Options

Replies

• nelson6500
    Options
    Checking to see if banner works.:smile:
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm also 4'11". I'd be happy to join the shorties club!
  • lupemele
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I LOVE reading all the rest of your post--everything is so true about are weight. We gain 5lbs and and we look like we gained 20 because we are so short! I've lost 15lbs within the last year and it was slow and steady. Mainly inches but everyone thinks I've lost a ton! but I don't see it because I lost it so gradual. I lost 5lbs and stayed like that for about 4months then the next 5...and the last five was this past month and that one made the difference! Feel free to add me if your a shorty :)
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster ;)
    I'm 5'2 and trying to lose the last 11ish pounds. I was at high as 147 my first year of uni (Freshman 15 my *kitten*, more like 25!). Anywho, I'm sure you all feel my pain in trying to lose what seems like such a small amount of weight to some and yet it makes such a difference in the way you look/feel. I've been following along with the challenge and lost a lb so far, if I manage to get the other two gone then I'll be a third of the way done!
  • Shellitz
    Options
    DEVASTATED :( I have started doing the C25K and had just finished week one. Was sitting on my bed and knelt up to reach for something, knelt back down and my hip made the loudest popping sound I have ever heard! Now all of my joints make noise, I am a bit bendy and used to my hips, knees, elbows and shoulders making cracking noises with no other pain or discomfort. But this time I am hobbling around like an old lady :( It hurts to get out of my chair let alone attempt exercise!

Going to the osteo tonight, hopefully she tells me it'll be ok soon but far out, every time I get to a good place in my plan something liek this happens.

MASSIVE SAD FACE! Sorry for the whinge....

Update - my osteo took a look at it last night, looks like I have strained a tendon in my hip joint. Well that's what she is hoping it is. Other option is that there is a tear in either one of the tendons or in the hip capsule, which would be bad. Treatment so far is anti inflammatory tablets and to try to be kind to it to see if there is any improvement. If not - scans then reassessment.

Here's hoping that volotaren is enough! xoxo
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I loved the comment about the weight machines not being made for people our size. Its so true!! On the bicep curl, I have to wrap my legs around the chair post to keep myself stable because my feet dont reach the ground!!

I am loving my 30DS. I'm not sure that I'm eating very healthy but I *am* eating way less. I'm having a rough time getting to 1200 calories and I need to expand my food repertoire.

Now I'm off to go figure out how to make a signature.
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    <
    exactly 4'11"
    SW 175 CW 159
    Add me too! :-)
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    DEVASTATED :( I have started doing the C25K and had just finished week one. Was sitting on my bed and knelt up to reach for something, knelt back down and my hip made the loudest popping sound I have ever heard! Now all of my joints make noise, I am a bit bendy and used to my hips, knees, elbows and shoulders making cracking noises with no other pain or discomfort. But this time I am hobbling around like an old lady :( It hurts to get out of my chair let alone attempt exercise!

Going to the osteo tonight, hopefully she tells me it'll be ok soon but far out, every time I get to a good place in my plan something liek this happens.

MASSIVE SAD FACE! Sorry for the whinge....

Update - my osteo took a look at it last night, looks like I have strained a tendon in my hip joint. Well that's what she is hoping it is. Other option is that there is a tear in either one of the tendons or in the hip capsule, which would be bad. Treatment so far is anti inflammatory tablets and to try to be kind to it to see if there is any improvement. If not - scans then reassessment.

Here's hoping that volotaren is enough! xoxo

Oh dear...but I guess a strained tendon isn't one of the worst answers you could have heard. Hopefully with some rest and antiinflammatorys you'll be good as new in no time. You can be our guinea pig...can short people lose weight by limiting calories, but not not exercising...but, no pressure. lol
  • renee474
    renee474 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and can really relate to the posts on this thread. A little bit of gain is really noticeable. I am struggling to lose my pregnancy weight and could use all the support I can get. Would love to be part of the group and the challenge!
  • martinkristyk
    martinkristyk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow-- who knew there were so many short women on here!? I am 5' 1" and aiming to lose 10 pounds. I lost 10 earlier this year (before I joined this site), and I'm working on another 10 before year end. Happy to friend/support anyone.... mutual help is great!

Good luck, ladies!!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and it sucks. Some of my friends weigh more than me but look thinner because I'm so short. :(
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi! :)
    Yes! Trust me you are not alone! I am 5'1 and I feel like a whale haha :grumble:

Same here I am 5'0 and I look huge I hate it!!!

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jilly67
    jilly67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be included as well. I'm 5"1 and having a hard time losing. Having such a low BMR is definitely challenging.
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    Welcome newbies! I'm lovin findin new gals that have s much in common with my self! finally! =) xoxox and hope ur ALL doing fabulous! VERTICAL CHALLENGERS LETS DO THIS!
  • sherrielmurry
    sherrielmurry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I am a shorty, too. I am 4'9" and my starting weight was 160. My goal weight is 135. My trouble zone is stubborn belly fat. And, it looks even worse on me because I am short. Sometimes, I look like I am pregnant.

I've only been logged on for one week and I am enjoying this website. I really appreciate all of the encouragement. I intend to hang in there to reach my fitness goals.

To all the 5'0" and under ladies, hang in there. We can accomplish our goals as long as we are consistent in our weight loss efforts, i.e. eat sensible and exercise regularly. It took me 20 years to gain this weight and I can't lose it overnight.

If you need some encouragement, friend me. Talk to you shorties soon...
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Have a good weekend everyone!!
    10132576.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5" and overweight too...SUCKS :frown:
  • DisneyPrincess04
    Options
    Hey everyone. So nice to see other shorties here! I'm going to go back and read up here

I'm currently 110 pounds and want to be about 103ish. We all know 7 pounds on us is like 15 on someone of average height!
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    I'm in! I've lost three lbs this week alone!
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi shorties! I am new to MFP and am soooooo glad I found this thread for us 4'11 folk! It is so frustrating at this height being Latina. I have hips and butt and a tummy and my height just squishes everything together. When I work out I tend to bulk up fast too due to my height. Wish I had that nice lean, long look. Oh well!

PS. Add me ladies. I joined two days and have no friends =(
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!