Biggest loser Couples Disappointed

Options
I do not know what to say. How can you call it couples if all but one couple is at home?
and do not get to come back for 30 days.
I have NO interest in watching any more of this, I am SADLY disappointed. Very, Very disappointed.
:frown: :angry: :frown:
--Diann...

Replies

• diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I do not know what to say. How can you call it couples if all but one couple is at home?
    I have NO interest in watching any more of this, I am SADLY disappointed. Very, Very disappointed.
    --Diann...
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    well they still have to stay motivated so the other part of the couple can come back on the show....... they have to work even harder now
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    --Diann...
    I see it in a different light... one of the team players mentioned this and I have to say I think she's right on the money. She mentioned that folks at home will see this and be able to realize they too can do it at home. I think they're making a great effort to let the viewers know that everyone that's overweight doesn't need to go on the BL to lose weight. They can be motivated by it but we can all do the very same thing here at home.

The motivation I believe is the person staying is now responsible to her/his partner back home...the person back home will be highly motivated to work their tail off in case they come back in 30 days! It's way to many teams for one episode so I was wondering how they were planning on handling that many...

we'll probably all have a different view on this.....

and yes...it was tough to watch the folks left behind look so sad and alone but they'll get kickin it in the gym again and be more motivated than ever so they don't let themselves and team mate down.:drinker:

FC:heart:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Yeah but still, I thought it was a HUGE disappointment for me, A let down if you will.
    So there are 6 people that NEED biggest loser that are at home without the aid of biggest loser.
    I may watch one more but after this I highly doubt it, And that upsets me because I missed the one before this and I was SO excited.
    Oh Well.
    Yes I heard that statement about the people at home and you are RIGHT that is a good thing, But still it is not COUPLES if they send the other person HOME!
    To me it was a disappointment, And You are also right I do not expect everyone to follow with me on this. This is just how I feel about it.
    --Diann...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for this twist either.

It's the one season where ALL of them need as much help as they can get and it's disappointing to see 9 people gone from the get-go. :grumble:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    well dang:sad: now I'm bummed too:noway: Yea I do see you guys point... especially it being the very first day at the ranch they have to lose their partner...:noway:
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Nobody likes those kinds of twists, but they gotta keep it interesting somehow!!
    It'll be interesting to see who stays motivated enough to stay on and come back. So far I like the Orange team, maybe cause I have a cousin that can relate to the same weight issues. Too early to tell if there are any beyotches yet! lol

I'm a diehard fan no matter how many twists they put in, just a good motivational show.
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

It's the one season where ALL of them need as much help as they can get and it's disappointing to see 9 people gone from the get-go. :grumble:

I know what you mean though, these ppl are so excited to get a 2nd chance at life and it was just a tease to go to the Ranch for a week.
  • Shannon023
    Options

I know what you mean though, these ppl are so excited to get a 2nd chance at life and it was just a tease to go to the Ranch for a week.

Someone else on this site mentioned a couple seasons ago (wish I remembered who) that all reality shows don't have to be modeled after Survivor where someone is voted off every week.

Would be interesting to have everyone stay the entire time and see what they can accomplish. :smile: I'm sure there would be some pretty good cat-fights too! :laugh: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Someone else on this site mentioned a couple seasons ago (wish I remembered who) that all reality shows don't have to be modeled after Survivor where someone is voted off every week.

Would be interesting to have everyone stay the entire time and see what they can accomplish. :smile: I'm sure there would be some pretty good cat-fights too! :laugh: :wink:
    I recall that being mentioned as well maybe it was said twice?:laugh: Since I've only been here since Aug

I do think that woudl be a cool way to do it, you're right they all are pretty much all following the lead of survivor....
  • Shannon023
    Options

I recall that being mentioned as well maybe it was said twice?:laugh: Since I've only been here since Aug

I do think that woudl be a cool way to do it, you're right they all are pretty much all following the lead of survivor....

Be okay if they had Jeff Probst (:love: ) hosting all of them though. :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Be okay if they had Jeff Probst (:love: ) hosting all of them though. :bigsmile:
    :bigsmile:
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I thought it was very cruel after only one week to send these people home. However, there is hope for returning. Has anyone signed up for the Biggest Loser Online Club??? If so, has it helped??
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I thought it was very cruel after only one week to send these people home. However, there is hope for returning. Has anyone signed up for the Biggest Loser Online Club??? If so, has it helped??
    nah I don't do the money sites...I think it's a pay one right?

I did however sign up for MFP back in August and have never looked back!:laugh: :flowerforyou: and it's FREE and it WORKS:drinker:
  • mpdpratima
    Options
    I totally agree! This would be a great idea. Maybe someone from the show will read this. With no pressure to be voted off, the challenge would be to see who would stay motivated.
  • mpdpratima
    Options
    Good point. I used to do ediets but then they revamped their site and I gave up. I really like MFP. It is well designed and easy to use. How do they pay for it???
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Good point. I used to do ediets but then they revamped their site and I gave up. I really like MFP. It is well designed and easy to use. How do they pay for it???
    ads that you see up above the board here pay for it mostly from what I've heard from other members who have been here much longer than I
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I liked it! Interesting to see the different couples stategies to keep the one person there. Do you keep the one who needs the most pushing and training, or do you keep the strong one who will hope to not get voted off? Notably, the one who loses alot of weight the first week or two, tends to slow down. So, you get your partner back and they've lost 10 lbs which then brings your couple wt. below the yellow line at weigh in and your gone. Hmmm, and interesting twist. I'd go home and kick some major butt so I'd weigh less than my partner and then have the advantage of knowing how to do it at home myself! :bigsmile:
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    I also am somewhat disappointed. I will still watch the show though. I just feel bad for the ones going home after only one week!!!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed too. Seems a bit unfair for those that were sent home to only have a week to learn how to change their life. I hope they were able to.