10500 Kettlebell Swing Challenge!

Options
There are 15 weeks until the end of the year and that makes for a perfect challenge! Dontcha thing? 10500 Kettlebell Swings by the end of the year! Can you do it?? I know I am going to do it!! Let me know if you want to join the challenge and add me as a friend if you want!??!
You can do the swings however you want. It works out to be 100 Swing a day!! You can do 50 in the morning 50 at night. You can do 300 a day and get done early, but the goal is to finish 10500 by the end of 2011! Join in... We can use this thread to update and let everyone know how far we are in our goal.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is a Kettlebell Swing?
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Do you know what a kettlebell is??
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do you know what a kettlebell is??

No, not really. It's some type of weight I think.
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    Go to youtube and look up Kettlebell swing and look at KBQUEEN she is awesome and usually gives great instructions.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells aren't widely used on here it seems, which is a shame because the workouts are awesome!! I guess it's because the kettlebells are so much more expensive.

I'll join the challenge!
  • sputnika
    sputnika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go!
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Thats 3 of us! :) So lets just give it a go & update on here with how many you have done for the day! Nice to meet both of you! Kettlebells are AWESOME, I feel the burn for a few days after and I feel like its helping me tone. I know my thighs are more toned than they used to be and my arms as well... My fave Kettlebell techniques are the Windmill, 1/2 Turkish Get up & Swing. I also do the high pull. :) The high pull is like a swing, but its one armed and at the last minute you pull your arm back. Windmill is great for back fat I think! :) Let me know if you guys have any that you really like (especially for abs)! :flowerforyou: Nice to meet you guys!
  • victor73
    victor73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! A friend of mine started me on kettlebells about a month ago using the Skogg System. He uses 6 main exercises with the kettlebell: Swing, Clean, Clean and Jerk, High Pull, Squat, and Snatch. Those Squats and High pulls are killers... I like that he explains that the High Pull is like an elbow strike to someone behind you.
  • sputnika
    sputnika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So, I've done a few days now and it's early days but I'm still going! I'm trying to do 130 a day for the moment because I shall be away a couple of times in October and I'm trying to get ahead of myself now to make up for that. I also do 50 twists, which I hope will help trim my waist (medical check-up in October and I really need to lose a couple of centimetres). I hope you're all doing fine as well.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I will do it. I am behind so I will work at catching up tonight. I should have 400 done by today so maybe I will aim to do 200 tonight, 200 tomorrow and Wed and then I will be caught up.
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    Yay!!! We got more people on our challenge! So how many have you each done??? I'm a couple days behind, but I'll be catching up tonight! 10500 here I come!
  • victor73
    victor73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started last night and managed to get 186 done. (110 within 10 minutes and then during my regular KB workout got another 76 in). Unfortunately, my arms feel like jello this morning. But, I'm going to keep it up and see if I can at least get another 120-150 in tonight.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Good luck you guys! Great to see more kettlebellers on here.
  • cheri03
    Options
    I did 500 last night. Going to do 200 tonight. I think I will have to have some kind of log to keep up with how many I have done.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    i'm in; please add me. i just got one and its great. i'm doing 50 tonight.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I just bought a kettle bell this past week and I love the work out. I didn't think it would wear me out as much as it did, but I was wrong. I bought the 8 lb, and am thinking of getting a 12 lb after awhile.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I love Kettle Bell workouts!!! Please count me in!!!
  • cheri03
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I need to still do my 100 for today.
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    Count me in as well!! Q
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'll join! Kettlebells are fabulous! Guess I have some catching up to do though!

I've been using them for a while and generally go through the Art of Strength Providence dvd 2 or 3 times a week.

There are also really great short videos on the artofstrength.com website.