Most people on here are lovely BUT..

Options
124»

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    600 calories a day isn't enough and nobody is going to support that, unless they too have issues.

I'd also make comments.
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    As I'm one of the people (or probably the person) you are talking about I think I should explain my comments.

You are eating between 600 - 800 calories a day and exercising most days. We all know the minimum calories we should be eating is 1200. If you come on a site such as this, which promotes healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle, make friends with people for support you, then why criticise when people are trying to help you? I have commented several times on your diary that you've made some great food choices but you really need to eat more calories. I have never said eat junk food or eat when you're not hungry but I will not post "well done", "great day" on someones diary when they've only eating 660 calories over a day, that is not healthy, is not good for you and as far as I'm concerned is not being a good friend or a good support, encouraging someone to eat at that level on a daily basis is wanting that person to fail, become ill or simply not caring.

The comments I make are not because I'm jealous or because I'm a heifer it's because I want to give the same support that I receive.

If you prefer "friends" who just say "woohoo well done" without reading what you are actually eating then please feel free to delete me.

Jayne
    I agree Jayne and I'm proud to call you a friend on MFP.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    oh so you want to starve yourself and get kuddos for it...there is probable pro-ana board where you would fit perfectly. Truth hurt???? Maybe time to reconsider what you are doing.

disgusting people like you make me sick with comments like that.

If not supporting a young women destroying her health makes you sick ....then yep I am a disgusting disgusting person. I am also a mother of a young girl, a surrogate mother of 4 babies (I have created 2 famillies and changed life forever) I am a wonderfull friends that I would never support doing what that girl is doing. So in my book, I am an awsome person that does not give just lip service :) I guess we will agree to disagree :)

@OP--How is yanicka's comment disgusting? if the posts on this thread convey the situation accurately, it sounds like you are not eating enough. Her point is that this forum is for people who want to practice healthy eating habits, so if you're looking for validation for anorexic behavior, you need to seek it elsewhere. Perhaps her approach is a bit harsh, but if you are only eating 600 calories a day, what you are doing to your body is much harsher.

This actually made me laugh! The assumptions here are positively amazing! First one basically calls the op anorexic without any evidence of this just an assumption (if you have looked at op's diet then misinformation) and then sells herself as a super wonderful person we should all bow down to because she is so selfless and wonderful! Note to you; being rude has no place anywhere let alone here! One can share ones feelings and thoughts in a polite way by asking more questions and finding out the facts before being helpful and advisory, instead you were mean and up your own bottom! For second one, how can you say how is it disgusting? Then admit her approach was harsh. To be honest even if the op was anorexic (which she isn't) what help have you two just offered an apparently poorly girl that needs help? The op eats exceptionally healthily and eats in a certain way which is why her calories can sometimes look low, however, this would have meant her consuming a lot of food! I eat in the same way and it is a struggle to eat your full calorie intake, but it is a proven healthy and wonderful way to eat. Perhaps you should both give it a go so you can see how hard it can be to get all the calories in when you are so full. I eat 6 amazing meals a day by the way and snacks and I eat every 3 hours 7am, 10am,1pm,4pm,7pm,10pm meals each time generally. And just to point out; op's profile pic is great don't you think does she truly look super skinny ribs showing ill to you? Well no she doesn't look like that does she!

First of all, I don't think Yanicka's statement was disgusting--there is a difference between being "a bit harsh" and being "disgusting." For the OP to post the topic and then call a response disgusting makes me think that either Yanicka's statement hit home or the OP is overly sensitive as some of her "friends" on this thread have already suggested.

Secondly, I prefaced my opinion by stating "if the posts on this thread convey the situation accurately" b/c when I tried to view the OP's diary it was private--I assumed she had taken the advice of other posters here and changed her settings. I stand by my opinion that anyone who eats only 600 cal/day AND doesn't eat back any exercise calories is treating her body in a harsh manner. If that is not the case for the OP, then the description of her diary by some of the other posters in this thread is wrong.

Having said that, I agree that it is sometimes difficult to eat back enough exercise calories when I burn an excessive amount, but I've adjusted my eating schedule and diet so that I at least come close WITHOUT adding in a bunch of garbage. My friends can see my diary, so even if I have a day here or there when I'm under, they know it's not the norm for me. I guess I just don't know what the OP is experiencing--you are making it sound like she is eating an ample amount of calorie but still getting negative comments in which case she needs to choose better friends. Others on here claim to view her diary regularly and state that isn't the case. I was merely stating the obvious--if she IS truly undereating, most people on this site won't validate her behavior.