4"11 ladies (very short and overqeight)

Options

Replies

• gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yup...what do we need to setup the group?
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Another 4'11" here! 109, wanting to reach 105.

Nice to meet everyone !
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall and I'd love to be part of a short lady group! I'm just starting to figure out this MFP thing and I'd love to be friends with some fellow shorties- feel free to add me!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" . Weigh 204 now. Have large bottom half. And even when I was 105 I was still out of proportion. May not be able to change the basic pear shape but have a goal weight of 125. As vertically challenged we do look worse while being the same amount overweight as our taller friends. Oh well, just think how cute we're going to look when we reach our goals.:
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    4'11.5...my highest was 165 pregnant and the lowest was 103 (7/11) That was way to hard to maintain! I am happy between 107-110, but my body is stuck at 111 right now. I guess it doesn't really matter if I can maintain between 15-17% bodyfat. So I have some work to do. Definitely in for cheering on my fellow shorties :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me!
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found all the fun sized people!!! (that's what my mom and friends call me)

I'm 5' 1/2". Hoping to loose 40lbs by my wedding in June, then I'll evaluate and see if I want to loose more.

Would love to join the group and count me in for dropping 3lbs in a month! I hoping it will be more than that :)
  • Ivanna80
    Options
    I am 4'11, 5'0 with my shoes on...I feel your pain!
  • Ivanna80
    Options
    Jeez finally a 4'11 group! this is me! what does everyone think a goal weight for this height group would be??

I'm 4'11 and hope to be 110
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You all have another shortie right here. 5'1. Currently at 130 as of today but would love to be at 110-115, the weight I was when I felt comfortable with my body. Before then I was super skinny and didn't like the way I looked. Packed on pounds but couldn't stop! lol I love the proposed group name and what can we do to get started. I think it would be a great idea. :bigsmile:

I'm always envious of the groups that have posters in their signatures with their team names. Maybe we should look into doing something like that and making it more official?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 4' 10 1/2". My starting weight was 172 lb. I'm plateaued at 130 lb right now. I think my goal weight is 110 lb, but I'm not sure since I've never been that low. My lowest adult weight was 117 lb. I guess I'll see if I ever get there.
  • picinina
    Options
    I would be silly not to show my face amongst this little bundle of energy!

Consider myself a flat 5ft munchkin, like most of you. My goal weight is 125-120. I have lost 6lbs so far, which technically makes me the smallest I have ever been my entire adult life. I started about 1 1/2 months ago, so I am happy with this progress rate.

WOULD LOVE TO INCLUDE MYSELF!
  • TinyTina2012
    Options
    Add me! I'm 4'11"... When I hit 130 pounds I knew I had to make a change, I am hovering around 110 right now. I found myself obsessing with the scale so now I am trying to focus on losing inches. But I have to say it's crazy how gaining just 5 pounds will make me have to jump up a pant size.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm always envious of the groups that have posters in their signatures with their team names. Maybe we should look into doing something like that and making it more official?

I might be able to rig up a little something. Can anyone come up with a short slogan to go with the team name, which I think has been unofficially agreed to be the Vertical Challengers?
  • zookeeperjess
    Options
    I am 5 foot 1 inch and have lost 26 pounds. My starting weight was 154 and I just reached 128 pounds today. I have lost 5 inches off of my waist and went from a size 10 to a size 5. You can do it!!

010copy_edited-1.jpg
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

I might be able to rig up a little something. Can anyone come up with a short slogan to go with the team name, which I think has been unofficially agreed to be the Vertical Challengers?

Awesome! Here are some I found to give us ideas...

Size does matter and shorter is hotter.
    Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better.
    One small step for woman, one giant leap for womankind. (I figured I'd change it, since I haven't seen any short men writing in here lol)
    Small but perfectly formed.
    Good things come in small packages.
    Short is sexy.
  • starrstarr007
    Options
    I have toyed with MFP for a long time, but really only became serious on here in May 2011. I was at my highest then of 187 lbs and I am 5 foot... As of this morning I weighed in at 170lbs. My goal weight right now is 131lbs by May 2012 (my wedding!!). I have quit smoking, i'm trying to find a new job (losing mine!), move my fiance into my house, plan a wedding 6,000 miles away and 2 extra receptions (one local and one 3,000 miles away) and still be a nice wonderful girl :) I thought I wouldn't want to have any friends on here or chat with people but I have realized that all of my skinny friends don't get it. I am having a party today because I went up from the 5lbs resistance band to the 10lb one. I would love to find some friends on here and I would love to be part of the 3 lbs challenge. I am travelling a lot in the next month but I have formulated a plan for it so I hope it will work. I really would like 4 lbs :)
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options

Awesome! Here are some I found to give us ideas...

Size does matter and shorter is hotter.
    Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better.
    One small step for woman, one giant leap for womankind. (I figured I'd change it, since I haven't seen any short men writing in here lol)
    Small but perfectly formed.
    Good things come in small packages.
    Short is sexy.

'm all for whichever slogan everyone can agree upon. I would happily make a cute poster for us but unfortunately I am not so artisticly gifted. . perhaps someone who's more familiar with doing such things... I would LOVE to add a cute VERTICAL CHALLENGERS poster to my signature! =)
  • chefswife67
    Options
    I'm 5 foot and have been over weight most my life.. Before i came to MFP I was 230lbs i lost 15lbs so i was 215 when i started MFP... I have lost 18lbs since being on MFP, My weight is now 197lbs & still have 62lbs to lose before i get to 135lbs, Hope i make it ...
  • bmayes
    Options
    5'1 (really 5'0 lol. I can be honest here). I think a group would be great. I think we have different challenges than the 'average' height folks! Count me in!!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just did this really quick and suggestions are very welcome!

2nl7441.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!