Replies

• akrzyzewski
    akrzyzewski Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Take at least 1 crappy outfit, if u have 1, and burn it. Seriously
  • teponey
    teponey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Give them to your jealous "fat" friends, who did not support you during this process :)))))) I've read that happens a lot, so don't get mad, get even :)

hehe, I had one person make catty remarks about my weight thru two babies & afterwards. Is currently unaware she has my nine months pregnant hand me downs... (which I think she has outgrown) thats what I call karma!

I gave a lot away & put a few of my nicer work outfits on trademe (like ebay)
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I put all of my huge-*kitten* jeans and oversized shirts in a garbage bag, then set the bag aside for later. When I've reached my goal, I plan to take 'after' pictures with them held up to my waist and whatnot. And maybe keep 1 or 2 pairs behind beyond that point to remind myself to NEVER let that happen again...
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out my cupboards and closet last weekend and donated three garbage bagfuls to the opportunity shop. I held on to a couple of new, almost new items and am now trying to sell them on ebay.

Last time I gave some clothes to a friend she was offended that I thought they would be her size. She thought she was so much smaller than me. I had the last (quiet) laugh when I noticed her wearing them later.
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I gave my to the 'donation' box down the street. It felt weird, because I had a LOT of 'fat pants' and a bit scary. But today I tried on the remaining fall-back pair I kept and even they are way too big ... so, they are going to the bin too.

I think not having any fall-back is keeping me on my right trajectory ... but now I do have to go shopping because I don't have but 3 pairs of dress slacks for work. (Good problem to have actually).

Additionally, my suits need to be taken in (scary ... is this real? did I really do this this time?!? ... yes I have).
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I am donating them b/c I never want an excuse to go back into those sizes.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    To me, though I support the salvation army and the goodwill, and understand they need to sell the clothes to raise money....I would rather give them to people who need it and have no money to buy them. The last few times I have donated clothes I dropped them off at a domestic violence shelter and this local organization/shelter for kids who run away from abusive homes. The way I look at it is that they probably left with little to no clothes and they really need some help.
    Just sayin :)
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Casual clothes I sent to a shelter. My business suits and skirts I had tailored down.
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It felt good to go shopping again in my own closet. I have also noticed that shirts (XLs) don't fit me either and even underwear (sorry if that is TMI) ... I've actually gone down a size in all garments. I don't want any reminders of my fatness, so even my good stuff is getting the boot.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Many of my clothing aren't really going to be functional for someone else. I've been a tshirt and jeans type girl but right now I'm living out of 2 sweat pants because not much fits. ARGH!

If you have nicer labels sell them to help fund smaller stuff. Give away to charity shops or churches usually can find some good new home for them.

I've also seen people make quilts out of them and more recently I seen a way to weave rugs out of shirts using a hula hoop on pintrest. For those that want a visual remembrance of where they were without the letting themselves go because they have the clothes that will fit. Link to the hula hoop http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k610/danyelepalmer/beforeandafter.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!