dip $2.50 $2.50

Total $26.64

Even if I doubled up on the fruit I would still pay less than $60

I'd find a Safeway if I were you.
  • mewaybright
    Options
    Roughly every 3 to 4 hours... and that can be fruit, or anything... usually something in the neighborhood of 150 calories. Of course if you are a dietitian or a Doctor with a differing opinion maybe you should submit a thesis for peer discussion.