Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm down for the challenge!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    OOH!!!! Please let me in the shorties group?!?! I'm 5' nothing, about 209 lbs. Even without the fat layers, I've got a stocky build so with it all put together, I'm quite the butterball. lol

And I think I can meet that 3lb challenge!
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    Jeez finally a 4'11 group! this is me! what does everyone think a goal weight for this height group would be??

I'm thinking I *may* try for 125, which is the upper end of for healthy on the BMI chart. Since I have fat bones under the rest of my fat, going under 125 may not be that realistic.
  • dianerml
    dianerml Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just started using my Fitness Pal, I'm so happy to see this post.

I'm 5'0 and I want to lose 40-50 pounds. I'm kind of disappointed in myself because last year I lost twenty pounds by eating right and exercising and this year I put it all back on by eating horribly and not exercising at all. I had made such good habits for myself and then I just threw them out the window for no reason. Well, aside from the instant gratification of eating when I am stressed. Worst habit ever. I am ready to re-commit and get back to having healthy habits, feeling good, and having more energy.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am 4'10" and currently 110 lbs BUT with 29" waistline...so would love to see inches come off.
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 with around 65 pounds to lose...good luck! Feel free to add me!
  • Shellitz
    Options
    I'm just scraping in at 5ft as well! Very frustrating when you see things like "wow I lost 1.5kg this week"... when that is a whole freaking dress size for us!!! I look at my 7kg total loss goal and think far out why do I struggle to even lose one!

Must admit I've had a really bad run heath wise over the last 4-5 months (had pneumonia and now just keep getting every bug that comes my way) but trying AGAIN to kick start my journey. C25K starts tonight and I am pumped :)
  • Shellitz
    Options
    count me IN for 3 pounds in a month :)
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    4 11 here too. But don't they say that great things come in small packages.. LOL I tell people I'm that small package LOL I started out at 186 now I'm plataeued, I'm bouncing between 139 and 144. And I HATE it.
  • shadowfx
    Options
    Yep, 4 11 here as well, but large framed (go figure) blame my germanic ancestry LOL. Starting out at 192 this week :ohwell:
    SugarDiva i'd KILL to get down to your range!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME! I am 4' 11 and 144.5 right now. I started at 159 after having my second baby. I am ready to feel good again and finally lose the weight. I am currently in a challenge but would love to join another to have more motivation!! My goal is to get to 120lbs. add me fellow shorties!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and started last September at my heighest (known) weight of 223 lbs. I am, as of today, 131 lbs. My goal as of right now is 120 lbs., but we'll see how I look/feel when I get there. It sucks because even with a 92 lb. weight loss so far, I'm still in the overweight category on the charts....this is a time when being short stinks!

Feel free to add me as a friend. And I'm totally in for the 3lb. loss by October 14th. I need as much motivation as I can get :)
  • laroja1110
    laroja1110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I'm so excited!! We have 3 pages of lovely ladies claiming 5'3" and under..Woot Woot I hardly ever meet other women my height dealing with a similar weight issue...feels good to know I'm not alone :)
  • preciousperez
    Options
    I am so happy I wasn't the only shorty on MFP. Nice to meet all of you. Feel free to add me. Luv you all!
  • paticksmama07
    paticksmama07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I need to lose 28lbs. Which will look like I've lost 60lbs to everyone else because I am so short. You aren't alone and good luck to you!!!
  • ChelseaL618
    ChelseaL618 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OOOOO! I'm excited! Proposed team name:
    The vertical challengers
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    Yeah...I'm so excited!! We have 3 pages of lovely ladies claiming 5'3" and under..Woot Woot I hardly ever meet other women my height dealing with a similar weight issue...feels good to know I'm not alone :)

Yes, it feels SO good. My mother and sister are both 5' 2" I believe and are big girls, too....but they're not really interested in changing that situation at the moment. Being comfortable and fat with them is easy to slip back into, so I've been hoping to get hooked up with some shorties that are trying to get healthier and thinner.

I don't know how these group things work...should we get a name? And a fancy sig tag? lol
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    OOOOO! I'm excited! Proposed team name:
    The vertical challengers

LOVE IT!:heart:
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am in for the 3 lbs in one month and to motivate each other. Everyone feel free to add me as a friend.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    5'1 and started at 258 ... currently 228 have a long way to go my goal is 125
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!