Ladies please very random question!!

Options
JamesonsMommy
JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
I belong to a gym and love the aquatic classes.. Well tonight when i got out of class 2 for the evening there was a girl just walking around in her birthday suit in the locker room.. I've heard stories about her and saw her for the first time tonight... back to the story.. Aquatic class over and i grab my stuff to go rinse off and get dressed. 10-15 minutes later i come out she is STILL chilaxing in her bday suit. Pretty sure she was painting her toes or something didn't care to look closer.. WHO DOES THIS!?!? Went to pick up my son from the gyms childcare (my gym is pretty awesome..lol) and asked the worker.. She was laughing just as hard as me.. She had only heard stories about the mythical creature too.. No more gym on thursday nights for me...lol Sorry but does this happen in your locker rooms? is this normal or am i just one big PRUDE? lol

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    it wouldn't bother me, however I've never seen it and I'd never do it.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    it probably wouldn't bother me either, but i would think it was weird and talk about it
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    Bahahaha...well, obviously she's very comfortable in her own skin. ;) That being said, I might do a double-take, but I don't think it would bug me too much. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it myself, though. Heck, I try to avoid be naked at home. lol
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ha ha! I used to belong to a gym where a 300+ pound woman with gray hair down to her knees just hung out naked ALL THE TIME.

She would be knitting in there, naked! She would come hang out by the mirrors to talk if anyone was there blowdrying or whatever, and she was always trying to sell . . . wait for it . . . emu oil.

She would pitch it everyday, to everyone, whether or not you had heard it before, and the best part, she would say emu oil was her secret to being so sexy. It's why she had a boyfriend 20 years younger. hmmmmmm.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    There are some older ladies that bare all at my gym too. I just don't look at them. I went to a boarding high school, so I'm not overly modest, myself. They're just boobs, crotch, and butt. We all have em in one shape or form...
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Haha, well girls do it in movies all the time. I personally would never do that! I would not care to see it either.
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think if they want to walk around naked doing whatever they need to do it at home or with other nudists. I'm not a prude (so you aren't either) I just don't need to see that.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    That's usually a man thing from my understanding, but I've never seen someone do it. I wouldn't, but it's a body like mine, i don't really pay attention.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    One lady at my gym does it (and she is not in great shape, which makes it even more uncomfortable). Super awkward!!! She definitely shouldn't have been there 15 minutes later. I would just avoid that day and/or time :).
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    No you're not a prude. I think it's gross. She clearly wants to show her stuff and has nowhere else to do it. People are there for their health and she's spreading germs. Yuck!!!
  • chefchazz
    Options
    thats ummmm a little creepy. i get walking from the shower to the lockers to dry and change but just hanging out totally naked like youre at home, in a public place.....yikes!
  • Grannyx5
    Options
    Think she might be from another country? Some others are very relaxed about nudity and bathroom privacy. Just wonderin'.
  • wonderific
    Options
    I work at a gym and we have signs posted asking women not to walk around or get into the hot tub naked.
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    oh my!!:blushing:
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Most of the ladies just change quickly and do their thing. But some of the older ladies have been known to cruise around wearing a shirt on top, and zilch on the bottom. And I'm talking shirts that don't cover the beav. Doesn't really bother me though. No big deal. It kind of cracks me up. The older you get, the more modesty goes right out the window. Like frugal said....it's just skin.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This is precisely why I don't own a membership to a gym. I do not get the need to parade around naked in front of other women, not even trying to cover up.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    There are overly naked people at my gym. I just avert my eyes and do what I need to do.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I think she might be a bit extroverted. lol I've seen women walk around naked to do what they need to do...get dressed mostly. Most of us walk around in our towels to get to/from showers, etc. I do think it is strange to spend excessive amounts of time nude in public areas...not in a bothersome way, just unusual. Of course, i can't imagine spending any more time in the locker room than I needed to anyway, clothed or not. I save my toenail painting for at home.
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I walked into the locker room once and there was a girl talking to two other women while she was repeatedly rubbing lotion all up and down her entire naked body...I agree, there should be some modesty envolved lol!

It happens in the guys room too though...my 12 year old son came with me to the gym this one time and he came out of the locker room and said that he never wanted to go in there again! He had just seen things that he was never meant to see!!
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It is a locker room, people are going to be naked, and they will hang out naked IN the locker room. To some, it is just like being naked at home. I don't see why you'd adjust your workout routine to avoid said naked person in the locker room...cause you'll just find more annoying ones that do other things.