Skinny Dippers! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I made it to 1260 minutes of exercise which doesn't seem a lot compared to the rest of you, but my initial goal was 750 and THAT was pushing me. It actually feels GOOD to exercise.... I am looking forward to my exercise class tomorrow. The goal, even if I did not get to high, spurred me on!.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You ladies are KILLING it! Sorry to disappoint, but I did not reach 2,000. I have not been home at all this weekend. I'll get some burn in tonight, but it won't be enough :( I'm so proud of everyone for keeping to it!!!!

BUT! I did weigh in at 150.8 on Friday which is a change from 152.4 last week. Woop woop.

Also! I wanted to share this note of happiness...I haven't seen my one girl friend in a few months, and I walked into her house yesterday and she goes... "Hey.. thanks for.. OMG you look really good!" She spun me around and was like... "Omg what! You look SO good, let me see.. at least you didn't lose THAT (points to my *kitten*)" Haha :) Love it!

Feels goooooo---ooooo---oooodddd!!
  • Stampinda
    Options
    ....and 586 calories burned today. Whew. That was one tough week. :P
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I got a little workout in today and burned 469, making my total for the week 2,330 calories burned!

Do you all need me to total your week?

New challenge starts tomorrow! Be ready!! :)
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I kind of fizzled out and gave up on even trying to complete this weeks challenge, just because I was so stressed out about my weight and felt like I was mentally in a bad place, and I just had to take a week off so that I could take a step back and reevaluate my goals and eating/exercise plan. But I am ready to start back fresh tomorrow! :)
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My total cals burned for the week was 2016! just made it!! :D
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who did SO WELL this week! AWESOME WORK!

I came in just shy at 1844 calories. I know there's still a few hours left in the day, but honestly I'm at work until 3 am, I don't have my running shoes, so I don't see myself sneaking in the 156 needed by pacing the halls. But we'll see. If I do, you better believe I'll update!! :)

Can't wait to see what this new week ahead of us brings.

On a side note - it's my three year anniversary with my main man tomorrow and thanks to Groupon/Dealfind, we're going to the most lavish restaurant in our city with a $100 gift certificate (I paid $50 for it) for dinner! I'm pretty darn excited and as always - have nothing to wear! Ah.
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    I came in with 2961 calories burned with exercise over the week.

I walked 3 of the days at lunch time, and went to Jazzercise 4 days, and did Zumba in my living room once!! :) I might have walked here at night another night, I don't remember....

I'm proud of myself because this past week was my first real week back to exercise. The week prior I'd gone to Jazzercise two times and that's it...I'd been easing my way back to it!!

Today I took totally off from exercise, figured Sundays will be my recuperation day!!

Thanks for the motivation!! I'm looking forward to this next challenge!!

Congrats to all of you who met the challenge, as well as to those of you who managed to step things up due to this challenge, whether you met the goal or not. And a special shout out to those who maybe didn't quite make it, but who are determined to stick around and keep on trying!!
  • Manders1305
    Options
    I want to apologize for not completing the challenge this week. I burned 1500 and some change before I got sick, then little man got sick and I took him to the ER. So things have kind of been off. But hopefully tomorrow I am able to get back on track.
  • skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Okay, I kind of fell off the exercise wagon the weekend and my total for the week ended up at 1254. Looking forward to a fresh week and and new challenge! Congrats to everyone who did so well!
  • fosterr8
    Options
    This week I burned 2565 calories! Definitely a record for me. I probably haven't done this much exercise since I was a competitive gymnast 3 years ago! I am very proud of myself, and proud of all of you! I love that losing weight is simple math. Take in less than you burn off. I definitely noticed a weight change from exercising more often this month and especially this week.

I am very excited to see what next week's challenge is!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, this w/e was pretty much a write off in terms of food, alcohol and exercise. Am back on track tomorrow. I don't even want to hazard a guess at how much I gained this week. ACK!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I didn't make my 5000 goal! :mad: 4202 I can only blame myself and my lazy *kitten*. Instead of working out on Saturday and Sunday I sat on my butt! Due to that my weight reflects it too (-0.2 loss). I need to motivate myself and get back into logging food and ALL the food I eat. I need to get back on track!!!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I want to apologize for not completing the challenge this week. I burned 1500 and some change before I got sick, then little man got sick and I took him to the ER. So things have kind of been off. But hopefully tomorrow I am able to get back on track.
    Is little man ok?
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Here's to a new week, and we will ALL meet the challenge! Can I get an AMEN?!
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who met the challenge for last week, and good luck to everyone for this week's challenge. I can't wait to see what it is!

I took last week off and made a vow not to weigh myself for a month, buuuut... I weighed myself this morning, LOL! I couldn't help it. I had to know just how much I gained during last weeks binge-fest, and I was shocked. I went from 128.4 to 129.0, whew!! I thought for sure it would be the 130's. Now to get back on track, and do a good workout today. :)
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you lovlies that made the goal! And I'm glad to hear that those who didn't make the goal are not giving up. I hear determination! Can't wait to see what this week's goal is :)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Skinny Dippers! I'm so proud of these results, you all have done great! To those who fell off the wagon, it happens! To all of us. This week you can def do it :)

As for me, I'm on the tail end of this sickness that has been kicking my *kitten* and making me SO tired. Luckily I've been staying active and at least going on walks. I'm sitting on the scale at 158.6, and I'm really hoping to get a better loss by Wednesday. It's 12 and a half weeks until my birthday and I still have 18 and a half pounds to lose! Really gotta amp up the workouts. Also, my bf and I are getting the keys to our new duplex today!! I am so excited to finally get settled and I think that will take a little stress off me (though this whole job situation is really irking me..).

I hope everyone had a great weekend because here comes this week's challenge!
    Starting today and going through Sunday, you must complete 50 burpees every day!!
    (If you aren't sure of what that is, here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2cPYR0lRUE ).
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE JUMP AT THE END UNLESS YOU WANT THE EXTRA BURN!!
    I won't make it super competitive so no need to record times or anything. You can even break it up throughout the day, JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO 50!

Ready.....GO!
    :heart:
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Checking in with 266 cal burned today which brings me to a total of 1258 for the week. This is GREAT for me since this is the most I've exercised in the past year at least. I'm just so glad to be starting to get back on track.
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    That's GREAT!