Biggest loser Couples Disappointed

Options

Replies

• sooz
    sooz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just watched the show on my DVR. What melodrama! Seriously, what's with all the crying? I try to watch the finale shows because I'm really inspired by the results, but the weekly drama is not helpful. The voting off thing ala Survivor is sooo overdone. If the show really cared about people losing weight, they'd find another format. But here's my real beef. They want us to watch their show and be inspired and lose weight if we need to (so they say), but we can only find out the details of the program by going on their website and joining their club for a contractual commitment. Do they ever talk details of the exercise program or -- God forbid -- the food plan? NO. Tonight Bob did a little in program commercial for some gadget that tracks calories. Someone on the tube mentioned that the contestants exercise 2-3 hours a day. Is that all? Does anyone know the details of the program? I'd really like to know how to lose that much weight in one week.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,993 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for this twist either.

It's the one season where ALL of them need as much help as they can get and it's disappointing to see 9 people gone from the get-go. :grumble:

I know what you mean though, these ppl are so excited to get a 2nd chance at life and it was just a tease to go to the Ranch for a week.

Someone else on this site mentioned a couple seasons ago (wish I remembered who) that all reality shows don't have to be modeled after Survivor where someone is voted off every week.

Would be interesting to have everyone stay the entire time and see what they can accomplish. :smile: I'm sure there would be some pretty good cat-fights too! :laugh: :wink:
    I recall that being mentioned as well maybe it was said twice?:laugh: Since I've only been here since Aug

I do think that woudl be a cool way to do it, you're right they all are pretty much all following the lead of survivor....

Ah, but stay tuned. You never know what may happen still. Maybe there will be weigh-ins for the "at home" people - and that may factor in later on.
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    I do not know what to say. How can you call it couples if all but one couple is at home?
    and do not get to come back for 30 days.
    I have NO interest in watching any more of this, I am SADLY disappointed. Very, Very disappointed.
    :frown: :angry: :frown:
    --Diann...
    I see it in a different light... one of the team players mentioned this and I have to say I think she's right on the money. She mentioned that folks at home will see this and be able to realize they too can do it at home. I think they're making a great effort to let the viewers know that everyone that's overweight doesn't need to go on the BL to lose weight. They can be motivated by it but we can all do the very same thing here at home.

The motivation I believe is the person staying is now responsible to her/his partner back home...the person back home will be highly motivated to work their tail off in case they come back in 30 days! It's way to many teams for one episode so I was wondering how they were planning on handling that many...

we'll probably all have a different view on this.....

and yes...it was tough to watch the folks left behind look so sad and alone but they'll get kickin it in the gym again and be more motivated than ever so they don't let themselves and team mate down.:drinker:

FC:heart:

I completely agree with FC! It makes the Biggest Loser more of a reality. Most people can't take weeks off of work to concentrate on diet/exercise.
  • amymac
    amymac Posts: 42
    Options
    This new group has just broken my heart. I wish them all so much success. *does that sentence make sense?*
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love this show and think Bob and Jillian truly care for the people. I mean did you see their reactions when they saw how much weight they were dealing with? Biggest Loser I have done some research on it and thought about applying, but they don't lose all the weight in 12 weeks it is more like 8 months, and they don't work out for the last chance work out and then weigh, they weigh in the morning and the then their weights are shown at night, plus a week might not be 7 days it might be more like 10 days. Plus people when you see them react to a certain weight at weigh in, it might not be the reaction to that certain thing, EDITING, but the show serves its purpose by getting others motivated and changing the casts lives....I love the show...wish I could be on it, I would love to get away for 3 months just to concentrate on weight loss and the money would be good too!!!!!!:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I just watched the show on my DVR. What melodrama! Seriously, what's with all the crying? I try to watch the finale shows because I'm really inspired by the results, but the weekly drama is not helpful. The voting off thing ala Survivor is sooo overdone. If the show really cared about people losing weight, they'd find another format. But here's my real beef. They want us to watch their show and be inspired and lose weight if we need to (so they say), but we can only find out the details of the program by going on their website and joining their club for a contractual commitment. Do they ever talk details of the exercise program or -- God forbid -- the food plan? NO. Tonight Bob did a little in program commercial for some gadget that tracks calories. Someone on the tube mentioned that the contestants exercise 2-3 hours a day. Is that all? Does anyone know the details of the program? I'd really like to know how to lose that much weight in one week.

I thought I had read where they exercise 7-8 hours a day on the show and that is why so many former contestants gain it back. :frown:
  • amymac
    Options
    Bob is my boyfriend. Bet y'all didn't know that. *fans self* :embarassed:
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yeah they do work out like 8 hours a day, I mean they have no phone, tv, internet or anything so what else do they do. Also, the trainers are not with them all day, just a couple of hours so they have to do a lot of homework!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Bob is my boyfriend. Bet y'all didn't know that. *fans self* :embarassed:

It's the yoga poses, ain't it???? :smokin:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    What really makes the twist so bad is that they have only been there 1 week. How do they learn anything in 1 week other than Jillian can yell and maybe has bad breath.

