Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    *fans harder* :laugh:

Just back off Jeff Probst & we'll be fine! :laugh:

You've got yourself a deal!
    :laugh: without looking I can bet money that this is a quote from Shannon:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I just watched the show on my DVR. What melodrama! Seriously, what's with all the crying? I try to watch the finale shows because I'm really inspired by the results, but the weekly drama is not helpful. The voting off thing ala Survivor is sooo overdone. If the show really cared about people losing weight, they'd find another format. But here's my real beef. They want us to watch their show and be inspired and lose weight if we need to (so they say), but we can only find out the details of the program by going on their website and joining their club for a contractual commitment. Do they ever talk details of the exercise program or -- God forbid -- the food plan? NO. Tonight Bob did a little in program commercial for some gadget that tracks calories. Someone on the tube mentioned that the contestants exercise 2-3 hours a day. Is that all? Does anyone know the details of the program? I'd really like to know how to lose that much weight in one week.

I thought I had read where they exercise 7-8 hours a day on the show and that is why so many former contestants gain it back. :frown:
    probably the same reason any of us have gained it back in the past. not sticking to what we know works....thinking of it more as a 'diet' rather than a lifestyle change to be maintained.

I think it would be quite hard to really change your habits being so secluded from real life...then you hit real life again and no one around you has changed so you have to really keep on track on what you've been doing for the number of months. YUP....wouldnt' be something I'd want to do...cause it sorta is like a diet in a way...but heck it's entertainment they all (producers..lol) make big bucks on! Ohhhhhhh and of course how can we forget the advertisements..

Brita water filters anyone? Not knockin the product but ZOOOOOOOOOWIE the blatant advertising smack dab in the middle of the show is crazy...:bigsmile: :noway: :laugh:

No, I think Shannon means that their bodies get use to burning the calories from working out 7-8 hours a day (unrealistic if U have a job/stay at home Mom) therefore U gain back when U aint putting that kinda of time in.

Slow and steady wins the race.

BTW BL had the restaurant owners 1 season and the family that won was from here. The Dad still has the weight off, have not seen the other family members.
    oops thanks for the clarification Before... I responded but didn't backtrack first to catch up fully on where this thread was going.

Thanks for the heads up:drinker: :happy: Oh my goodness I so read your words wrong Shannon...so sorry...what I read and what you typed are not the same:blushing: :noway: :blushing:

I have no clue how I read 'so why do they all gain it back'..................oops NOT what you said...

Ok, um, never mind on my previous post folks:blushing: :laugh: :blushing: :huh: :noway: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I just watched the show on my DVR. What melodrama! Seriously, what's with all the crying? I try to watch the finale shows because I'm really inspired by the results, but the weekly drama is not helpful. The voting off thing ala Survivor is sooo overdone. If the show really cared about people losing weight, they'd find another format. But here's my real beef. They want us to watch their show and be inspired and lose weight if we need to (so they say), but we can only find out the details of the program by going on their website and joining their club for a contractual commitment. Do they ever talk details of the exercise program or -- God forbid -- the food plan? NO. Tonight Bob did a little in program commercial for some gadget that tracks calories. Someone on the tube mentioned that the contestants exercise 2-3 hours a day. Is that all? Does anyone know the details of the program? I'd really like to know how to lose that much weight in one week.

I thought I had read where they exercise 7-8 hours a day on the show and that is why so many former contestants gain it back. :frown:
    probably the same reason any of us have gained it back in the past. not sticking to what we know works....thinking of it more as a 'diet' rather than a lifestyle change to be maintained.

I think it would be quite hard to really change your habits being so secluded from real life...then you hit real life again and no one around you has changed so you have to really keep on track on what you've been doing for the number of months. YUP....wouldnt' be something I'd want to do...cause it sorta is like a diet in a way...but heck it's entertainment they all (producers..lol) make big bucks on! Ohhhhhhh and of course how can we forget the advertisements..

Brita water filters anyone? Not knockin the product but ZOOOOOOOOOWIE the blatant advertising smack dab in the middle of the show is crazy...:bigsmile: :noway: :laugh:

No, I think Shannon means that their bodies get use to burning the calories from working out 7-8 hours a day (unrealistic if U have a job/stay at home Mom) therefore U gain back when U aint putting that kinda of time in.

BTW BL had the restaurant owners 1 season and the family that won was from here. The Dad still has the weight off, have not seen the other family members.
    oops thanks for the clarification Before... I responded but didn't backtrack first to catch up fully on where this thread was going.

Thanks for the heads up:drinker: :happy:

No problem, I just thought it was important we see there is work to do after the goal is reached.
    Something I look forward to challenging this time, getting it off and staying off.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I love this show and think Bob and Jillian truly care for the people. I mean did you see their reactions when they saw how much weight they were dealing with? Biggest Loser I have done some research on it and thought about applying, but they don't lose all the weight in 12 weeks it is more like 8 months, and they don't work out for the last chance work out and then weigh, they weigh in the morning and the then their weights are shown at night, plus a week might not be 7 days it might be more like 10 days. Plus people when you see them react to a certain weight at weigh in, it might not be the reaction to that certain thing, EDITING, but the show serves its purpose by getting others motivated and changing the casts lives....I love the show...wish I could be on it, I would love to get away for 3 months just to concentrate on weight loss and the money would be good too!!!!!!:laugh:

Hey FG2G do you have a good source on articles expaining how that stuff works....the only real eyeopener I've seen is reading the Vicki/hubby one from someplace I've now forgotten.:grumble:

Would love to read more on background of the guts of the show
    Thanks in advance for anyone with inside info:laugh:
  • karabeara
    karabeara Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I thought the concept was good... to show that it can be done at home. I just think it would have been better to give them more than 1 WEEK at the ranch before sending them home. I mean, these poor people are really going to have a hard time at home. Maybe if they had done that after 3 weeks, then they would have more tools to work with and and easier time?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Thanks for the heads up:drinker: :happy:

No problem, I just thought it was important we see there is work to do after the goal is reached.
    Something I look forward to challenging this time, getting it off and staying off.
    totally hear ya on that one Before:drinker: :happy: Otherwise much work only to put it all back on.....not what we want, not healthy and we're NOT gonna do it are we gang:drinker: :wink:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I thought the concept was good... to show that it can be done at home. I just think it would have been better to give them more than 1 WEEK at the ranch before sending them home. I mean, these poor people are really going to have a hard time at home. Maybe if they had done that after 3 weeks, then they would have more tools to work with and and easier time?

And you KNOW the Green girl (can't remember her name :ohwell: ) that went home isn't gonna do squat once she gets home. :grumble:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    yea I do agree on both points...I rather like the idea they are letting home viewers know it can be done in real time but I so think the 1 week was awful quick and a musta been a HUGE disapointment to be sure for the players and partners....and like someone mentioned...the look on the trainers faces said it all!!:noway: :cry: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

And you KNOW the Green girl (can't remember her name :ohwell: ) that went home isn't gonna do squat once she gets home. :grumble:
    is she the one that cried and said she had to go home cause she didn't want to be the one blamed if she couldn't bring her partner back Shannon?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

is she the one that cried and said she had to go home cause she didn't want to be the one blamed if she couldn't bring her partner back Shannon?

I don't remember what she said, but I think so. She was being the drama queen on the treadmill though. :huh:
  • karabeara
    karabeara Posts: 19 Member
    Options

No kidding! She bugged me right from the start, but I did think her partner was hillarious, glad she's the one staying.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

the guy that owned the deli? That who you mean? I saw an update on him not long ago...I think he too does speaking engagments as well.

He mentioned he went back and sold it!:drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

I don't remember what she said, but I think so. She was being the drama queen on the treadmill though. :huh:
    Yeah, I know what you're talking about! It was her friend Jeannie that kept her going!! :ohwell:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I thought it was very cruel after only one week to send these people home. However, there is hope for returning. Has anyone signed up for the Biggest Loser Online Club??? If so, has it helped??

Oh now come to think of it there was an MFP member who is a member of the BL site and shared she loves it and it really helps her..

Here's her user name if you want to look her up...if I have the name not quite right just let me know and I'll get the correct one to you (no time to look it up right now as I should actually be heading out the door pretty quick..lol) JesusGirl I belive is how she spells it out.

www.myfitnesspal.com/JesusGirl can get you to her profile...she's not on to often but you could ask her how it's working for her:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Bob is my boyfriend. Bet y'all didn't know that. *fans self* :embarassed:
    :laugh: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Yeah, I know what you're talking about! It was her friend Jeannie that kept her going!! :ohwell:
    I think I missed the drama on the treadmill but I may have looked away for that reason:laugh:

Yea she was pretty dramatic on the bed talking to her partner, sorta like she'd already given up:brokenheart: I think one of the models Jillian commented on her mental health needing much more help than weight loss in regards to importance.

Can you imagine having to keep your weight so low to be a model and keep in the business then gaining, what a mess to your self image (if you even had much of one going through what all the models have to go through, yup big bucks but rough life) to then have that happen.

Ok, done analizing and off to hit an appt and then the gym...

Great day to all!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    hate to break it to you ladies, but i'm pretty sure bob's on the gay team...
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Whoever said that they should do a 3 week thing and THEN start the voting off thing is right on the money.
    Other then the trainers I do not think that the people that produce this show give a rats butt about these people. They are only in it to make the money from Britta and Subway and whatever other commercials that they have on.
    Then they have their little BL site that they CHARGE for, when there are sites like this where we all care about each other. that are FREE! HELLO!
    I have always thought that they SHOULD have each and EVERY one stay there week after week and then at the END of it, do a weigh in... the one that stayed motivated and won the most amount of weight % is the winner.
    OR Each of the ones that they "VOTE OFF" gets to have the option of going home or going to a side bar place to keep up the work. and be the 3rd team... They did that one season and I thought that was the GREATEST THING!
    Because think about it.
    You have just been voted off by these people, You are pissed, but NOW you get to go to a different training place and still get a fighting chance at being the biggest loser! I tell you THAT would be motivation for them. The people that are sent home get a gym membership and the BL book. WEEEEEEeeeeee that is a LOT of HELP! :angry:
    --Diann...
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    For sure Bob is a flamer!, As for the Trident gum and all the other promos, they are there for the cash. End of story. Ths whiner was Laura I think and I would have freaked if she puked on my treadmill!:laugh: She'll win the show, the drama queen, just wait.
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    hate to break it to you ladies, but i'm pretty sure bob's on the gay team...

Oh come on. Next you will say is Richard Simmons is gay.
    :bigsmile: