Operation: Sexy Claus Challenge Week #1 9.19.11 (Closed Grou

Options

Replies

• jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day:

In your weight loss journey, thus far, what do you feel is the most important thing that you have learned?

The biggest thing I have learned is patience. Previous attempts to lose weight resulted in my being frustrated after not losing a ton of weight after one month of changing my habits or taking some pill that I thought would magically make the fat disappear. I was so impatient with my body and wanted IMMEDIATE results. I didn't celebrate small victories. Then I would give up and gain all the weight back plus 5 pounds. Now I am patient with this process and I celebrate all the small victories no matter how small. And this is no longer about just losing weight. It's about teaching my kids balance and having them be informed about how our bodies work and how food is supposed to make you feel.
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I learned that settling is just not an option. You have to keep working, not just coast on by. Sure, I have days (and weeks) where I slack off a little, but I know not to expect a loss or to feel good about myself by the end of the week. My other attempts to lose weight... I would be motivated for a month or so, not lose any weight, and get frustrated and give up and just settle with maintaining by weight, at which I was unhappy. No more settling for me. If I want it, I have to go get it. It's the only way I can be happy.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Awesome answers so far to the question of the day ladies....all of them are things that I am sure we have all learned and are still learning.
  • miss_amy
    Options
    Question of the Day:

In your weight loss journey, thus far, what do you feel is the most important thing that you have learned?

the most important thing i've learned is that weight loss is all a mind game. if you can battle your own mind and say no to bad foods when your mind is saying yes, you win. this has been the hardest struggle for me, but i finally feel like i'm starting to understand the difference of what my body wants vs what my mind wants.

i also learned that slow and steady wins the weight loss race. the weight is more likely to stay off the slower i lose, and i'm happy with that. this is a lifestyle change, not some quick fix.
  • miss_amy
    Options
    Question of the Day:

I have learned that weight loss is so much more than shedding weight as it is trying to shed a negative self-image. I remember looking back and hating the way I looked and felt! It is amazing how many emotions go into losing weight. It is like gaining a new and improved self. There are days where I still don't feel GORGEOUS...but I am getting there. I realize that confidence is all about the energy you give off and not what size you are.

i love this! so true!
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    I have learned that no one is responsible for my weight loss but me. If i go out with friends, it is my responsibility to stick to my plan, or im the one that suffers later. If my boyfriend doesnt want to eat my healthy dinners, then he can cook his own meals. If I get lazy and skip my workouts, i have to work twice as hard the next day. No one is going to do this for me but me!
  • Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day:

I have learned that weight loss is so much more than shedding weight as it is trying to shed a negative self-image. I remember looking back and hating the way I looked and felt! It is amazing how many emotions go into losing weight. It is like gaining a new and improved self. There are days where I still don't feel GORGEOUS...but I am getting there. I realize that confidence is all about the energy you give off and not what size you are.

*TEAR* My feelings exactly at this present time!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Question of the Day:

*TEAR* My feelings exactly at this present time!

Girl it has taken so much for me to just look in the mirror and say, "I am ok with who I am, what I look and the process...I know I am working towards a better me"
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Weight 189.2
    Monday: JM 30 DS & Kickboxing
    Tuesday C25K & Power walking
    I'll aternate between the two for the remainder of the week.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Question of the Day:

I have learned so much. I just wish I could stick to what I have learned better. I sometimes get in the mindset if I have one cheat meal to say "screw it" I am just going to eat bad for the rest of the day. I need to learn to plan better. I have also learned to watch my net calories and water intake they really help my body.
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day:

That this can't be a diet.... I have tried so many diets...and none of them work! this has to be a commitment of a healthier lifestyle.... and that as BAD as i absolutely hate to exercise.... it's like milk which I also am not a fan of...hah it does a body good :) and that if I want to reach my goal weight one day I'm going to have to exercise to get there...
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    So, many of you have said exactly what I've learned. I never thought I could live off of fresh veggies, fruits, fibers and lean meats. I thought I would actually die if I didn't have something processed in my mouth. Once I've grasped how bad processed food really is for me, I have no problem saying "NO" to it. I've also learned that I can push myself so much further then I allowed myself. Running my 1st mile straight w/o walking is a HUGE accomplishment, where as before I couldn't even run 2 mins straight w/o feeling as if I were going to die! I have come far but, know my battle is far from over.

As for my workout yesterday I killed it. This was the highest burning day I ever had. I did "Bushman's Challenge Week4 Day1: 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees, 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats(25mins 245) JM's KB&T: 40Mins= 395Cals & Powered Walked: 55Mins= 600 cals 4miles"

Keep up the great work Ladies and Keep On Pushing!!
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day:

I had to learn that there are no quick fixs to this, no magic pill and no speical diet. I had to learn that it will take time and I have to be patient and put in the work it takes to achieve what I want. I had to learn this is a lifestyle change not just I need to fit in this by a certain date. I had to learn that I am worth the hard work and sacrifice!
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! How did the workouts go yesterday?

Workout was great I did the C25k WK 3 Day 2 and the 6 week 6 pack Abs. Let my sister use my 30 DS so I had to do the other one. So glad cause I lovvvvvvvvved it!!!
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! How did the workouts go yesterday?

I actually DID get on the stepper yesterday... and again first thing this morning.... hoping I can squeeze in the 15 mins every morning so I knwo at least I did SOMETHING
  • punkrawkcutie
    Options
    Question of the Day:

This is kinda where I am at too. I know I need to work at feeling good about my self for who I am, not what I look like or what the number on the scale says.
  • punkrawkcutie
    Options
    Question of the Day:

I have learned that I am an all or nothing kind of person... and that needs to stop. I have been really bad for throwing in the towel as soon as I have something I shouldn't and then it turns into an all out binge. I am the same way with working out. If I don't think I can get an hour in, I just wont work out. I need to remember that all the little things add up and that a slip doesn't need to turn into a fall down the rabbit hole.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Question of the Day:

I have learned that I am an all or nothing kind of person... and that needs to stop. I have been really bad for throwing in the towel as soon as I have something I shouldn't and then it turns into an all out binge. I am the same way with working out. If I don't think I can get an hour in, I just wont work out. I need to remember that all the little things add up and that a slip doesn't need to turn into a fall down the rabbit hole.

I am the same way. If I can't go super hard or do the workout I "want to do" then I just wont work out at all.. Very bad way of looking at it, but I do the same thing girl.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have learned that this is a committment I am making to the rest of my life to be healthy and happy. I am striving to get ahold on this now so that I don't pass on all my bad habits to my kids.
  • maipai21
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm learning lots of lessons on this weight loss journey. One of the most important ones that I'm still learning is patience. I'm realizing the weight is not going to fall off overnight. I've got to put in the work AND the time! I've got to eat my net calories and drink my water and I've got to learn to rest. I'm learning to love myself enough to give myself a chance at this, and it's working! I'm learning that despite working full time, being a mother of 2 and volunteering that I am a priority as well.

My workout yesterday was fun! I burned almost a 1000 calories dancing lol. I'm in love with my HRM!