My kids won't eat breakfast!

Options
124»

Replies

• SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    How old are your children? This is an important piece of information not provided.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I never ate breakfast when I was a kid either. It felt like I had a cement block in my stomach.
    DO NOT, under any circumstances, punish them for not eating. You'll screw up their relationship with food for the rest of their lives.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to force feed your kids?
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    When I was younger if I didn't want to go to school I ate breakfast and 15 min later I was sick. I couldn't handle solid food till mid morning.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make them. If you have food available they'll eat when they get hungry. I was never able to eat breakfast as a kid though. I'd end up feeling sick till lunch time.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My son (9 years old) has never been a breakfast eater first thing in the morning. When school is in session, I don't worry about getting him to eat something before school- thankfully his school has free breakfast that they serve to all the kids at around 9:30. He has had camp the last week and next week, and they only serve a snack around 10:30, so I have been allowing him to eat either a granola bar or a sandwich just so he goes with something in his tummy. During the summer and on weekends, he eats when he's hungry. I say let them skip it if they aren't hungry.