Fat girls are easy

Options
I am so angry! This was a part of a morning radio show a few days ago and I am still fuming and I just have to rant a little. The topic was a new study that came out that said that fat girls are more likely to give it up on a first date than "pretty" girls. So the suggestion was if you were looking into a dating website for a one night stand, to choose a larger girl. They even went on to say that eager beats pretty anyday. I can say that I will never listen to this station again, even though the music is better, and I will choose a more family friendly station like MIX. Oh, I can feel my blood pressure going up again.:mad:

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    that is sooo awfull you should write in and complain!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is so degrading to women all together. What garbage was it that you were listening to?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Just another way of judging "bigger" people. I honestly do not believe your weight determines if you'll "give it up" on a first date or not. I think it depends on the person, their date, and such - NOT on their weight. It is ridiculous to me that people would base it on someone's weight, but...

If it were me, I would probably contact the radio station and let them know that after hearing this (I'm not so sure it is appropriate for radio?) you won't be listening to their station anymore.
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It was on the BUZZ, rock music and obviously *kitten* in the morning
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    just curious, do you disagree with the results of the study or are you upset that they aired that type of content on the show?
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    ew, what a horrible thing to think, let alone to say live on a radioshow.

and in my own experience, self-esteem is the real factor in this situation, NOT weight.
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    I dont agree with the radio topic at all but i have heard the same sort of thing over the years from men especially, apparently big girls give it there all, xx
  • tropicalzephyr
    tropicalzephyr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pffft - I am a fat girl tryong to lose weight and I cant find anyone to sleep with. So i am not too sure about the eager bit - we dont get any!!! Pretty girls - well, they act so hard to get.

And yeah rubbish station. Absolute rubbishness.
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    I know that as individuals larger ladies may be insulted by this but...

What do statistics say? Surely there must have been some research and there is evidence to back the findings? If so then it's a fact, not just somebody having a go at larger women?
  • Degren
    Options
    Just the fact that they were talking about finding girls willing to "give it up" on the first date says A LOT about the low self esteem of the men involved in this study.
  • Puckermann
    Options
    I find "shallow" woman to be very easy, whereas a woman with a bit more meat would simply question my motives. So I beg to differ.
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    just curious, do you disagree with the results of the study or are you upset that they aired that type of content on the show?

I agree that a woman with lower self esteem will more likely let herself be used, not just in that situation, but in life and that doesn't just pertain to fat women. I am also not happy that they are encouraging that type of mindset.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    seems to me almost everyone gives it up pretty easily these days :laugh:

<<<<<<< old fogey
  • kissiefish
    Options
    Please people. I was 270 pounds when I married my husband. I was told all my life that I was so fat and ugly that nobody would ever love me. I figured I'd jump at the first chance I had to get married. I had 5 marriage proposals before I chose my husband. Oh...i was also 1 month away from turning 30 years old...and yes...I was a virgin! Did I have opportunity to sleep around. Yes. But I had a belief that life is more than sex and a realationship more than jumping in a bed. Even though I was "verbally abused" by my family about my weight issue and still struggle with self esteem....I had enough PRIDE in myself to wait. I'm not an animal just because the world calls me 'fat'.

Knock of the crap.
  • kissiefish
    Options
    I find "shallow" woman to be very easy, whereas a woman with a bit more meat would simply question my motives. So I beg to differ.

Thank you!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    seems to me almost everyone gives it up pretty easily these days :laugh:

<<<<<<< old fogey

Please point me in the direction of these people... they're certainly not giving it up in my direction :ohwell:
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    It's disgusting. Insert any other physical attribute or race or religious affiliation and you can see how offensive it was. Definitely write and complain. Give me their address and I'll complain, too. And, NO, there is no research that proves fat women give more; people lie about sex all the time and this was just a way to diss fat people.
  • kissiefish
    Options
    Oh. let me add. I worked in radio for 23 years as an "on air personality" and MOST morning shows (I was never on the morning show except to fill in) will do about anything for ratings. Howard Stern (gag) is the 'model' for most of these jokers. Writing in and complaining will do no good. you want to make a change....get their market (who are they aiming for 18-24 yr olds probably) to change their thinking then THEY will change the station and the morning idiots will go away. STOP supporting them and radio stations listen. For them, it is truly all about the ratings.
  • bopefas
    bopefas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There is a reason people are on the radio and not TV.The reason is their face looks better on radio.You should get XM radio,great music and no idiots blabbing about the latest survey's.Hang in there,ignore the morons,they're small inside.
  • BlondeToast
    Options
    What is everyone here classing as "fat" exactly??
This discussion has been closed.