Ladies please very random question!!

Options

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I used to run a pool at a YMCA, and this happened all the time. And I mean, ALL the time.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I walked in on someone! But it doesn't bother me. I would just never do it.

When I was on the swim team in high school, there would be TONS of girls in the locker room at meets-- especially state meets. It ranged from girls holding up towels over each other to girls shaving their legs in the sink, completely naked.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Well i think it is something to laugh about and it is weird to me ... this should be on the thread that they had i forgot what it was buut it was funny.. i think it was called wierd things you seen at the gym lol. wish i can find that thread again. lol
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    this is totally cracking me up! hahaha! wow - never even thought about having to deal with that!

and no i am not the one that hangs at the gym nekked. i work out at the apartment gym.
  • suzzeecutie
    Options
    Maybe she is a closet nudist. While it's one thing to change clothes the locker room (that's what it's for), it's quite another to just hang out naked for no reason. I'm the type who might be tempted to politely point that out to someone. If you're uncomfortable saying something to this person ,maybe one of the staff should address this with this particular member.
  • suzzeecutie
    Options
    Maybe she is a closet nudist. While it's one thing to change clothes the locker room (that's what it's for), it's quite another to just hang out naked for no reason. I'm the type who might be tempted to politely point that out to someone. If you're uncomfortable saying something to this person ,maybe one of the staff should address this with this particular member.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I'm not fond of cell phone use in the common shower areas....they all have cameras.. . not that I'm worried my picture will make it to a tabloid....it's just creepy.
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That happens a lot at the gym I now occasionally go to. The first time it happened, I almost tripped while walking but now, I'm like, "Eh, whatever." LOL
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've never seen it at the gym but its the reason I don't go to the community water parks a few towns over anymore. I don't think I'd care if it was all adults but, I had my kids with me.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I wish I was that comfortable in my own skin. Although I probably wouldn't be hanging around THAT long in the buff if no one else was. More power to her, I say!

Unless she's got vag hanging out or is doing something sexual, your discomfort is your issue, not hers. The human body is a beautiful and miraculous thing.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    This is precisely why I don't own a membership to a gym. I do not get the need to parade around naked in front of other women, not even trying to cover up.
    See that's just not fair. I have been thinking about joining a gym and this is a problem. Why should we have to avoid joining a gym or, having paid, avoid certain days so these people can behave that way? She is making people not want to use the gym. What about, as someone mentioned, children? Sometimes you have to bring girls and even boys too young to go alone in the men's change room (which evidently is also unsafe). Can the manager not speak to her?
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I would never do it personally and most of the people at the gym where I workout are modest, thank goodness! :smile:

When I get out of the shower after swimming in the pool, I wrap myself in a towel or bring my clothes along to change into if the locker room isn't too busy.

I can't quite imagine parading around naked. It would make me uncomfortable too.
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and though I may sound wimpy, yeah, this happens on the men's side a lot. Sad thing is, I saw it at my WORK gym *shiver*. Try seeing that and then having to sit across a conference table looking at the person. Never went to the work gym again...NEVER!

--PixarDad
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    I have had people walk around in their birthday suit at my gym in the locker room, but usually it's not for very long its from the shower to change or vice versa...at first I was shocked, then I got use to it!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I always go to the free time at the pool right after one of the aqua classes is over. There's a woman from the class that takes forever to put her clothes on. She sits on the benches naked, puts on lotion, just takes her time. I don't understand why she can't just put a bra and panties on and then do all that stuff. One time she was still hanging around the pool (not the locker room) after the aqua class.. She was standing there talking to another woman and just starts undressing. It's a pretty public indoor pool. Although it's mostly women, men are sometimes there too. And there she was baring it to everyone and still carrying on a conversation with another woman.

I don't know why it bothers me. I guess I figure people don't want to see me, and I wouldn't bare all to total strangers, so I expect other people to be the same, even though they aren't.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    In high school my mom and I would go to the gym in the morning before I had to go to school. The old ladies would just sit around and chat. Naked as the day they were born. My mom and I would always have a good laugh about it before going into the locker rooms and then again in the car on the way home.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've been going to my gym since March and rarely saw women naked in the locker room. Most use the private changing areas or keep covered some how. Yesterday for the first time I saw a girl do that. She was walking around naked when I got there and put my stuff in a locker, she was still hanging out naked when I finished an hour later and got my stuff to leave. She seemed so proud of the fact that she was skinny but it was sickly skinny and I wanted to make her eat a cheese burger (after she got clothes on of course).
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy and though I may sound wimpy, yeah, this happens on the men's side a lot. Sad thing is, I saw it at my WORK gym *shiver*. Try seeing that and then having to sit across a conference table looking at the person. Never went to the work gym again...NEVER!

--PixarDad

I hear there is an abundance of guys at my gym who sit around naked, especially in the sauna. I've heard disturbing stories. The worst is Gym Guy (you all know Gym Guy, every gym has one) won't shower, just strips naked in the sink area and wipes down with a wash cloth.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I would find that eye-roll worthy, but I'd NEVER let it keep me from the gym. I do think it's distasteful, but it's not such a big deal to just avert my eyes. Anyway, this is not typical at my gym. People change, I'm naked while changing, but I'm not just naked for the sake of being naked, which it sounds like this chick is, and neither is anyone else at my gym. What used to really annoy me was the woman who would sing in the shower... She was awful. Lol

I would never 'confront' her or tattle on her to management. It's a locker room, it's annoying behavior, but it's not againt some rule, to be naked there, nor could it be.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

--PixarDad

ACK!!! this would scar me for life!

...and i would probably giggle A LOT more than i already do...hehe