This twist shows it is all about the ratings and not about helping them. Both trainers appeared pissed when the twist was announced.

Cant help it, I'll B watching. I am hoping the young guy in orange changes his life around. Too young to be that big.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I thought I had read where they exercise 7-8 hours a day on the show and that is why so many former contestants gain it back. :frown:
    probably the same reason any of us have gained it back in the past. not sticking to what we know works....thinking of it more as a 'diet' rather than a lifestyle change to be maintained.

I think it would be quite hard to really change your habits being so secluded from real life...then you hit real life again and no one around you has changed so you have to really keep on track on what you've been doing for the number of months. YUP....wouldnt' be something I'd want to do...cause it sorta is like a diet in a way...but heck it's entertainment they all (producers..lol) make big bucks on! Ohhhhhhh and of course how can we forget the advertisements..

Brita water filters anyone? Not knockin the product but ZOOOOOOOOOWIE the blatant advertising smack dab in the middle of the show is crazy...:bigsmile: :noway: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    What really makes the twist so bad is that they have only been there 1 week. How do they learn anything in 1 week other than Jillian can yell and maybe has bad breath.

This twist shows it is all about the ratings and not about helping them. Both trainers appeared pissed when the twist was announced.

Cant help it, I'll B watching. I am hoping the young guy in orange changes his life around. Too young to be that big.
    good point Before on the 'ratings'... yea, he's got hope their (Daniel is his name is that right?) that he may never have had in his own home.\

just my thoughts of the moment:drinker:
  • amymac
    Options
    *fans harder* :laugh:
  • amymac
    Options

probably the same reason any of us have gained it back in the past. not sticking to what we know works....thinking of it more as a 'diet' rather than a lifestyle change to be maintained.

I think it would be quite hard to really change your habits being so secluded from real life...then you hit real life again and no one around you has changed so you have to really keep on track on what you've been doing for the number of months. YUP....wouldnt' be something I'd want to do...cause it sorta is like a diet in a way...but heck it's entertainment they all (producers..lol) make big bucks on! Ohhhhhhh and of course how can we forget the advertisements..

Brita water filters anyone? Not knockin the product but ZOOOOOOOOOWIE the blatant advertising smack dab in the middle of the show is crazy...:bigsmile: :noway: :laugh:

Gah! I know. I was like "enough with the commercial already!"
  • Shannon023
    Options

Just back off Jeff Probst & we'll be fine! :laugh:
  • Katton
    Katton Posts: 17
    Options
    I don't think it was fair at all to send those people home. They are clearly there because they need help and couldn't do it on their own. You tell them they are on the show, you help them for a week and then send them home...I don't get it. I hope for their sake it motivates them and they do well.
  • amymac
    Options

Just back off Jeff Probst & we'll be fine! :laugh:

You've got yourself a deal!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I love this show and think Bob and Jillian truly care for the people. I mean did you see their reactions when they saw how much weight they were dealing with? Biggest Loser I have done some research on it and thought about applying, but they don't lose all the weight in 12 weeks it is more like 8 months, and they don't work out for the last chance work out and then weigh, they weigh in the morning and the then their weights are shown at night, plus a week might not be 7 days it might be more like 10 days. Plus people when you see them react to a certain weight at weigh in, it might not be the reaction to that certain thing, EDITING, but the show serves its purpose by getting others motivated and changing the casts lives....I love the show...wish I could be on it, I would love to get away for 3 months just to concentrate on weight loss and the money would be good too!!!!!!:laugh:
    good points!! I just read an article on Vicki and her hubby....really eye opening on how the pieces of the show are put together... like the jumping on the bed scene was not to do with someone voted off but something totally different...

sorta makes it feeling like they're dumbin us up to what's really going on.....BUT reality shows are for entertainment purposes. It's just this one is more real to me, no I don't mean how they piece it together, but it's something I'm working on as well so can relate to how Jillian and Bob were worried and astounded at the large scale numbers. Scary stuff to any of us but we can go into denial until someone yanks us out but to those two they know the true reality of it not being an easy road.

I do like both as trainers....they have their own style and how much of it is for the show and how much of it is real that they'd do in a regular gym for other clients is unknown to us.:laugh: :huh:

I really like when I find articles that tell the behind the scenes of shows...sorta blows it out of the water for entertainment then but helps to much better understand how it all works and why the contestants can be pretty pissed when it's aired and they see the clips all put together.

Has to have ppl we will hate, folks we'll cheer for and folks that can do know wrong...like Ali...she was portrayed in a very positive light and has check the weight off and become a speaker for young people.

Very cool...very confusing....lol

FC:heart:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

No, I think Shannon means that their bodies get use to burning the calories from working out 7-8 hours a day (unrealistic if U have a job/stay at home Mom) therefore U gain back when U aint putting that kinda of time in.

Slow and steady wins the race.

BTW BL had the restaurant owners 1 season and the family that won was from here. The Dad still has the weight off, have not seen the other family members.
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was sad too but I like the idea of one of the half having to do it at home for longer. . .but it was a shocker